Kamala Harris to Democrats: Stop talking about race/identity and focus on offering better policies to Americans

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Two recent articles make it clear how Kamala's campaign is operating

Kamala Harris doesn’t talk often about her Black and South Asian American identity. She’s not talking to Latino voters about theirs either.

It’s a major shift in how Democrats are targeting Latino voters this cycle — and a rebuke of the belief long held by many Democrats that overt appeals on race and progressive policies on immigration are key to winning Latino votes.

But after Democrats hemorrhaged support from Latinos over the last decade, Harris is attempting to chart a path away from identity politics, including in the way she’s courting Latino voters in states like Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania.

“The Harris campaign understands what we’ve been saying about Latinos for a long time, which is that we’re not a monolith,” said Matt Tuerk, the first Latino mayor of Allentown, Pennsylvania, a predominantly Latino community that was a recent stop on the campaign’s bus tour highlighting abortion rights. “We’re all Americans, too. We have a lot of the same basic values that every American has.”

“I think it’s very important to not operate from the assumption that Black men are in anybody’s pocket. Black men are like any other voting group,” Harris said in an interview hosted by the National Association of Black Journalists in Philadelphia on Tuesday.

It's been very clear that she's completely avoiding getting any freebies for race or focusing on race or targeting based on race. Instead she's hearing the needs of everyone and doing her best to propose policies that will help everyone, but especially the middle class.

Ironically her winning would be the best possible outcome for team BothSides and team NoVote. She is flat out, explicitly saying and signaling that she wants to actually earn and work for your votes. A Kamala Harris win could shape how future democrats appeal to us in the future.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obama had to do it in 2008 because he was the first black president

To think as the potential first black female president, she can skirt her race OR gender, is fukking retarded.

She literally had to pick a white guy as her VP...BECAUSE of her race and gender.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Her losing would be on par with Gore losing in 2000.

That shyt still hurts breh :mjcry: . Gore imo was probably the last true Democrat that lived by the rep. Dude would have had us in the 21st century in 2000, but the devil is always into details and gave us a dikk and a bush to fukk us over and trump our chances of growth.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Obama had to do it in 2008 because he was the first black president

To think as the potential first black female president, she can skirt her race OR gender, is fukking retarded.

She literally had to pick a white guy as her VP...BECAUSE of her race and gender.
She's not skirting her race or gender, she's just not making it the central theme of her campaign.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This what happens when all of our political parties take the same donations from the same people.
I don't know who's responsible for DNC outreach campaigns this Election. But every other text or email from them is begging for money. I'm like DAMN didn't she set a record for campaign contributions? Yet she still needs more money?
:stopitslime:
At least sprinkle in one or two messages about the issues. Instead of just asking for volunteers or money.

Trump Vs. Harris Fundraising Race: Harris Outraises Trump By Nearly $150 Million In August​