Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace

Reading the comments. I actually am now pretty convinced most Bears fans want to move on with Caleb.

At the end of the day, the advantage here is that if Chicago drafts Caleb no one’s really going to blame them except a small pocket of people. That’s literally been the guy the last two, maybe three years everyone’s been talking about. If dude has a good Combine/Pro Day it’d basically be all but settled.

You don't know Chicago fans..Justin wins wherever he goes and Caleb lays a egg that first week they will boo that man on the streets and threaten his family. Trubisky never threw a ball for us and got booed at his first Bulls game because that ain't who we wanted... fukk you think will happen to Caleb's diva ass?

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
You don't know Chicago fans..Justin wins wherever he goes and Caleb lays a egg that first week they will boo that man on the streets and threaten his family. Trubisky never threw a ball for us and got booed at his first Bulls game because that ain't who we wanted... fukk you think will happen to Caleb's diva ass?
I’m not going to say the first week but if fields ball out this Sunday and gets traded Caleb better have a season like cam 2011,RG3 and Andrew luck 2012 and CJ stroud this season or will will get booed out of town I said that earlier in this thread
That’s why I’m not in this thread arguing you can tell who watches Bears game and who is just box watching regurgitating things some people in mainstream media say and :mjlol: at lions fans saying fields is trash he shytted on yall TWICE and we should’ve swept yall tbh the only fan base that can talk shyt about fields is the Vikings Flores got getsy number If the bears win Sunday and fields ball out and he gets traded Caleb better come out like mahomes in 2018 or Andrew luck and RG3 in 2012 or the city will boo him out of town

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You don't know Chicago fans..Justin wins wherever he goes and Caleb lays an egg that first week they will boo that man on the streets and threaten his family. Trubisky never threw a ball for us and got booed at his first Bulls game because that ain't who we wanted... fukk you think will happen to Caleb's diva ass?
It’s not like you wouldn’t be letting Fields go for nothing. Ideally you’d get the best value for him as much as possible by selling at a high point like right now. It’s not like you’re letting him walk. Plus there’s a big chance Fields underperforms.

Fans may initially boo, but most reasonable people would know you’re playing the long game. Setting the team up for postseasons with an electric, high-potential QB who can put dots all over the field making passes that only QB’s like Mahomes, Josh Allen and Justin Herbert can make. QB’s with an arm for both pure power and finesse touch passes like Caleb’s means coaches don’t have to compromise on the passing options. The playbook opens up exponentially.

Not to mention, a QB who knows how to QB at a high-level will actually make your WR's better by helping them out with their decision-making. I saw some plays this season where it looked like your WRs didn't know what they were doing. A good QB can fix that when they go on the sideline to evaluate what happened. If your QB ain't that great of a passer, then their potential as a WR core only gets capped as well. Bears have been winning games recently, but that's despite the QB play - it's because the team is playing well. So imagine if you get a good QB driving that. I think it's very unlikely if you upgrade your QB position (and it'll be a significant upgrade) that the team will be worse next season.

From what I see, if the Bears are a play-off team right now then QB is the weakest link as you have a good supporting cast that's carrying. However, you have a a special talent right there for the taking to address that weakness.

At the end of the day, If you want to win and contend for a long time then the decision is simple. However, if you want to keep someone likable, then the decision gets more complicated.

Last edited:
Daps
I have wanted the Bears for a while to trade down and see if they can snag an additional late 1st/early 2nd to take a flyer on Penix + grab Odunze in top 10, pair up college buddies and let there be a QB competition in camp, but Penix's draft stock has exploded after the Sugar Bowl and I'm not sure that's the best thing from an asset management standpoint with Fields to let him go into his 4th year in a competition if the intent is to trade him. And with Penix as his project draft position shoots up so does the risk with him as a pick given his injury history.

I'm not a Caleb or Fields believer. I'm option C.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I have wanted the Bears for a while to trade down and see if they can snag an additional late 1st/early 2nd to take a flyer on Penix + grab Odunze in top 10, pair up college buddies and let there be a QB competition in camp, but Penix's draft stock has exploded after the Sugar Bowl and I'm not sure that's the best thing from an asset management standpoint with Fields to let him go into his 4th year in a competition if the intent is to trade him. And with Penix as his project draft position shoots up so does the risk with him as a pick given his injury history.

I'm not a Caleb or Fields believer. I'm option C.
Penix is not gonna be a late first or early second round pick
Kiper already moved him into the top 10 prospects......
He has a nice National Championship game he's going top 10 too many teams need QBs

Daps
Penix is not gonna be a late first or early second round pick
Kiper already moved him into the top 10 prospects......
He has a nice National Championship game he's going top 10 too many teams need QBs

That's why I said originally. I thought there was a path to pair Penix + Odunze, but it's gonna cost a shyt load now.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's why I said originally. I thought there was a path to pair Penix + Odunze, but it's gonna cost a shyt load now.
If they want to do that, they trade down slightly (no lower than 5)
And also trade Fields
Take Penix with their highest pick and then come back up slightly if you need to with some of the extra assets you picked up to get Odunze

I would just take Caleb. He will be a good pro