Justice League/Justice League Unlimited Appreciation Thread

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which episodes were those? I thought the only time they did that was the animated movie with Ultraman sounding like the ultimate Italian stereotype
Which episodes were those? I thought the only time they did that was the animated movie with Ultraman sounding like the ultimate Italian stereotype

37-38 - "A Better World"
Following the death of the Flash, the Justice Lords launch an assault on the White House, where Superman kills President Lex Luthor. Two years later, the Lords now rule over the planet with an iron fist. Batman discovers the dimension which the Justice League inhabits. Considering their counterparts naive, but wishing to spread order to the newly discovered world, they cross over and trap the League in a force field. They then take their places in a quest to make this Earth like their own.

The idea of evil counterparts from an alternate realm is loosely based on the Crime Syndicate of Earth-3 (Pre-Crisis)/Anti-Matter Universe (Post-Crisis)

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I didn't watch much of the JL show. Wasn't a fan of the cast, but I LOVED JLU and have that series on DVD.

fukk Cartoon Network for the way they kept scheduling it. :pacspit:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I understand being nostalgic about stuff but sometimes, gotta call a spade a spade. Just like ninja turtles: loved the old cartoon as a kid but trying to watch it now just for fun or just out of curiosity? No thank you, it doesn't work anymore. Same argument being had about Family Matters in another thread on the board

I was so hyped when TMNT first came out on DVD. Bought the first volume and was like... :unsure:. I still love the Turtles, but that cartoon doesn't hold up. I feel the same way about Thundercats.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was so hyped when TMNT first came out on DVD. Bought the first volume and was like... :unsure:. I still love the Turtles, but that cartoon doesn't hold up. I feel the same way about Thundercats.

I was hype too, downloaded the first short season on iTunes and watched it with my girl at the time and we both had the :dwillhuh: then I got the whole series on a torrent and it was a constant :dwillhuh: which turned to :what: then eventually:snoop:. 03 turtles and the current run are the two best adaptations outside of the first movie.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I was hype too, downloaded the first short season on iTunes and watched it with my girl at the time and we both had the :dwillhuh: then I got the whole series on a torrent and it was a constant :dwillhuh: which turned to :what: then eventually:snoop:. 03 turtles and the current run are the two best adaptations outside of the first movie.

I need to try the two most recent Turtle cartoons. Heard the previous series was especially good.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I need to try the two most recent Turtle cartoons. Heard the previous series was especially good.

Definitely breh. The whole series isn't on DVD or if it is, it's really scattered. Your best bet is some "alternative" measures. They were humming for a good 4 seasons then went to some Flash Forward season for the 5th one for some reason, probably to sell toys, and when the show came back to reality, it was never quite as good as the first 4 years which are very dope.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
John Stewart is my favorite superhero just off the strength of this show. :manny:

first season was aight.. but that second season tho... :mjcry: they were spitting out 1 hour episodes man.. 1 hour :damn:

Clark/Bruce/Diana/John/Wally/J'onn/Shayera will always be my favorite JL ensemble on any platform. They just played off each other so well and had distinct personalities..

I wasn't nearly as analytical then as I am now but looking back at it, i probably would've thought HG was too similar to Diana in the 'warrior female' cliche and I probably would've wondered why someone like Zatanna wasn't used as the 2nd female (maybe would look too much like diana face wise?)

truthfully, i never really cared about HG until they ditched the helmet and went the romance route with Stewart... and of course Starcrossed.. which was and is GOAT to me.. so the decision to include her paid off greatly and made for some fun moments between not just her and stewart but wally as well.

that's what made it great with the characters, Stewart/Wally/Shayera were just as fun a grouping as Clark/Bruce/Diana. And J'onn was pretty much mr. piccolo.

it's my goat show :to:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
The current run surprised me

I came in thinking it would be crap but it ended up being descent

The TMNT universe cartoon movie where they made fun of the original cartoon was good tho lol.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The current run surprised me

I came in thinking it would be crap but it ended up being descent

The TMNT universe cartoon movie where they made fun of the original cartoon was good tho lol.

Turtles Forever...very good cartoon movie. Right amount of homage and forward thinking