Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

Daps
You are absolutely correct. To be clear, anything a man is forced to do against his better judgement is a form of emasculation.

My consideration here is the general feeling in this thread that every black man was emasculated in every film that he wore a dress. That isn't the case. Neither in my mind, is a black man emasculated if he is wearing a dress in a film and clearly playing a role. Now afterwards if I hear he was pressured to do so my viewpoint would change, but for christ sake, Wesley Snipes wore drag. Are coli brehs going to question his masculinity because of it?

We just need to be careful of the broad brush we paint everyone for.

If Chapelle did it in the infancy of his career and then they wanted him to do it again, but he didn't want to do it again, then that doesn't take away his feeling that they were trying to emasculate him.

His body his rules. If I decide right now that I want to put on a dress (God forbid :dame:!), then that's my choice. If somebody tries to make me do it, then I can feel however I want to feel about that.

Obviously there are folks who like doing it, Tyler Perry being the most famous. And there are many who feel they were forced, and those are the people that Chapelle, ole boy from Tropic Thunder, and Katt Williams are talking about.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
i just noticed this 3 hour video got 28 mil views

cot damn i know skip wants to commit that :mjlol:
I think it's Joe Rogan punching air, not Skip. Viewers and even guests have been asking Rogan to interview Katt Williams, and he's been blowing it off. Now Shay grabbing all the mindshare, Rogan went on Twitter saying how much he'd love to have Katt on.
:mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Seeing Kevin and the “plastic cup boys”(who tf are those lame ass nikkas btw) attempt to roast Katt in the nba telecast last night made me realize something. Kevin is basically the black Jimmy Fallon. Nobody really likes him or thinks he’s top 5 comedian but he’s constantly pushed by the powers. I wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s a plant because I saw his rise from roles like 3 strikes, paper solidiers, 40 yr old virgin, etc. But when tf has anyone said damn new Kevin hart special that a must see. Or damn new Kevin hart movie we there opening day? Last night the nikka was giggling at his struggle jokes just like wack ass Fallon too

Yep and I feel the same way about Fallon. He is the least funny of all the late night hosts and then dude be doing that fake laugh :dead:

I don't know how he got the Tonight Show.

They should have brought Conan back.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Side Note: Stephen Jackson been sneakin dissin' Shannon Sharpe over this interview? :wtf: :jbhmm:
Don’t nobody GAF about what he has to say in relation to this phenomenon. Lmao

I’ll give Shannon that- this right here catapulted him into the stratosphere. He’ll be getting some partnerships and deals off the success of this ONE interview. For sure.

Some of the other athletes with similar podcasts/platforms are probably seething.

Truthfully, Stephen Jackson just seems kind of gutter…Shannon isn’t as polished as he needs to be for this space because Katt most certainly did run circles around him, but he’s WAAAAAAY more polished than someone like Stephen Jackson. Grown ass man proud to associate himself with gang culture. Nah ah. No one cares what he thinks.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
415023871_919258446431710_8563921133466308488_n.jpg
Katt’s been building good will for YEARS.
All these stories popping up…

They won’t be taking Katt down. :umad:

Not that he isn’t doing these things out of the goodness of his heart- but this man has been playing chess longer than most realize.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I’m not saying he’s worth Chappelle money, but he’s clearly worth millions (possibly 8 figures) to Netflix due to this buzz. It’s unprecedented, even if most of it is foolery
He said in the interview he just got an 8 figure deal with netflix
Stephen Jackson is a man best ignored because he is pathologically bitter and jealous
Yep. I still remember him recording himself checking in with some teenagers at Oblock and thinking that was cool as a millionair 50 yo ex nba player lol.
Cube confirmed that Ricky Smiley DID audition for Money Mike first
I got a question. Did you actually listen to the interview or did you just hear what you wanted to hear?
Kat never said Ricky didnt audition for the role of Money Mike. He said Ricky never had the part, Cube said after seeing Ricky audition for Mike, they decided he would be a better Santa.

Just like you going so hard trying to prove Kevin Hart did shows on the west coast. Kat never said Kevin never performed on the west coast/hollywood. he said "Kevin never had sold out shows or lines around the corner in Hollywood(Comedy Story/Laugh Factory)". That means Kevin was doing comedy in hollywood/west coast, but he wasnt doing sold out shows to lead a movie and get a ABC tv show that early in his career.

Yes Katt mispoke about Ced performing at the comedy store, you got that. You know what I found more interesting? Guy Tory didnt say anything about the others. Katt mentioned 4 names. Tiffany, Kevin, Ced, and Steve. He said Kevin never had sold out shows there(early in his career). He also said Tiffany, Ced, and Steve never performed there. Guy Tory only made a video defending Ced performing there yet left the other 3 mentioned out of it.