Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I said 25 mil by Monday, but it's almost at 28 mil today. Rofl.

Shannon Sharpe won the year of 2024 in the first week. :wow: :mjlol:

He said there's only 2 interviews in the history of YouTube that did more #s and they both belong to Joe Rogan. #1 is interview with some Navy Pilot about UFOs at 57M and #2 is his interview with Elon Musk at 32M. There's a good chance he's going to catch that Elon Musk interview numbers. :whew:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
He said there's only 2 interviews in the history of YouTube that did more #s and they both belong to Joe Rogan. #1 is interview with some Navy Pilot about UFOs at 57M and #2 is his interview with Elon Musk at 32M. There's a good chance he's going to catch that Elon Musk interview numbers. :whew:
He was off on them numbers.
Joe got 3 ahead of his at 57M, 38M, and 32M(Musk).

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I'm doing a re-watch of this now. I know he talked shyt about Kevin Hart, but I just now caught that he called him a straight up "industry plant" :lupe: :wow: That might be the biggest diss of the whole interview and there were a ton of them.

Hart definitely paid his dues but there was a point where he was in everything and everybody I know said, "he paid dues, but not that many to be in every other movie coming out. And had The Rock co-sign and stamp of approval" :patrice:

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Katt at the AEW Wrestling show tonight

mTIVBGL.jpg

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1). Unless Katt’s numbers on a FREE PLATFORM such as YouTube translate into a MASSIVE amount of people subscribing to Netflix just to watch Katt Williams special then those numbers really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things

2). People forget that Katt has lied about his Netflix success and numbers before. In 2018 he pulled the same stunt on the same radio show that he dissed Wanda Smith on. Dissed Kevin Hart and Tiffanny Haddish which is what caused Kevin to finally respond on the breakfast club which led to Katt apologizing to Tiffanny because he lied on her. I’m sure bis numbers on Netflix are solid and they aren’t going to drop him in favor of Kevin Hart because even though Kev is a cash cow for them he’s not doing Chappelle numbers i’d bet, so no they’re not going to give Katt “Whatever he wants” for his next special

Not really a good comparison. Netflix is all about algorithms and data. They wouldnt invest hundreds of millions of dollars into Kevin if it wasnt paying off.
Getting 30M on youtube, a free platform doesnt mean all of that would transfer to a paid netflex watch. Those interested in an interview may not care for a comedy special. Just like a rapper with a 20M followers only selling 15k albums.

Netflix also doesnt release numbers like that to really compare. This was in 2020.

From 2021

Those are paying members. The Lift movie releasing next week and other projects.
Those are both fair points. We also know that Netflix is in the red. We don’t know if Kevin Hart recoups the money they pay him.

We’re talking about an interview that’ll be at 50 million views (including the clips) in less than a week. Of course they aren’t all unique, but let’s just say 750k of those are people who don’t have Netflix.

If Netflix announces the next Katt special and all those people subscribe for the basic $7, that’s 5.2 million, let alone if they choose to subscribe to the standard $16, forget to cancel the next month (which is a part of their business model akin to late fees being a part of Blockbuster’s), or if they choose to stay subscribed.

I’m not saying he’s worth Chappelle money, but he’s clearly worth millions (possibly 8 figures) to Netflix due to this buzz. It’s unprecedented, even if most of it is foolery :lolbron: