Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

Daps
1). Unless Katt’s numbers on a FREE PLATFORM such as YouTube translate into a MASSIVE amount of people subscribing to Netflix just to watch Katt Williams special then those numbers really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things

2). People forget that Katt has lied about his Netflix success and numbers before. In 2018 he pulled the same stunt on the same radio show that he dissed Wanda Smith on. Dissed Kevin Hart and Tiffanny Haddish which is what caused Kevin to finally respond on the breakfast club which led to Katt apologizing to Tiffanny because he lied on her. I’m sure bis numbers on Netflix are solid and they aren’t going to drop him in favor of Kevin Hart because even though Kev is a cash cow for them he’s not doing Chappelle numbers i’d bet, so no they’re not going to give Katt “Whatever he wants” for his next special

Breh.... please don't do this :pachaha:

We both know that 30 million views in 2 days is getting the eyes of execs everywhere.

They probably got a bidding war happening right now for his next special. And if he's already signed to Netflix, you know they are renegotiating that contract because EVERYBODY is gonna be tuning in to his next special, even you. :pachaha:

This is one of the most watched interviews in all of history. Trust me, this is going to directly equate to $$$$$$$$$$$ for Katt Williams.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
A 3 hour Katt interview is at damn near 30 million in 3 days which is probably better than a Kevin Hart movie release on their platform.
Not really a good comparison. Netflix is all about algorithms and data. They wouldnt invest hundreds of millions of dollars into Kevin if it wasnt paying off.
Getting 30M on youtube, a free platform doesnt mean all of that would transfer to a paid netflex watch. Those interested in an interview may not care for a comedy special. Just like a rapper with a 20M followers only selling 15k albums.

Netflix also doesnt release numbers like that to really compare. This was in 2020.
Kevin Hart‘s latest Netflix comedy special is drawing record viewership for the streaming giant. More than 21 million Netflix members have watched Kevin Hart: Zero F**ks Given since its November 17 premiere, making it the No. 1 comedy special on the streamer this year, according to Netflix.

From 2021
Kevin Hart drama “Fatherhood” hit No.1 on Netflix in 82 countries after releasing June 18, according to the streamer. Netflix also projects that 61 million households will have seen the movie — or some portion of it — within its first four weeks.
Despite the industry gripes over Netflix’s transparency around data, the 61 million number helps illustrate the value of Hart’s overall deal with the streamer in that this project is not a splashy action tentpole — like previous Netflix hits “Extraction” with Chris Hemworth and “The Old Guard” with Charlize Theron.

Those are paying members. The Lift movie releasing next week and other projects.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Breh.... please don't do this :pachaha:

We both know that 30 million views in 2 days is getting the eyes of execs everywhere.

They probably got a bidding war happening right now for his next special. And if he's already signed to Netflix, you know they are renegotiating that contract because EVERYBODY is gonna be tuning in to his next special, even you. :pachaha:

This is one of the most watched interviews in all of history. Trust me, this is going to directly equate to $$$$$$$$$$$ for Katt Williams.
Aint no recontracting the contract plehboi
200w.gif

Daps
Not really a good comparison. Netflix is all about algorithms and data. They wouldnt invest hundreds of millions of dollars into Kevin if it wasnt paying off.
Getting 30M on youtube, a free platform doesnt mean all of that would transfer to a paid netflex watch. Those interested in an interview may not care for a comedy special. Just like a rapper with a 20M followers only selling 15k albums.

Netflix also doesnt release numbers like that to really compare. This was in 2020.

From 2021

Those are paying members. The Lift movie releasing next week and other projects.

Breh I'm willing to bet all my coli cash that the next Katt Williams special is gonna be one of the highest viewed special of all times.

Remember, you heard it here first.

I get what you're saying about the different mediums but im just reading the room.

Katt is controversial now. Everybody is discussing breh. Grandparents, parents, children. Black folks, white folks, Chinese. That interview was talked about on multiple news sites (LEGIT mainstream news sites).

I dont fault you for doubting as we've never seen anything like this before and all you have to go on is data, which you and @Ziggiy are pulling

But as sure as I'm sitting here typing this post to you, I'm telling you that the next Katt Williams special is about to break some records

Im simply reading the tea leaves. I'm going to quote yall when it happens.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Breh I'm willing to bet all my coli cash that the next Katt Williams special is gonna be one of the highest viewed special of all times.
I guess we'll see. :manny:

NightCap - Shannon just said he like the 3rd or 4th most viewed interview ever. Rogan got the top spots.
Checking Rogan's youtube.
1. JRE - Bob Iazar 57M
2. JRE - Snowden 38M
3. JRE - Musk 32M

I think Shannon takes number 2 spot before the month ends. :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I get what you're saying about the different mediums but im just reading the room.

Katt is controversial now. Everybody is discussing breh. Grandparents, parents, children. Black folks, white folks, Chinese. That interview was talked about on multiple news sites (LEGIT mainstream news sites).

I dont fault you for doubting as we've never seen anything like this before and all you have to go on is data, which you and @Ziggiy are pulling

But as sure as I'm sitting here typing this post to you, I'm telling you that the next Katt Williams special is about to break some records

Im simply reading the tea leaves. I'm going to quote yall when it happens.

“All you have to go on is data”

Uhhh YEA thats what data is FOR last time I checked.

The point of the matter is that Kevin isn’t blackballing Katt but its not because Katt all of a sudden is going to become this huge late career stage superstar based off one FREE YouTube interview. Yes Katt got the computers muthafukking PUTING but there’s a REASON why data and analytics are important and also a REASON why the actors and writers went on strike mainly to have transparent access to that data.

I’ll tell you right now what the execs in charge of such things are doing. They’re cross referencing those YouTube views with the uptick or lack thereof in his available Netflix specials, of which there are currently two of them. Then their checking to see in the last 48 hours how many NEW SUBSCRIBERS they’ve gained and if those subscribers are watching Katt Williams specials OR how many are searching Katt Williams name in their search-bar. Katt Williams ain’t going to Netflix talking about l got 30 Million YouTube views now give me $20 Million”. It don’t work like that. The YouTube views might get them to the table but opening their wallets? That ain’t happening unless the viewership of his available specials jumps drastically.

Now i’ll tell what a good sign for #TeamKatt would be. If within 1-2 months his older specials begin popping up on Netflix, that means his numbers jumped significantly and Netflix wants to capitalize on the buzz. THAT would give Katt leverage to negotiate a more lucrative deal.

Daps
I guess we'll see. :manny:

NightCap - Shannon just said he like the 3rd or 4th most viewed interview ever. Rogan got the top spots.
Checking Rogan's youtube.
1. JRE - Bob Iazar 57M
2. JRE - Snowden 38M
3. JRE - Musk 32M

I think Shannon takes number 2 spot before the month ends. :jbhmm:

I agree. This is unprecedented. It's hard to say what type of success Katt (and Shannon) are about to see. But I predict it's going to be astronomical.

Daps
“All you have to go on is data”

Uhhh YEA thats what data is FOR last time I checked.

The point of the matter is that Kevin isn’t blackballing Katt but its not because Katt all of a sudden is going to become this huge late career stage superstar based off one FREE YouTube interview. Yes Katt got the computers muthafukking PUTING but there’s a REASON why data and analytics are important and also a REASON why the actors and writers went on strike mainly to have transparent access to that data.

I’ll tell you right now what the execs in charge of such things are doing. They’re cross referencing those YouTube views with the uptick or lack thereof in his available Netflix specials, of which there are currently two of them. Then their checking to see in the last 48 hours how many NEW SUBSCRIBERS they’ve gained and if those subscribers are watching Katt Williams specials OR how many are searching Katt Williams name in their search-bar. Katt Williams ain’t going to Netflix talking about l got 30 Million YouTube views now give me $20 Million”. It don’t work like that. The YouTube views might get them to the table but opening their wallets? That ain’t happening unless the viewership of his available specials jumps drastically.

Now i’ll tell what a good sign for #TeamKatt would be. If within 1-2 months his older specials begin popping up on Netflix, that means his numbers jumped significantly and Netflix wants to capitalize on the buzz. THAT would give Katt leverage to negotiate a more lucrative deal.

Agreed except for one part. We've seen execs take a chance on less. I think execs are gonna be willing to take a chance on Katt to see where this thing ends up. At the end of the day, Katt is definitely getting them puters putin and whoever airs the next Katt special is gonna have the puters Putin by proxy :pachaha:

Daps
Side Note: Stephen Jackson been sneakin dissin' Shannon Sharpe over this interview? :wtf: :jbhmm:

I can see this. After rewatching the Katt interview and then looking at the Steve Harvey and a couple other interviews, I can see a lot of folks being salty about this. They probably feel that he shouldn't have even aired it. Shannon definitely made some enemies off this one.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Daps
Man, I love the success that Unc is getting. He paid his dues and he's finally seeing it pay off. I know Skip is punching the air and wishes he would have kept Shannon.

Can you imagine Undisputed ratings the day after this interview?

Skip effed up. Nobody is even talking about him anymore. Shannon got the juice.