Votes: 193 58.3%
  • Whoa

Votes: 138 41.7%

• Total voters

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
full

The stats show Whoa was a bigger song than Ha. Yes or no?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
1.I'm not denying the importance of sales at all,I really dont believe ha was a single (for sale). Why do i believe that,because around that time they (cash money) hardly ever sold singles. This was a strategy some used to force you to buy the album instead. Or some would sale the single for a limited time and then pull it. But you're a young seal/welven the great looking mf'er so you might not remember this
23dcc890e5fa817aaa98f67189b92f5b.png

2.how could a song that wasnt for sale be judged by it's sales,IT CANT BE. Also according to RIAA. Woah doesnt have any certifications either. It's the album that went plat and 400 degreez went 4 x's plat
3.Ha did launch juvey to stardom. It was a huge hit and a song that the masses had never heard anything like it before. I still remember calling boy right after i saw the video. I still believe ha was bigger. Waaaaaay bigger,i'm reaching a lil. I'm cool admitting that.
4.Air play based Charts are cool but sales was always my main talking point. The only sales evidence available is for their albums in which juvey sold 4 x's as much
5.I'm not down playing how much i value sales,at all
6.I dont believe woah was the bigger song at all.
The stats show Whoa was a bigger song than Ha. Yes or no?
The stats show it's peak position at radio was higher

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
1.I'm not denying the importance of sales at all,I really dont believe ha was a single (for sale). Why do i believe that,because around that time they (cash money) hardly ever sold singles. This was a strategy some used to force you to buy the album instead. Or some would sale the single for a limited time and then pull it. But you're a young seal/welven the great looking mf'er so you might not remember this
23dcc890e5fa817aaa98f67189b92f5b.png

2.how could a song that wasnt for sale be judged by it's sales,IT CANT BE. Also according to RIAA. Woah doesnt have any certifications either. It's the album that went plat and 400 degreez went 4 x's plat
3.Ha did launch juvey to stardom. It was a huge hit and a song that the masses had never heard anything like it before. I still remember calling boy right after i saw the video. I still believe ha was bigger. Waaaaaay bigger,i'm reaching a lil. I'm cool admitting that.
4.Air play based Charts are cool but sales was always my main talking point. The only sales evidence available is for their albums in which juvey sold 4 x's as much
5.I'm not down playing how much i value sales,at all
6.I dont believe woah was the bigger song at all.
The stats show it's peak position at radio was higher
Let's try this again. If it wasn't obvious already, all I need is a yes or a no. You can also go mute because you're a cornball like that.
Again: The stats show Whoa was a bigger song than Ha. Yes or no?
No,they show that it's peak position at radio was higher.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
When Whoa dropped cats in Houston pretty much jacked it and made our own version and jammed to this shyt .

I remember when 400 Degreez dropped originally at the end of the summer in 98 it didn't have a video and didnt get any promotion. The tracklisting was even different (no Flossin Season, Follow Me Now, or Ha remixes). It wasn't until that Universal deal they rolled out that BigTymers-How U Luv That Vol.2 re-release with Big Ballin as the lead single

They re-released 400 Degreez and added songs after the video for Ha blew up (everybody remembers that awful Jay Z verse).

man holup :ohlawd:

i tried to be like ESG and let my body defrost :ehh:
so i took my chain off, now i cant find it, its lost :mjcry:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
old thread but please explain this...

In a nutshell, this:

Woah was actually a wanna-be "ha"

After "Ha" hit, a few folks tried to do that where they put a little somethin' on the end of the bar:

"Whoa"
"Mann"
"Boy"
"My Friend"

that's essentially a Juvie trademark - with that, "U Understand", "U Dig", "She Get It From Her Mama"

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
In a nutshell, this:

After "Ha" hit, a few folks tried to do that where they put a little somethin' on the end of the bar:

"Whoa"
"Mann"
"Boy"
"My Friend"

that's essentially a Juvie trademark - with that, "U Understand", "U Dig", "She Get It From Her Mama"

hmmm I thought DMX did it first in ruff riders anthem with "WHAT" :jbhmm:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
nikka please

you mus be from new Orleans lol. listen to the song.. since people wanna call out black rob for 2 songs that dont even have similarities... the what at the end of every bar in ruff riders anthem is clser to ha than whoa... and rr anthem was first... so juve bit X

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
you mus be from new Orleans lol. listen to the song.. since people wanna call out black rob for 2 songs that dont even have similarities... the what at the end of every bar in ruff riders anthem is clser to ha than whoa... and rr anthem was first... so juve bit X
Wrong RR anthem is nothing like woah or ha. Shut your dumb ass up nikka

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Ha and it's not even close.

Whoa was just a rip off off of ha and it didn't carry the same culture shock /breaking down doors weight that ha did.

Ha put people onto an entirely new sound and culture in the mainstream and launched one of the most successful hop hop labels of all time at the same time.