Just Starting Watching 'The Wire' And...

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
Nothing is worth a download in 2018

stream everything and save ur HDD space

and to quickly summarize the premise with no spoilers

Westworld is basically a theme park designed to look like the wild west from the 1800s and its populated with life like androids (Human robots) dressed and behaving like people did from that era (think Jurassic Park, but with Robots from the Wild West)

Rich people pay thousands of dollars to visit the park and go on missions, adventures, kill the androids and have sex/rape with them (basically its a real life video game for them but with no consequences for their actions, u can do whatever u want)

Long story short, these Human Robots who are mistreated slowly start to "wake up" and become "conscious" one by one, and that's where the story gets interesting.

That's all i can say without spoiling anymore, just know that it's considered a "thinking man/woman's show" Well thought out and forces u to sit up in ur seat and pay attention to every little detail cause you'll know you'll need it later on (which the same can also be said about The Wire and Thrones, but I'm just personally enjoying this more than those two, but Thrones is right up there with it though)

The 2nd season is even more deep than the first, so much so that it had some people ppl (on this site also) were complaining saying it was pretentious that it was too much for their tiny brains

(but i loved it, cant wait til season 3)

HBO recently responded to the criticism and said kick rocks, this sh1t ain't for casuals, Nickelodeon is that way

:mjlol:

HBO Boss Responds To ‘Westworld’ Backlash: ‘It’s Not For Casual Viewers’ – TCA
Rep. And I'm definitely interested. I'm old school. I don't really stream much. I have over 10 TB of hard drive space. 50 GB for a show or whatever won't put a dent in that. I have the torrent qued up now. Thank you breh..

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Rep. And I'm definitely interested. I'm old school. I don't really stream much. I have over 10 TB of hard drive space. 50 GB for a show or whatever won't put a dent in that. I have the torrent qued up now. Thank you breh..
Dope

but stick with the Wire too tho, it has its ups and downs but overall its still a great show (you'll love season 4 if u grew up in the hood and went to a public school as I did, but don't skip to season 4 obviously, u need the info from the first 3 seasons to fully appreciate it)

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
giphy.gif

The Wire and OZ are HBO GOATS

Genos

Superstar
Daps
This was the same for me, I didn't feel it the first time I watched the beginning of season 1 but by the end I was hooked. It took me a few times to watch the beginning of season 1 before I finally watched it all. It truly is the GOAT show.

In terms of quality The Wire>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sopranos>>>Breaking bad

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
One thing I disliked about the show was how it kept randomly switching to different factions in the storytelling (one minute they in the hood and then all of a sudden they in the mayor office etc totally changing the vibe set with the previous scene....
I guess they had to do it in order to tell the whole city's perspective since the show had several main characters. I just think that could have been smoother.

That was one of the best things about the show. It's supposed to show the similarity between the institutions of the city. My favourite example of that is when some cop is getting destroyed by Rawls at the Comstat meeting for having bad stats, the next scene it jumps to Marlo interrogating Fruit about the declining sales on his corner :wow:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That was one of the best things about the show. It's supposed to show the similarity between the institutions of the city. My favourite example of that is when some cop is getting destroyed by Rawls at the Comstat meeting for having bad stats, the next scene it jumps to Marlo interrogating Fruit about the declining sales on his corner :wow:

Ehhh, it helped the world building no doubt, but that aspect was just hit or miss to me.

The characters in the wire is what drew me into the show more than anything else about it. They had some dope ass characters, where you kinda fukked with everybody and wanted to see how their story played out in the grand scheme of things.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
It's deep

There are about three layers of activity at all times

The streets

The fuzz

And the politicians

Whatever happens echoes and reflects up and down the scale and it all dances in and out minutes at a time.

It's amazing to think of how they outlined all that shyt first

OH!

YO!

They do not spend years and years just on wiretaps. I can't really recall the first several eps in detail, but they prolly really drilling down on the "wire" thing at this step you're at.

The shyt really morphs and explodes out past that premise. They prolly could called it something else once you take it all in. "The Wire" itself.. the wiretaps.. is just the entry point to this whole labrynth