Juvenile "Ha" vs Black Rock "Whoa"

Juvenile "Ha" vs Black Rock "Whoa"

• Ha

Votes: 193 58.3%
  • Whoa

Votes: 138 41.7%

• Total voters
Daps
who cares,ask a better question next time.
Point is this:
You cited this poll as a way to downplay coli N.Y. bias.
But it actually shows the opposite because in the real world ha was waaaaaay bigger than Woah, than this poll would reflect

Black Rob went platinum in 2000. Other posters already mentioned Whoa performed better than Ha on the Hot 100 back then. Juvey went quadruple but it damn sure wasn't off the strength of Ha which didn't even go gold according to Billboard. Rob went platinum and we all know the one single off that album that got national play. Doesn't take a genius homie
:lolbron:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Black Rob went platinum in 2000. Other posters already mentioned Whoa performed better than Ha on the Hot 100 back then. Juvey went quadruple but it damn sure wasn't off the strength of Ha which didn't even go gold according to Billboard. Rob went platinum and we all know the one single off that album that got national play. Doesn't take a genius homie

Yeah but it's about bossup's shtick. No matter how wrong he is, he's gotta live by it :wow:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Whoa. I like Ha but once you get past the beat and hook, it's an average song. Even the remix with Hov is trash. Whoa is better lyrically and has a better remix.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
You make some good points.
As far as ha, not going gold,i'm not sure it was for sale at all. I don't think it was.
But had Rob had another Woah and another moderate hit to rival BACK THAT ASS UP and FOLLOW ME NOW,he'd probably reached triple at least.
So although I believe ha is the bigger more iconic song,THIS IS a worthy conversation.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
You make some good points.
As far as ha, not going gold,i'm not sure it was for sale at all. I don't think it was.

Oh word? :laff:

I love it! Already got the fairytales ready :mjlol:

But had Rob had another Woah and another moderate hit to rival BACK THAT ASS UP and FOLLOW ME NOW,he'd probably reached triple at least.
So although I believe ha is the bigger more iconic song,THIS IS a worthy conversation.

Stop it! You don't believe that. That has never been your position. Your position is sales = iconic. So if a rapper sells more, that means more people were fukking with him and he's a better artist. If a song sells more than another, then more people were fukking with that song over another and that song is the better song.

You came in here saying that Ha launched Juvie into stardom, dapped a moron who said Whoa didn't resonate with the people like Ha did, and hilariously said that 'in the real world, Ha was waaaaaaaay bigger than Whoa'. Come to find out that Ha didn't chart as well as Whoa. FACTS. You're a Billboard whore - that should be the end of the convo for you. Whoa, ironically, was a bigger record everywhere. And if you don't think so, why don't you ask Ice Cube (West Coast) and Big Moe (South)?

So let's hear you say that Whoa was the bigger song. Go ahead, breh. Time to live your truth. But if you must deflect or go mute:salute:

Last edited:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Oh word? :laff:

I love it! Already got the fairytales ready :mjlol:

1.Stop it! You don't believe that. That has never been your position. Your position is sales = iconic. So if a rapper sells more, that means more people were fukking with him and he's a better artist. 2.If a song sells more than another, then more people were fukking with that song over another and that song is the better song.

3.You came in here saying that Ha launched Juvie into stardom, dapped a moron who said Whoa didn't resonate with the people like Ha did, and hilariously said that 'in the real world, Ha was waaaaaaaay bigger than Whoa'.4. Come to find out that Ha didn't chart as well as Whoa. FACTS.5. You're a Billboard whore - that should be the end of the convo for you. Whoa, ironically, was a bigger record everywhere. And if you don't think so, why don't you ask Ice Cube (West Coast) and Big Moe (South)?

6.So let's hear you say that Whoa was the bigger song. Go ahead, breh. Time to live your truth. But if you must deflect or go mute:salute:
1.I'm not denying the importance of sales at all,I really dont believe ha was a single (for sale). Why do i believe that,because around that time they (cash money) hardly ever sold singles. This was a strategy some used to force you to buy the album instead. Or some would sale the single for a limited time and then pull it. But you're a young seal/welven the great looking mf'er so you might not remember this
23dcc890e5fa817aaa98f67189b92f5b.png

2.how could a song that wasnt for sale be judged by it's sales,IT CANT BE. Also according to RIAA. Woah doesnt have any certifications either. It's the album that went plat and 400 degreez went 4 x's plat
3.Ha did launch juvey to stardom. It was a huge hit and a song that the masses had never heard anything like it before. I still remember calling my boy right after i saw the video. I still believe ha was bigger. Waaaaaay bigger,i'm reaching a lil. I'm cool admitting that.
4.Air play based Charts are cool but sales was always my main talking point. The only sales evidence available is for their albums in which juvey sold 4 x's as much
5.I'm not down playing how much i value sales,at all
6.I dont believe woah was the bigger song at all.

Last edited: