Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Anyone passing on MHJ when they have the chance to get him is fukking stupid. We’re talking a potential Randy Moss/Marvin Harrison of the new generation. Bears cannot pass on him. Whether they keep fields or not

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Wasn't stacked but had more talent than Oregon & Washington and didn't live up to it at all.
Washington got three nfl draft picks at WR Jalen McMillan,Rome Odunze,ja'lynn polk and Oregon got 3 olinemen that will be drafted and a wr troy franklin and rb Bucky Irving that will be drafted usc isn’t more talent than those two teams and I didn’t even mention the talent on defense on both teams Caleb was carrying them on his back for the most part

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
As a bear fan I would be ok with either decision I personally would keep fields and continue to draft well getting blue chip players Ryan poles literally just drafted one bad player in two years in velus jones jr and honestly he’s been playing better lately that’s why I want to trade down and if penix didn’t have two acl injuries and he was still mobile like he was in Indiana. I would trade down and draft him.

Last edited:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
New QB is the ONLY way. The most valuable asset in football is the rookie QB contract. Paying an exceptional QB on a rookie salary allows you to maximize the way that you fill out the rest of your team.

Fields needs a fresh start somewhere else anyway. Would be best for his career to get away from that bum ass coaching staff

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
I'm trading the pick to a team I know drafting Caleb. No lower than 3rd and taking MHJ and an OL

there's always a QB to be found somewhere ..

And TBH Caleb looks frail

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
the bears defense is too good for them to draft another QB to develop when they've never been able to develop a QB in franchise history. I'm guessing we stick with fields for at least another year and reevaluate next spring.

as for the pick, I'm fine with it staying in the top 3 if they can flip it for another pick and can still grab MHJ.

Daps
I'm trading the pick to a team I know drafting Caleb. No lower than 3rd and taking MHJ and an OL

there's always a QB to be found somewhere ..

And TBH Caleb looks frail
And if they can get someone 1st next season for their first this season (Washington)and also pick at say 3 and get MHJ that's a big win for bears

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Things have to go right for him like everybody else, but I 100% think he has that kind of ability. I’ve mentioned my reasons earlier: arm, processing, feel of the game, etc. Meanwhile the public really overblew the weaknesses. There were a few YouTube scouts who broke down the main negatives people say about him and proved how much the criticism was highly off-base.

Dude basically got the Justin Herbert treatment this last year. A lot of shyt went wrong on the OL and defense that he got blamed for and had to carry.

People out there are saying “Do x,y,z for Fields and watch what happens”. I get it. However, I say “Do x,y,z for Caleb and watch what really can happen”.

Caleb was a victim of his own success from 2022 IMO.

Team didn't have success and he was under an intense microscope all year from being the presumptive first pick in the 2024 draft.

His talent is immense and unquestionable

If I were the GM, I'd have a hard time passing on him

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
And if they can get someone 1st next season for their first this season (Washington)and also pick at say 3 and get MHJ that's a big win for bears

That's exactly what I'm assuming they do..
Get at least 2 1st round picks.

Every year there is some can't miss prospect who misses..

Get them skill positions and OL on point and if Fields still shyt.. move on

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
All I know is if the Bears take MHJ first they deserve to be bottom of that division for the next 10 years.

You can legitimately find WRs everywhere in the draft and free agency. The best WR from last years draft was in the 5th round. And this years FA class has Evans, Tee and Ridley. And what does a WR do if the QB play is suspect

The fact that we are in even having this discussion lets you know Fields isn’t the guy. Take Caleb, build around him and move the fukk on.

I'd much rather build a team to where there's no excuse for the QB to fail and if he does, his replacement is walking into a ready-made situation as opposed to, in this case, drafting a rookie QB and expecting him to be Mahomes 2.0 on a team where the current QB leads the team in rushing, and said team has a suspect OL and only one consistent downfield weapon.

We literally saw a similar situation blow up with the New York Jets where it was proven they were more than just a QB away. And in Chicago's case, they have a QB on hand who is already one of the more dynamic playmakers in the league and actually showing flashes of being the guy as a passer while playing some of his best ball right now (even if you considered the bar to be in hell).

The Bears don't have the time it typically takes to restart the building process anyway. Detroit won the division with weeks to spare, the Packers seem to have found their franchise QB going forward (and they've yet to start investing in him from a talent perspective the way other teams have done for their QBs), and Minnesota is probably THE only team that's legitimately just a QB away since their longtime starter popped his Achilles (though they could use an upgrade at RB and at some defensive spots).

Whether they take MHJ or Caleb, they are taking a risk on someone who looks can't miss. As someone who believes your first round pick has to be surefire, I'd rather try my luck on a WR because like you said, you can find those anywhere in case it doesn't work out.

Missing on a QB sets a franchise back years, and if Chicago misses AGAIN on a QB when they already have one with promise on hand... :snoop:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Washington got three nfl draft picks at WR Jalen McMillan,Rome Odunze,ja'lynn polk and Oregon got 3 olinemen that will be drafted and a wr troy franklin and rb Bucky Irving that will be drafted usc isn’t more talent than those two teams and I didn’t even mention the talent on defense on both teams Caleb was carrying them on his back for the most part
I said what I said

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
I said what I said
Breh fukk our rivalry for a second and be realistic usc don’t have WR that’s projected to be a draft pick in the first three rounds or they don’t have a offensive lineman that’s projected to be drafted all three of Washington wide receivers are projected to be drafted in the first 3 rounds and Washington has one of the best o line in the country

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyone passing on MHJ when they have the chance to get him is fukking stupid. We’re talking a potential Randy Moss/Marvin Harrison of the new generation. Bears cannot pass on him. Whether they keep fields or not
This WR class is loaded. MHJ isn't the only dynamic receiver coming out. Bears could take Caleb at 1 and a WR with their own pick and still be good

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Caleb was a victim of his own success from 2022 IMO.

Team didn't have success and he was under an intense microscope all year from being the presumptive first pick in the 2024 draft.

His talent is immense and unquestionable

If I were the GM, I'd have a hard time passing on him
Literally came to a similar conclusion.

What’s crazy is dude made some absolutely insane plays and got basically 1/10th the credit other quarterbacks got for doing some basic shyt.

You take all that away and watch all their tape in a vacuum and it’s clear as day who the exceptional prospect is, going back years. You compare what that guy can do to any prospect the last 10 years and you won’t find many equals.

Put that QB on my team and give them weapons.

Like watch what this dude says about Drake Maye around the 28:00 mark for the breakdown and despite all those good things, still says Caleb is better:

During the Caleb breakdown he points out that Caleb’s making throws that only QB’s like Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Mahomes can make which is why I hope dude don’t get the Herbert treatment. You got to do a talent like this justice.

Last edited: