Justice League/Justice League Unlimited Appreciation Thread

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Nah breh Green Lantern actually threw Hawkgirl in the bushes and was fully commited to Vixen. In the JLU comic book John Stewart was going to ask Vixen to marry him, leaving Shayera like THIS

But on the night he proposed THIS happened

So he sought revenge and killed her murderer, which lead to him being expelled from the Lantern Corp. He THEN got back with Shayera and they got married and conceived their Son in Africa

John Stewart only went back and married Shayera AFTER Vixen was killed.
:wow::mjcry:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
One of the best super hero animated series of all time. I didn't watch it during its original run because at the time I was on some stupid "I'm too old for comic books and cartoons." In 2006 I was flipping channels and saw a rerun of it and was like :damn:. Never could get into it because Cartoon Network kept fukking around with the timeslot. Now I'm watching it from the beginning on Netflix.:ahh:

I like Zack Sydner but I think WB needs to get some of the DC animated crew to work on the films.

Last edited:
Daps
It's a top five superhero animated series.

I even had the first season of the justice league on vhs.

I liked how they finally put the batman beyond series to rest in one of those episodes. That always bothered me that batman beyond was cancelled.:martin:

I can't remember how long justice league unlimited lasted. It never seemed like it lasted long to me. I do remember that superman vs Mr.Marvel episode tho.

DC is definitely king when it comes to their animated projects.:smugfavre:

Daps
I know Bruce Timm is doing some DC animated work but I wish they'd revisit the JLU universe with a series of animated movies.

Not going to happen. Cartoon Network never liked even though it was its most popular show. It almost wasn't renewed after season 2. Hence, the switch to JLU from JL. McDuffie is dead (he was the real talent behind the story arcs). At least it looks like the other brother behind the curtain, James Tucker, is getting steady work based on IMDB.

If you're a fan-fic reader, there's the R-Verse continuing John & Shayera story.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is that Fatal 5 movie in continuity with the JLU? If so, that leaves a real possibility for the Near Apocalypse of 09 story in the future

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Is that Fatal 5 movie in continuity with the JLU? If so, that leaves a real possibility for the Near Apocalypse of 09 story in the future

I really Hope that the DCAU team get David Warner to reprise Ra's al Ghul and Loren Lester to reprise dikk Grayson/Nightwing along with the entire JLU cast for one last time. That would make the DCAU universe complete.

I figured that the Near Apocalypse of 09 would be similar to Final Crisis storyline, but Ra's calling the shots with his own version of the Legion of Doom.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really Hope that the DCAU team get David Warner to reprise Ra's al Ghul and Loren Lester to reprise dikk Grayson/Nightwing along with the entire JLU cast for one last time. That would make the DCAU universe complete.

I figured that the Near Apocalypse of 09 would be similar to Final Crisis storyline, but Ra's calling the shots with his own version of the Legion of Doom.
I always looked at it like it could’ve been the Near “Apokolips” of 09 where Ra’s al Ghul somehow teamed with a returning Darkseid. Your theory is probably the route they would’ve went had they ever made it a real story but the play on words would’ve made for a rare team up opportunity.

I loved JL and JLU but was a little upset we never got to see them go against Batman villains besides the Joker, Harley and Clayface due to the embargo. That Task Force X episode where they brought Clock King back was dope

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I always looked at it like it could’ve been the Near “Apokolips” of 09 where Ra’s al Ghul somehow teamed with a returning Darkseid. Your theory is probably the route they would’ve went had they ever made it a real story but the play on words would’ve made for a rare team up opportunity.

I loved JL and JLU but was a little upset we never got to see them go against Batman villains besides the Joker, Harley and Clayface due to the embargo. That Task Force X episode where they brought Clock King back was dope

I honestly didn't care too much about the Batman villains because we already saw them plenty on Batman's own show. :yeshrug:

If anything I was more annoyed that they couldn't use Robin/Nightwing/Batgirl.