Justified season 4 starting Jan 8, most slept on show in the coli

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
Boyd was co-lead as soon they added Shane Vandrell to the cast. He def stole every scene he was in this season.

But yeah, I stand by what I said. Something was off about the end of the season. As soon as they caught Shelby/Drew everything just switched up

I completely disagree...I actually thought the show finally started finding its stride again late season

that whole "who is drew thompson" shyt i did not care about at all...it was clear who it was really quickly and they never gave us any other real options...the search was boring

but the last few episodes have been typical Justified...set the pieces up and knock them down

this finale was fantastic to me...it showed the parallels of the show's two best characters very well...showed that Boyd and Raylan are tragic characters

that ending was extremely impactful to me

and I thought the scene with Ava getting taken off...while it's been foreshadowed for many episodes...was just painful and fantastic...the primal scream from Boyd captured that pain...the ending where he got his professional hope but lost the love of his life was well executed tragedy

to each his own...but I thought the last four episodes were about as good as Justified's ever been where as I was worried early on that the show was a tad weaker than years past (although seasons 2 and 3 were so damn good it's hard to keep up that quality forever...not even The Wire was consistently phenomenal through every season)

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thinking boyd tools up with a new crew in season 5 with that dixie mafia/Detroit mob money coming in

wtf happened to johnny :dwillhuh:

just watched some season 2 finale clips outta nostalgia. damn that season was pure piff :blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
ihlOQ1Kc9fIeE.gif

iLNj9dLO9u0cq.gif

I had to rewind this a few times.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why the hell did Ava want to dump the body alone? That was dumb as hell in the 1st place.

At first I was like :wtf: when she did that, but then I read the weekly interview with Graham Yost and he raised a good point.

The only reason she's in this mess to begin with is her and Elle May tried to commit a crime. At the time, Elle May was reliable. So why involved another person in relocating the body? Jimmy might have a reason to turn on them in the future. If only she knows where the body is, nobody can snitch.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the ep I thought it was cool....good even....but this season was just unevenly paced. You ever hear an album, and every song is good, but it feels off because of the order of tracks? That's how this season was. Like it would be a lot better if they rearranged a few eps/story arcs.

I didn't mind the search for Drew Thompson. But they ended it way too early, if that was supposed to be the main focus this season. Augustine should've threatened Raylan's fam 2-3 eps ago as a last minute attempt to get Drew back....then died the same way....then the last couple eps should've been getting Drew out of Harlan. Augustine was ok but he was never built up as a real threat like Mags or Quarles. Or even Limehouse. The finale focusing on him was kinda :ld:

I dunno. It would've flowed a lot better IMO if they did that earlier. :yeshrug:

Another thing, they had all kinds of shyt going on this season to make up for no "bad guy". The church subplot, the boxer subplot, the search for Drew, etc. I can't really knock the show because they tried something different in season 4, hardly anyone does that. Was still a good season, and I'm eager to see season 5 in January.

Here's the interview with Graham Yost:

'Justified' season finale postmortem with EP Graham Yost | Inside TV | EW.com

Fred.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
:to:

Definitely the GOAT version of the song.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9p534Q5hhw[/ame]

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
Another thing, they had all kinds of shyt going on this season to make up for no "bad guy". The church subplot, the boxer subplot, the search for Drew, etc. I can't really knock the show because they tried something different in season 4, hardly anyone does that. Was still a good season, and I'm eager to see season 5 in January.

Fred.

Great show. My fav season is probably the third but they're all good. The subplot thing knocks down this last season a bit which they also had on the first season which felt "episodic" the first couple of episodes, which I can understand though considering it was the first season.

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as the ep I thought it was cool....good even....but this season was just unevenly paced. You ever hear an album, and every song is good, but it feels off because of the order of tracks? That's how this season was. Like it would be a lot better if they rearranged a few eps/story arcs.

I didn't mind the search for Drew Thompson. But they ended it way too early, if that was supposed to be the main focus this season. Augustine should've threatened Raylan's fam 2-3 eps ago as a last minute attempt to get Drew back....then died the same way....then the last couple eps should've been getting Drew out of Harlan. Augustine was ok but he was never built up as a real threat like Mags or Quarles. Or even Limehouse. The finale focusing on him was kinda :ld:

I dunno. It would've flowed a lot better IMO if they did that earlier. :yeshrug:

Here's the interview with Graham Yost:

'Justified' season finale postmortem with EP Graham Yost | Inside TV | EW.com

Fred.

pretty much co-sign

i give them credit for trying something new though

still had a lot of :blessed:moments/episodes

arlo staying a g till the end
raylan and that beanbag gun
that nevada chick
dude taping a wwe-promo calling out raylan
boyd's outlaw speech
anytime raylan buss his guns