ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
For the most part I agree with you but not here, Nas didn't have to commit to shyt. He's not some rookie emcee. this is Nas. He coulda straight up said this was some bullshyt.

My man recording out the back of a Yugo? :wtf:

Nah son

It's kinda around the same time when Kanye's mental health problems only really started to emerge...we had an idea but it was really 2018 that he started going off the deep end. This is around the same time as the TMZ meltdown. So beforehand Nas probably went yeah it's Kanye of course I gotta work with him. They had already done some great songs, Poppa Was a Playa, We Major and two of the best songs on HHID so he probably thought it was a slam dunk. But then he goes up to Wyoming and Kanye is half-assing the whole thing and acting crazy. I doubt when Nas agreed to do the album he thought just a couple months later the producer he just made an album with would be sucking Trump's dikk in the oval office.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Album wasn’t mixed. Remember that’s why it was delayed a whole day. Because apparently it was still being mixed.

Right I get that, but they still played the album at the listening party the night when it was originally supposed to drop. It felt a little unmixed in parts so I knew it wasnt dropping midnight but the idea that they were making the song in the car on the way to premiere it is wild lol

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'm convinced nas and hit boy talk shyt about kanye being on bullshyt while working on all these albums. I mean how could they not? hit boy worked for kanye for years.

Interestingly enough in that same twitter space convo (I checked in on it here and there Saturday on my phone, it went on for like a few hours) the source from Nas camp even said Nas tried to help Hit get out of his deal or alert the people he knew at Universal to look into it.

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
It’s not his fault because Ye announced the damn album and he had to commit to it. Ye fukked up the whole entire rollout. Like I said. That rollout was so fukked up Teyana Taylor quit music cause of it. Ye is a piece of shyt.
Man I know how you feel about nas. It's kanye fault as well but ultimately yeah.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I hate that this all is coming out at this time because it seems a little convenient; Kanye's down so it's easy to throw shots at him, especially when it's not coming from Nas himself. I don't think he himself wanted this shyt to come out, but here we are.
This has been floating around for atleast 2 years brodie. Lol

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: at :ahh: giving defjam the :trash: for the lost tapes 2 to get out the deal. why did nas even do a video for that album if that's how he feels?

If Def Jam gave him a budget, why not shoot videos?

Lost Tapes 2 was meant to end his contract with Def Jam back before Life Is Good dropped, but Def Jam wasn't on board.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I can see it - album was :ld: to me outside of 'Bonjour' and 'Adam and Eve'.

Beats had big "Yo - Madlib - can I copy your homework? I'll change it just enough that I won't get caught" vibes to them too :ehh:
Yeah, the two best songs on there were sharked from the Madlib sessions (Bonjour, whose sample was later used on Ed-Ucation on Bandana) and a fan-helmed Nas remix project...the latter of which he bit the album cover from, too.