Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That nikka Ye announced the shyt and Nas had to commit. But he didn’t give Nas no beats or nothing until days before release. How tf is that Nas’ fault? Lol
If this was Jay instead of Nas, do you really think Jay would have allowed this fiasco for his album?

And I'm a nas fan.

I think part of the reason nas is going so hard with Hitboy is because he is still pissed off at the Nasir project.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I thought Nasir was dope when it came out and I played it all the time. It's not Nas' best work, but considering the circumstances behind it, the fact that songs like "Adam and Eve" and "Everything" still came out of it is a miracle to me. Maybe I would feel differently if I had to wait six years for it.

With that being said, Kanye in 2018 was clearly in no position to handle the GOAT's comeback album. He treated it like a high school essay that you were assigned weeks ago, kept telling yourself you were going to do, and only started working on the night before it was due. You somehow got the essay finished before English class, but it's obvious you lost steam halfway through and filled up the rest of it with nonsense to reach the page count.

It never made sense how Kanye could do that, seeing as how Nas is his favorite rapper and he promised Obama that he would make this happen, like it was his lifelong dream to do it. And at that time, Nas wasn't known for cranking out music fast. He has to sit on it, revise it, and refine it. Mix that process with Kanye's, and it's like putting oil on chocolate cake.

As for The Lost Tapes II, it seems like a Michael Jackson situation where Nas had enough of Def Jam and just put the album together so he could wash their hands of them. There are plenty of great songs on there, so I'm surprised it was done just so Def Jam could go away.

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
If this was Jay instead of Nas, do you really think Jay would have allowed this fiasco for his album?

And I'm a nas fan.

I think part of the reason nas is going so hard with Hitboy is because he is still pissed off at the Nasir project.
My expectations were sky high bruh.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Bro you're nas 20 plus years in the game and you let a nikka handle you like that. Is he not accountable at all what are we doing here.

This is completely ignoring that albums need care and time to create even when you're the GOAT like Nas or a past hitmaker like Kanye. shyt you still gotta put that work in even if you're fukkin MJ, Prince or Marvin Gaye. Kanye really just went "He's Nas, I'm Kanye, that's enough to make it happen" which is a great start but you can't be sending Nas beats a few days before the release, especially with the anticipation fans had of those two titans coming together on a project. This is all further proven in how all of Kanye's releases since have been done, working on the albums in stadiums right before the release date and all that other wacky diva shyt he does. This is why I'm happy Nas has connected with HB, they are obviously putting effort into their craft and its showing unlike Kanye's last couple albums.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

And I'm a nas fan.

Jay released a whole double album against his better judgement. Im pretty sure Jay never had to deal with something like that shyt Kanye pulled l. I don’t think many artists have. Nas has never had any release issues his entire career.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Ain’t nobody said that shyt.
Nasir is a classic. fukk who ever wants him to rap about killing other blacks or glorifying drugs. Sickening.

i cant believe nasir and kanye blessed us with this classic :blessed:

Escobar season is here :ahh:

Lost tapes can 2 is a classic man.

Lost Tapes 2 has really grown on me. I feel if you take a couple tracks off that it could be considered classic with time