KD led USA team loses to patty mills and 6 unknown auzis

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Outside of the superstar & soft calls I'm not going to throw American players under the bus like that when the roster is put together like it's an all star game. A real floor general would do wonders for this team. A bruising inside force like Zion. A Pat Bev coming off the bench to raise hell for the opposing guards. A Jarrett Allen type off the bench. It's the small "cross the T's dot the I's" shyt with this team. I think they'll adjust to the difference in the way the game is called internationally but I thought whoever is in charge of putting together the USA roster was done with all the one demensional shooters only bullshyt

Could have asked fred van vleet a little bulldog, second in the league in steals, 16th in steals :ehh:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Look at this pathetic shyt

This is what playing the wrong way breeds. The NBA needs to start calling the game straight up cause that shyt not flying internationally

:ohhh:

Wow, I’m actually kinda rooting against USA even placing now it might save the game of basketball

NBA will be forced to fix product if they get exposed overseas

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I agree but who are the floor generals that are available? I can't really think of any. Jrue Holiday should help tho if he's not too worn out...
Not sure if they were down to play, invited, or available but Trae Young, Melo Ball, Malcolm Brogdon, Fred Van Fleet, Mike Conley, etc. Hell even Derrick Rose would've been a nice look for this particular team

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Broussard is absolute correct in his assessment—we teach kids to dribble and shoot nowadays but we don’t teach kids how to actually play basketball and that’s part of the issue with the NBA pipeline. I coach youth basketball and I coach it from an old school perspective…and fukk these kids are AWFUL at anything beyond crossing over into step back threes. I got kids about to enter high school who can’t execute basic shyt like bounce passes. It’s horrible. They just don’t see the game at all. All they wanna do is get their own.
Bro teaching how to read the floor is some of the most mindblowing aggravating shyt of all time

nikkas can spam the fukk out of step backs and side steps but can’t see the floor or move without the ball ..I ain’t even talking about no shyt like Curls,and flares ..just simple ass back doors

Like wtf are these camp nikkas /youth league coaches teaching these lil nikkas

Like bruh you don’t see all this open area you got ,fukk you clapping your hands 35 ft away from the basket for ??
:gucci:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Olympics for Americans have never been about one player getting off but KD might need to say fukk it and just try to do it all. Cause it’s his name that’s gonna take all the blame if they keep getting embarrassed and it doesn’t look like they have any cohesion as a unit.

Yep

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Not sure if they were down to play, invited, or available but Trae Young, Melo Ball, Malcolm Brogdon, Fred Van Fleet, Mike Conley, etc. Hell even Derrick Rose would've been a nice look for this particular team
Trae would be garbage in FIBA

He was unusable on the FIBA junior teams he played for.

He's arguably the worst defender in the history of the league and you get attacked relentlessly on the perimeter in FIBA

Also those bait fouls don't get called in FIBA, and the lanes are clogged from zones so his offensive game would be eliminated. Also a terrible a 3 point shooter

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Comeon fam... :dwillhuh:

giphy.webp

It's not as easy the Le-insertword shyt :mjcry:

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
None of those players (Giannis, Jokic, or Luka) can field a team from their home country and win gold so that’s a moot point.
That wasn’t my point though, that’s why I said we are a generation away from a Europe having strong enough teams to win gold.

I mentioned the best player in the NBA will be a foreigner for the next decade as a sign that things are changing. Other than Hakeem (and that’s because Jordan was retired) there’s never been a period in the NBA when the best player wasn’t American. Now with Luka & Giannis (and potentially Jokic & Embiid), that will no longer be the case.

Back in the 2000’s Dirk was an anomaly but he has inspired this generation, now there’s far more elite foreigners than ever. Logically this will only increase in the next generation.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that these games are even competitve let alone team USA loses is why basketball fukking sucks now and nobody watches the NBA anymore. Only delusional Stanley's try to defend this current weak watered down basketball the NBA plays. shyt aint real ball, hasn't been since Stern retired.
After all the kicking and screaming Bron stans have done to defend this era, the truth is becoming apparent.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Gonna sound crazy but the game needs to go back to having real positions cause position less basketball is leading to players being completely useless without the ball in their hands. You can see the problem even in how the experts evaluate draft prospects. Off ball ability should be valued as much as, if not more than the ability to be the lead guard for a whole game IMO. Too many of our stars don’t know how to effectively play without the ball.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Trae would be garbage in FIBA

He was unusable on the FIBA junior teams he played for.

He's arguably the worst defender in the history of the league and you get attacked relentlessly on the perimeter in FIBA

Also those bait fouls don't get called in FIBA, and the lanes are clogged from zones so his offensive game would be eliminated. Also a terrible a 3 point shooter
That floater can't be eff with but I'm concerned about his health right now. Save It for the season.

Gallinari is playing for Italy