nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
A lot of these stories are old. The promoted gimmick behind Nasir was that it was recorded within a few days...they ran with that for a while.

Who said either were 5 mics? Lost Tapes 2 were vault throwaways. And everyone bashed Nasir.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol don’t understand how an artist of his caliber allowed that trash to come out

Such an awful album

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not sure if he was recording in a car on the way to the listening party lol

How were they able to mix it and play it at the session like an hour later?

I remember he came in on camo hummer tank too, so like him and Ye were in their with a macbook and podcast mic spitting? :pachaha:

This album deserves one of those old xxl “making of” articles for all the wrong reasons lol

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I believe this post and I honestly don't blame Nas for how that album turned out.

But this thread got some of the biggest cap I've ever seen on this website. When that joint dropped, yall were doing your best Adriana Chechik impression for that bullshyt. :scust:
I wasn't. And I still don't get why ppl go to bat for it...it clearly wasn't Nas' fault. That entire shyt had him getting clowned. All the "does Nas know how to use the internet" memes and shyt...it was a dark time. But the blame is on Kanye and Mike Dean.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I liked the Nasir album :yeshrug:
Not his best, but like someone said, if you only doing 7 songs, you gotta hit on all 7. I think it was more 4 or 5 outta 7 for me. I didn’t like the hook on Not for Radio, and White Label was bland. Cops Shot the Kid could’ve been better too. The rest was fire.

I been telling nikkas on here that The Lost Tapes 2 was 90% throwaways. That's why it was such a letdown. Lost Tapes 1 was B-sides and I Am Leaks, while Lost Tapes 2 was stuff that didn't see the light of day for good reason.
Lost Tapes 2 was dope :mjtf:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hilarious thread

That’s why Nas said he’ll never work with folks again on drink champs lol

Nasir was good to me though. Lol I’m a Joe Budden fan so I’m used to bad mixes
:laff:
How accurate the bolded is.
The whole slaughterhouse camp whom I respect a lot is guilty of them dollar store mixes.

On topic:
Kanye has really lost his shyt.
Like......for real....

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mannnn, the Nas fanbase on here (which I am a loyal part of!!!) threw me on a spit for saying LT2 and Nasir was weak...especially in comparison to the rest of his discography. Now come to find out Nas knew them shyts was weak too but had to do what he had to do, lol. Kanye is wild man, :laugh:...

Kanye is one of them brilliant, genius type dudes who are extraordinary at what they're great at but outside of that seem lowkey on the spectrum or sumn, dead ass. Creating/Designing things is his bag...he's super duper right brained. The left tho? Yeah, that's off.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is EXACTLY what she said on Twitter spaces except some stuff is worded kinda wrong.

-She didn’t say Kanye prioritized Pusha over Nas. She said that Pusha’s album had the most time put into it because they’d already been working on it PRIOR to the Wyoming sessions. Pusha’s album was pretty much already done. Kanye basically put himself in a corner by announcing release dates before everybody else’s albums had even been started. So he had no beats to send Nas because he was furiously working on the other projects

-All the stuff posted about Nas being mad with Kanye and Kanye saying to Nas “You’re the GOAT! This is light work for you.” Is true. Nas recording in a makeshift studio in the back of a car after the Nasir QB listening event is true. Kanye not sending Nas beats until 4 days before release is true.

-Nas didn’t owe Def Jam another album because Nasir was a “fiasco” sales wise. It was the opposite. She said that Nasir actually sold pretty well and Def Jam wanted another album from Nas and wouldn’t let him use unreleased DJ material for Lost Tapes unless he released it through them so they cobbled together Lost Tapes 2. It wasn’t the “worst” cuts but there are more, better songs including big features that Nas plans to release at a later time.

-She said “Nas Album Done” was shelved long before Nasir was a thing. I asked her that DIRECTLY. She said Nas tends to change his mind often and music that he works on that he’s feeling one month might not be the vibe he’s on even a week or two later.
A stan battle royal between you @kingofnyc & a few others would be epic

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:mjlol: at :ahh: giving defjam the :trash: for the lost tapes 2 to get out the deal. why did nas even do a video for that album if that's how he feels?

Thats probably why he shot a video. To make it seem like a proper album and get out of the deal

Remember back in 2010 when Nas wrote that letter to Universal/Def Jam wanting to release Lost Tapes 2? Part of it was they felt a compilation of unrelease tracks dont count as an album, the first Lost tapes didnt have no videos and was a compilation. Reading the details, they counted it as an album hence releasing a single week before and couple of videos

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
rumor has it Nas was recording this on the toilet taking a dump cuz he was texted that he needed to drop an album within the hour

:troll:

The GOAT literally SH*TTED an album out within the next hour