Justice League/Justice League Unlimited Appreciation Thread

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just started re watching and its a lot of adult jokes in this.....

You have no idea how much risque stuff was in the show.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/JusticeLeague

Literal stuff that happened/was said in the show -

In "Maid of Honor", Princess Audrey, trying to get Wonder Woman to go clubbing: "I'm a world class party girl. I intend to go out with a bang. Several, if it can be arranged." It's like they're not even trying. (To say nothing of the Les Yay between Audrey and Diana.)

Green Lantern: Don't sneak up on me like that! Do you know what this ring could do to you?
Vixen: Promises, promises.

There's a scene in "Epilogue" where Waller tries to explain that she obtained Batman's DNA (for one of her late genetics experiments) from blood he left at the scene of a fight. Judging by her face, you almost get the feeling she phrased it like this on purpose:

Waller: Bruce's DNA was easy enough to obtain: he left it all over town.
(cut to Terry giving Waller an awkward stare.)
Waller: ...not remotely what I meant.
(flashback of the original Batman, wounded enough to draw blood)

"Injustice for All" had a rather humorous exchange between the Flash and Hawkgirl:

Basically the same joke in reverse: reporter Linda Park reveals her Flash-fangirl side in "Flash and Substance" when, describing him in glowing terms, compares Flash to "like, the whole track team at once." On the air.

In "A Better World", the Justice Lords universe versions of Hawkgirl and Green Lantern have the following exchange:
  • Hawkgirl: So do you sleep better now?
    Green Lantern: You know I do.
Flash to Hawkgirl in "Only a Dream": "You look beat. Come on, time to hit the sack! *Hawkgirl stares, Flash throws up his hands* Uh, I mean...you know...I'll, uh, I'll take first watch."

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
John Stewart is my favorite superhero just off the strength of this show. :manny:

first season was aight.. but that second season tho... :mjcry: they were spitting out 1 hour episodes man.. 1 hour :damn:

Clark/Bruce/Diana/John/Wally/J'onn/Shayera will always be my favorite JL ensemble on any platform. They just played off each other so well and had distinct personalities..

I wasn't nearly as analytical then as I am now but looking back at it, i probably would've thought HG was too similar to Diana in the 'warrior female' cliche and I probably would've wondered why someone like Zatanna wasn't used as the 2nd female (maybe would look too much like diana face wise?)

truthfully, i never really cared about HG until they ditched the helmet and went the romance route with Stewart... and of course Starcrossed.. which was and is GOAT to me.. so the decision to include her paid off greatly and made for some fun moments between not just her and stewart but wally as well.

that's what made it great with the characters, Stewart/Wally/Shayera were just as fun a grouping as Clark/Bruce/Diana. And J'onn was pretty much mr. piccolo.

it's my goat show :to:

yep, JLU was perfect. But What I wondered was that if it wasn't for the Bat-Embargo during the mid 00s, we could have seen Nightwing (voiced by Loren Lester) and Ra al Ghul (voiced by da Gawd David Warner) interacting with the league. That would have been cool seeing Nightwing and Flash going back and forth with jokes and the "Near Apocalypse of 09" (mentioned in Batman Beyond) with Ra al Ghul having one last fight with Batman and the league as the real series Finale. That would have been cool, but still happy with JLU as it is.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I'm rewatching this now and goddamn why does Flash always run up an enemy and let them know he's close by yelling at them or some shyt. I can get it when he's used as a distraction but he often does it without it being planned and it always end with his ass needing to be saved.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm rewatching this now and goddamn why does Flash always run up an enemy and let them know he's close by yelling at them or some shyt. I can get it when he's used as a distraction but he often does it without it being planned and it always end with his ass needing to be saved.

I think there was an interview where the creators said they had to do that, because otherwise Flash would easily beat everybody and be overpowered.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
What was the ep where the women were being brainwashed into fighting one another? that was probably a throwaway ep to some but its in my top 10. the look on them hoes faces when diana made her entrance like Taker/vader/Lesnar all in one. You knew all the cattyness ceased and bytches were in deep shyt. :merchant::huhldup::mindblown::damn::to:- the other JL women. Diana-:birdman::demonic::ufdup:

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
What was the ep where the women were being brainwashed into fighting one another? that was probably a throwaway ep to some but its in my top 10. the look on them hoes faces when diana made her entrance like Taker/vader/Lesnar all in one. You knew all the cattyness ceased and bytches were in deep shyt. :merchant::huhldup::mindblown::damn::to:- the other JL women. Diana-:birdman::demonic::ufdup:

What ep/season was this??

:lupe: