Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Just like "y'all". We should wait 4 years to judge like the Packers did since you said the Bears need to follow their model.

:mjgrin:
Hey im all for u guys keeping Fields. I was pissed when Jay Cutler left, didnt care much for Mitch, but Fields has filled that void :mjgrin:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yeah I forgot how serious you take this shyt. You act as if you are the reason for any of the failures or success of both franchises depends on you. It's weird.

No it dont depend on me. I feel more confident of my team winning when QBs like Cutler and Fields are playing. You seem fun at parties :mjgrin:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
No it dont depend on me. I feel more confident of my team winning when QBs like Cutler and Fields are playing. You seem fun at parties :mjgrin:

I can be fun at parties but I'm not really into partying. Weird how you obsess over a team that constantly loses to the team you root for.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I can be fun at parties but I'm not really into partying. Weird how you obsess over a team that constantly loses to the team you root for.

Not obsessed at all. In case u didnt know, our teams face eachother this coming Sunday. Just a little FYI :mjgrin:

lib123

All Star
Daps
Caleb has LOTS of issues with his game. If he is a bust. You set the Bears back a decade. If you surround Fields with talent, which trading the number 1 pick will get you, you can win with Fields.

Caleb could be Bryce Young. And all that running Caleb did in college at his size, will NOT work in the NFL. Fields had the better college career. This Bears team has been shyt, and is starting to get better.

Trade the pick. Take Marvin Harrison Jr, and draft well. You will be a much more talented team. Caleb Williams will not turn the Bears round by himself.

Good point. It seems like between Caleb and Drake one will be a star and the other will be a bust.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Not obsessed at all. In case u didnt know, our teams face eachother this coming Sunday. Just a little FYI :mjgrin:
No you're obsessed. I know they're playing and I will watch and root for the Bears. If they win I'll be happy for a while and if they lose it doesn't bother me much. I have no control over the outcome. You on the other hand will follow around Bears fans and quote everyone for days. It's weird.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right, it's nothing in writing that fields is guaranteed a 35+ million dollar contract. He very well could get a 20 to 25 one instead as dictated by his subpar play and I bet he'll gladly take it because no one else would offer more
It won't be a good look if they 1) Decline his fifth year option or 2) Give him a Jordan Love "prove it" deal when you've got a 'can't miss prospect' at QB coming out available. So then if you're Poles, if you try to give him a low ball long term deal (with QBs that would be anything under $30M) do you think Fields is going to take it or trying play on the 4th year deal to get a bigger long term deal in the offseason? (if you believe your a franchise QB, your agent isn't going to have you take that kind of deal)
With that, now you go into the season with the Fields contract situation up in the air.
Jordan Love taking his deal is really an outlier because he was never the starter after three seasons, whereas Fields has been for basically three. Those talks will tell the real story of whether the Bears think he's their future star QB or he's more of just a safe/comfortable option (kind of like Daniel Jones was for the Giants).