Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats cap. The line when healthy is completely fine if not above average. Get a center and it most likely goes to a fairly good line.

I was blinded by homerism too but naw the "no qb could succeed here" shyt is overblown. this team is not terrible. And it has a ton of cap and a top ten pick too. Its malpractice to not pick the QB two years in a row, especially when this one falls in your lap.

That said if they take Maye and hes not Manning reincarnated or some shyt I'm turning in my fan card no cap.
It is bigger malpractice never to draft somebody that the quarterback can throw the ball to. In that Cleveland game Bears receivers dropped 2 touchdowns. Everyone remembers the Darnell Mooney drop to end the game, but people seem to forget that in the first half of that game Fields threw a perfect 40 yard pass to the tightened (#18) who could have walked into the end zone for the touchdown. That didn't happen because the dude dropped it.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It is bigger malpractice never to draft somebody that the quarterback can throw the ball to. In that Cleveland game Bears receivers dropped 2 touchdowns. Everyone remembers the Darnell Mooney drop to end the game, but people seem to forget that in the first half of that game Fields threw a perfect 40 yard pass to the tightened (#18) who could have walked into the end zone for the touchdown. That didn't happen because the dude dropped it.

Every qb deals with drops man we not going to do this lol. The browns game was terrible though.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Getsy would still be his OC, we wouldn’t have DJ Moore, we wouldn’t have Darnell Wright (the only offensive lineman who’s been healthy all year), we wouldn’t have Tyrique Stevenson, and we wouldn’t have the top pick this year.

There’s NO way CJ would have the season he had with the Texans if the Bears drafted him. I doubt the Bears would’ve won 7 games either (should’ve been 10).
A lot of yal over complicate sports. A lot of yal act like every quarterback is equal with the same weapons or without them.

Who is better at passing the football with anticipation and accuracy on this level? There isn't any speculation with how his game will translate in the NFL, because he (Stroud) is in the NFL... with Justin.

All the excuses in the fukking world on this shyt. A lot of analysts were high on Chicago too. They played a trash schedule and still blew 3 games. smh. Watching what Stroud just did this year and saying he wouldn't be shyt with Chicago is some nut shyt. Nobody was talking about the Texans weapons before this nikka pulled up as a rookie

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
A lot of yal over complicate sports. A lot of yal act like every quarterback is equal with the same weapons or without them.

Who is better at passing the football with anticipation and accuracy on this level? There isn't any speculation with how his game will translate in the NFL, because he (Stroud) is in the NFL... with Justin.

All the excuses in the fukking world on this shyt. A lot of analysts were high on Chicago too. They played a trash schedule and still blew 3 games. smh. Watching what Stroud just did this year and saying he wouldn't be shyt with Chicago is some nut shyt. Nobody was talking about the Texans weapons before this nikka pulled up as a rookie
This ain’t about who’s better between Justin and Caleb. I would just rather go the route of having a stacked team vs HOPING I draft some great QB when history has shown us that the #1 pick at QB isn’t as successful as one would think. Patrick Mahomes was the 10th pick and he went to a 10-6 team that already had Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, and he elevated them. Jalen Hurts went to a team that won the Super Bowl just 3 years prior and was in the playoffs the year before. Lamar Jackson got drafted to a team that went 9-7 and already a great organization with a winning culture.

In the past 20 years, 15 QBs were taken with the #1 pick. Only 3 went to the Super Bowl with the team that drafted them (Burrow, Goff and Newton). I guess you can count Eli, even though he was a draft day trade. Eli was the only one of those 4 who actually won it all. There are 8 #1 QB picks still active. Half are with the team that drafted them, and they all got drafted within the past 5 years.

TL;DR
The best QBs weren’t drafted #1. Build a team and if you need to change QBs, you can find one later.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Would be insane if the bears can somehow get Williams and MHJ. I’d mortgage my future to be able to draft down into top 4 to grab MHJ

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I watched every Texans game over the years living in Houston. It ain't just CJ came. They had talent on the OL and the Watson trade draft capitial really pushed up their rebuild. It helps their playing in a weak conference against a weaker schedule. Why CJ is doing is similar to Dan Marino. That's not normal for any rookie QB at all.

This ultimately comes down to how you like Fields. Fields supporters think he can be a top 5-10. Anti Fields guys don't see a franchise QB. So it's obvious where this convo will go with his supporters and his non supporters and why there is no middle ground.

I am a Fields supporter so I say keep him. I also see that the Bears are building the squad around Fields strengths to protect his weaknesses. That's what Philly did with Hurts. I am all in on that idea.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
He's 11-29 as a starter, I don't care what's around him, who's fault it is, it just isn't working out.
If what we are doing doesn't translate to wins it is time to change it up.