Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It won't be a good look if they 1) Decline his fifth year option or 2) Give him a Jordan Love "prove it" deal when you've got a 'can't miss prospect' at QB coming out available. So then if you're Poles, if you try to give him a low ball long term deal (with QBs that would be anything under $30M) do you think Fields is going to take it or trying play on the 4th year deal to get a bigger long term deal in the offseason? (if you believe your a franchise QB, your agent isn't going to have you take that kind of deal)
With that, now you go into the season with the Fields contract situation up in the air.
Jordan Love taking his deal is really an outlier because he was never the starter after three seasons, whereas Fields has been for basically three. Those talks will tell the real story of whether the Bears think he's their future star QB or he's more of just a safe/comfortable option (kind of like Daniel Jones was for the Giants).
You're operating on the assumption that other teams are willing to actually pay that price for Fields. His play hasn't dictated that whatsoever, he and his agent can be offended all they want.

In fact, yes, I was thinking of daniel jones when I was posting that to begin with. And he gonna take it too. :manny:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Cowherd broke it down earlier All the stats ,fields trash(fun to watch tho).only Zach Wilson has a equal qb rating & dude got benched :mjlol: draft homie from usc & trade this bust

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
No you're obsessed. I know they're playing and I will watch and root for the Bears. If they win I'll be happy for a while and if they lose it doesn't bother me much. I have no control over the outcome. You on the other hand will follow around Bears fans and quote everyone for days. It's weird.

:mjgrin:
Days? No. I was tagged by a certain Bears fan last week and the rest was history. Cant control who stays in my alerts. I wasnt following no one around in week 1 after that beat down but ill let u live in fantasy land :mjgrin:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Days? No. I was tagged by a certain Bears fan last week and the rest was history. Cant control who stays in my alerts. I wasnt following no one around in week 1 after that beat down but ill let u live in fantasy land :mjgrin:
You have the most posts in this thread and you're one of the top posters in the Bears threads. You quoted me first in both threads. I usually ignore you when you quote me but I felt like partying and having fun today. You're a little obsessed. It's ok. Do you but don't act like you're not all up in every Bears thread all the time.

:mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're operating on the assumption that other teams are willing to actually pay that price for Fields. His play hasn't dictated that whatsoever, he and his agent can be offended all they want.

In fact, yes, I was thinking of daniel jones when I was posting that to begin with. And he gonna take it too. :manny:
Other teams' contract offers wouldnt play into the equation though until after next offseason, so I don't think he's going to feel his hands are tied behind his back to take whatever deal is offered because he'll be a starter regardless on '24. If the Bears basing their QB decision operating under the premise of whether Fields takes our low ball offer before the draft and if not we'll just draft Caleb that just sounds like bad GM'ing and doesn't even come across that Fields is their franchise QB in their eyes.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Doesn't even make sense why this is a discussion when Jordan love is ascending... Bears go about this wrong they're gonna be in the gutter for another decade

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Other teams' contract offers wouldnt play into the equation though until after next offseason, so I don't think he's going to feel his hands are tied behind his back to take whatever deal is offered because he'll be a starter regardless on '24. If the Bears basing their QB decision operating under the premise of whether Fields takes our low ball offer before the draft and if not we'll just draft Caleb that just sounds like bad GM'ing and doesn't even come across that Fields is their franchise QB in their eyes.
I was referring to after this offseason, not this one

What I'm saying is that just because the Bears keep justin that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to get a contract at the going rate of 35 to 40+ mil when his time is up. He very well may get a Daniel Jones esque deal and still be cheaper than Caleb as a #1 pick QB. And that's why the replies saying "reset the clock" aren't valid arguments as to why or why not they should keep Justin.

Whether or not you keep Justin or draft Caleb is more of a question of if you believe Caleb has enough talent to do it all with minimal help around him, vs making a financial decision. Financially Justin could be the cheaper option both now and later.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All I know is if the Bears take MHJ first they deserve to be bottom of that division for the next 10 years.

You can legitimately find WRs everywhere in the draft and free agency. The best WR from last years draft was in the 5th round. And this years FA class has Evans, Tee and Ridley. And what does a WR do if the QB play is suspect

The fact that we are in even having this discussion lets you know Fields isn’t the guy. Take Caleb, build around him and move the fukk on.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
All I know is if the Bears take MHJ first they deserve to be bottom of that division for the next 10 years.

You can legitimately find WRs everywhere in the draft and free agency. The best WR from last years draft was in the 5th round. And this years FA class has Evans, Tee and Ridley. And what does a WR do if the QB play is suspect

The fact that we are in even having this discussion lets you know Fields isn’t the guy. Take Caleb, build around him and move the fukk on.
Yup.

Weapons exist in every draft. An arm talent who processes creatively and effectively to make something out of nothing doesn’t.

If you got a chance to draft the next QB who can control a game on a Mahomes, Lamar, Josh Allen level you do it because no other player will get you that kind of impact over a game.

Last edited:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup.

Weapons exist in every draft. An arm talent who processes creatively and effectively to make something out of nothing doesn’t.

If you got a chance to draft the next QB who can control a game on a Mahomes, Lamar, Josh Allen level you do it because no other player will get you that kind of impact over a game.

Do you believe Caleb is on those two guys level? I definitely don't. I won't be shocked if Penix has a better NFL career than Caleb. Caleb played on a stacked team, and lost a lot of big games. And he's turnover prone. All that running Caleb did in college won't go on in the NFL. Plus he's smaller than Fields.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Do you believe Caleb is on those two guys level? I definitely don't. I won't be shocked if Penix has a better NFL career than Caleb. Caleb played on a stacked team, and lost a lot of big games. And he's turnover prone. All that running Caleb did in college won't go on in the NFL. Plus he's smaller than Fields.
Things have to go right for him like everybody else, but I 100% think he has that kind of ability. I’ve mentioned my reasons earlier: arm, processing, feel of the game, etc. Meanwhile the public really overblew the weaknesses. There were a few YouTube scouts who broke down the main negatives people say about him and proved how much the criticism was highly off-base.

Dude basically got the Justin Herbert treatment this last year. A lot of shyt went wrong on the OL and defense that he got blamed for and had to carry.

People out there are saying “Do x,y,z for Fields and watch what happens”. I get it. However, I say “Do x,y,z for Caleb and watch what really can happen”.

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Caleb playing on a stacked team is nonsense
Now I know you're just making shyt up

@Silkk you hear that? Apparently USC was stacked this year :heh: