Justified season 4 starting Jan 8, most slept on show in the coli

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I don't really like reading fiction books that much but I'm interested in checking one of these out. For those of you that have read the books, is there one that you would recommend I start with?

Anyone have an answer for this?

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Just caught up with the season this weekend. Am I the only one who feels like the show got real weird and stopped making sense like 4 episodes ago?

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Judging by the overall tone in this thread I would say yes, more than likely you are the only one. :yeshrug:
Theres a couple folks asking questions about the plot holes and trying to figure out exactly what was going on between Augustine and Boyd in the last ep.

But I wouldn't expect everyone to notice the shift that that I noticed. I watched all of Season 3 and Season 4 in the last month and the writing had been damn near perfect up until the last 4 episodes when it started looking and sounding like Sons of Anarachy.

Random things I've noticed:
- A lot of ya'll liked it but that "Hold on Drew Thompson is a bad ass" little speech was totally out of character for Art Mullen IMO. It was kinda funny tho...unlike that Julia Roberts conversation they had in the last episode.

-That Mike O'Malley dikk scene I didn't like. I get it, he's an a$$hole from Detroit and he's shytting on the rednecks...but so was Quarles and all of his dialogue was great. The writers are better than that just my opinion

-Augustine telling Eva that Johnny was working for Tonin/Wynn Dixie...I'm not even sure how or why he did that. Maybe somebody can clarify that interaction for me....

- Nicky Kush is a GTA: San Andreas charachter at best. A pothead conspiracy theoriest :childplease:

-The Yolo/Yoda/Yoohoo lines and Patton Oswalts Drew-mama shyt. I don't think the show ever had blatant running gags like that before. Not funny.

-Limehouse saying Rachel is "working for the man" and implying shes an uncle tom and Eva flatout saying "Limehouse doesn't like white people"...they dealt with the racial dynamic in Harlen/Knobles Holler in Season 4 very subtly but it was genius. Limehouse is/was a great character but last episode in like 5 minutes of screen time they turned Limehouse into a crazy black fool that hates white people and can't be trusted...

-Rachel talking about her panties. Not sure what the point is...

- Patton Oswalt shooting machine guns while those 2 dudes crouch behind a wooden rail...trash scene

- How many times have they gone back to that church tent? The guys dead. His sister in useless character but they need it for the Ellie May plot. Wack scenes

- Boyd and Johnny cutting infinite deals with Theo Tonin and Wynn Duffy...too much going on at once.

Its a great show but its just weird that it would go from A+ to B right at the end of the season. Shows will usually start slow and finish strong. They caught Drew Thompson so the major plot is wrapped up. But he won't testify unless they protect Ellen May and now Tonin is about to threaten Raylen's ex-wife...looks like theyre reaching for drama. Like they expected to do less episodes and now they have to stretch it out...

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn this thread is dead

solid finale... not great

:whew:at that shootout at raylan's house

:sadcam: at ava's dumbazz getting locked up

anyone else think boyd is a co-lead at this point, he stole this episode imo

season 2 >>> 3 >>> 4 >>> 1

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Boyd was co-lead as soon they added Shane Vandrell to the cast. He def stole every scene he was in this season.

But yeah, I stand by what I said. Something was off about the end of the season. As soon as they caught Shelby/Drew everything just switched up

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boyd was co-lead as soon they added Shane Vandrell to the cast. He def stole every scene he was in this season.

But yeah, I stand by what I said. Something was off about the end of the season. As soon as they caught Shelby/Drew everything just switched up

yep, I'd give the season a B+

its the first time they tried to do a season long mystery, def some missteps but still a top tier show