Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of if’s to support your statement lol. They can get MHJ and another qb in 1-2 years. Bears will be ass for years. Caleb isnt a cant-miss prospect.
The point is if Caleb ends up being great the Bears franchise literally turns around and they will be contenders for the next decade. Building a team around an elite QB on a rookie contract is like winning the lottery.

If MHJ ends up being great, who cares honestly. WRs don’t move the needle unless the team is literally a WR away from being contenders. The Bears aren’t there yet

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
End of the day QB and play calling that takes advantage of what they can do makes so much of a difference. I’m trying to think when was the last time a team won the Super Bowl without either an elite Quarterback or a Quarterback who played straight out their mind for the entire play-offs.

I’m sure you can find a few examples, however, you’re betting against massive odds.

Maybe the Bears can focus on building up everything else then find their veteran QB like the Rams did if Fields isn’t that guy.

That said, this is probably the best time to sell high on Fields. I think you can take a team to the cleaners.

Last edited:

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
The Bears will be ass for years? How? They have 7 wins right now, and they literally blew 3 games with double digit leads in the 4th quarter. They had multiple coaches dismissed before they even played half of the season too. 1 being their defensive coordinator.

Their defense has been a problem after acquiring Sweat. PLUS they have a shyt load of draft capital and capspace. Why would the Bears be ASS for years exactly?

:dwillhuh:
I’m telling y’all bear fans these dudes in here don’t want games at all that’s why I’m don’t going to even waste time and debate

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I have no idea why Caleb is still rated so highly :dead: if you NEED a QB, sure, go for it. That doesn't apply to Chicago at all though lmao
The Bears will be ass for years? How? They have 7 wins right now, and they literally blew 3 games with double digit leads in the 4th quarter. They had multiple coaches dismissed before they even played half of the season too. 1 being their defensive coordinator.

Their defense has been a problem after acquiring Sweat. PLUS they have a shyt load of draft capital and capspace. Why would the Bears be ASS for years exactly?

:dwillhuh:
year of the casual fr

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bears dont need a QB? :mjlol:
the falcons *need* a QB. the giants. the patriots. etc. there's levels to being deprived at that position.

Fields was right back with the rest of the developing upwards QBs after the Bears coaches realized they'd be kicked out right along with him if shyt didn't work out. Once they stopped trying to force him into a style of play that wasn't his, dude started getting his confidence back in less than a month lol

if they keep stacking up quality players other positions, then by the time its clear what Fields is/isn't they'll be able to pick and choose exactly what kinda guy they need whether its another young QB or a vet looking for a better situation.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
I got love for Justin but my main concern is how he performs when it’s crunch time.

maybe he will get better down the line, but if the bears decide to move on from him I wouldn’t be mad either.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Is Fields the most overrated QB in the League right now?

First the preseason MVP shouts
Then the Lamar comparisons
Now the excessive praise for a month of mediocre to below-average QB play.

How can mfs watch CJ Stroud and Jordan Love this season and still defend a guy putting up Trubisky numbers?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

How can mfs watch CJ Stroud and Jordan Love this season and still defend a guy putting up Trubisky numbers?
How dare u speak facts :hhh:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
the falcons *need* a QB. the giants. the patriots. etc. there's levels to being deprived at that position.

Fields was right back with the rest of the developing upwards QBs after the Bears coaches realized they'd be kicked out right along with him if shyt didn't work out. Once they stopped trying to force him into a style of play that wasn't his, dude started getting his confidence back in less than a month lol

if they keep stacking up quality players other positions, then by the time its clear what Fields is/isn't they'll be able to pick and choose exactly what kinda guy they need whether its another young QB or a vet looking for a better situation.
Mitch Trubisky as a Bear outperformed Fields but they arent being deprived at that position?

Listen man, i was a big Fields homer coming out the draft. Ask any Cowboys fan. I wanted to draft him instead of Parsons and bush Dak.

Ill even take it a step further. If the Bears held the 2nd pick instead of the first, id be open to the idea of keeping Fields and building around him for another year.

But passing up on one of the most hyped QBs in years for a guy that cant get me 20 passing touchdowns in a season is insane to me.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Mitch Trubisky as a Bear outperformed Fields but they arent being deprived at that position?

Listen man, i was a big Fields homer coming out the draft. Ask any Cowboys fan. I wanted to draft him instead of Parsons and bush Dak.

Ill even take it a step further. If the Bears held the 2nd pick instead of the first, id be open to the idea of keeping Fields and building around him for another year.

But passing up on one of the most hyped QBs in years for a guy that cant get me 20 passing touchdowns in a season is insane to me.
mitch wasn't the QB when the bears were in a position to enjoy this kind of draft haul two years in a row with essentially zero expense to the organization outside of a year of individual coaches getting their respective wakeup calls

and mitch shouldn't have been drafted that high in the first place. completely different situations, they're not in a hurry nor are they up against the wall.

and most of all - caleb ain't such a high prospect of a QB that you're safe from swapping one set of growing pains for another :dead:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
mitch wasn't the QB when the bears were in a position to enjoy this kind of draft haul two years in a row with essentially zero expense to the organization outside of a year of individual coaches getting their respective wakeup calls

and mitch shouldn't have been drafted that high in the first place. completely different situations, they're not in a hurry nor are they up against the wall.

and most of all - caleb ain't such a high prospect of a QB that you're safe from swapping one set of growing pains for another :dead:
fukk the draft haul breh :dahell:

It means nothing if this nikka doesnt improve substantially or the gm makes the wrong picks :dahell:

The team can still improve under Caleb with all of the cap space they are going to have and they have some nice building blocks for the future already.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
fukk the draft haul breh :dahell:

It means nothing if this nikka doesnt improve substantially or the gm makes the wrong picks :dahell:

The team can still improve under Caleb with all of the cap space they are going to have and they have some nice building blocks for the future already.
the draft haul from *one* of those years has already been clearly massive for chicago :mjlol: acting like fields is holding the city at gunpoint or something you ain't serious

Daps

Trubisky actually took them to the playoffs and had a positive impact on producing winning football.

Look at Trubisky's 2nd year numbers. Fields has not shown anything close to that.

I don't care how many times he runs around like a headless chicken. You have to combine it with good passing numbers.