KD led USA team loses to patty mills and 6 unknown auzis

Jeshaman

All Star
Daps
To be honest, the more I think about this the more I think this is a mentality issue with this group. All the Nigerians were brought up in the USA, in the same systems as team USA and they beat Argentina by 23.

If they can adjust to the officiating so can the Americans. There just doesn't seem to be much fight in them as a group, and I don't see how that changes going forward. They just all seem too nice and not hungry enough.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Outside of the superstar & soft calls I'm not going to throw American players under the bus like that when the roster is put together like it's an all star game. A real floor general would do wonders for this team. A bruising inside force like Zion. A Pat Bev coming off the bench to raise hell for the opposing guards. A Jarrett Allen type off the bench. It's the small "cross the T's dot the I's" shyt with this team. I think they'll adjust to the difference in the way the game is called internationally but I thought whoever is in charge of putting together the USA roster was done with all the one demensional shooters only bullshyt
your solution is Pat Bev & Jarrett Allen? lol

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This isn’t all on KD and these players . This is a result of terrible basketball being taught from AAU and the NBA coddling and watering down their game to give the illusion of high skill level with soft foul calls and making defense an afterthought .

These nikkas can’t play D ,these PG’s can’t playmake and these bigs can’t operate from the post . Who gives a fukk about Dame being able to pull up from 30 ..We just saw Nigerians and Australians able to do the same damn thing .

The old heads were right this NBA we watching ain’t really basketball . nikkas want to scream about high skill level because tall nikkas can do fancy dribbles ..Guards can barely make entry passes into the post and back door cuts makes these nikkas heads explode :mjlol:
Every time someone points out the misgivings of the league we have a thousand white knights acting like we are hating. :snoop: They start spewing out rehearsed BS analytics like it’s their job to protect the shield or something. Anyone who watches the nba critically can see how much the basketball has regressed and how embarrassing the reffing has become. Now it’s being shown on the big stand for the whole spiels to see. Things need to change fast in the NBA.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
The last 3 MVP’s weren’t even American. The best player for the next decade will likely not be American (Giannis or Luka). I think we are a generation away from America no longer being a guaranteed gold medal, the fear factor is already gone.

True. The next potential MVPs are Gianni's, Luka, Embiid, jokic.. plus the last few have not been American.

They now playing teams which have multiple NBA players who are not on a leash anymore.

Maybe it's the scheduling coming off of a weird summer last year into a condensed season into not having a break before these games... Intentional games are more physical too and I don't see anyone on that roster being physically dominant.

Also it was interesting seeing the three point line being shorter kinda evened it out as far as shooting.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
your solution is Pat Bev & Jarrett Allen? lol
As far as a couple of disruptors off the bench. Rebounding, rim protection, and defense to go along with all the one on one iso stars that are on the team. Not necessarily them but a couple of those types on this roster is sorely needed. What is Lavine adding to this roster? Outside of the 'white roster spot' what's Kevin Love's role?

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
gobert gonna eat off that "no defensive 3 seconds" rule

I think this is why I'm pro mid range. That's the only place to get easy shots in the free throw line extended areas. When I played guys would just camp out in the middle and the guards would be around the three point line with no man's land in between.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Does players you mentioned would catch that work also
They're specialty players, disruptors, attack dogs.. they wouldn't be the face of the team nor the focal point. It doesn't have to be them per say but this team needs a couple of those role players on the squad

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Broussard is absolute correct in his assessment—we teach kids to dribble and shoot nowadays but we don’t teach kids how to actually play basketball and that’s part of the issue with the NBA pipeline. I coach youth basketball and I coach it from an old school perspective…and fukk these kids are AWFUL at anything beyond crossing over into step back threes. I got kids about to enter high school who can’t execute basic shyt like bounce passes. It’s horrible. They just don’t see the game at all. All they wanna do is get their own.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
KoffthemedalstanD :ehh:

Comeon fam... :dwillhuh:

giphy.webp