Just Starting Watching 'The Wire' And...

Daps
It's boring me to sleep. I'm through the first 6 episodes and it's not immediately catching my attention like Breaking Bad or Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos did. They show the Police too much and the shyt is super predictable and boring. It's supposed to be one of the best series ever and I really wanna give it a chance. I know everyone has seen it, so tell me. Does it start to pick up, or is it like this the entire series?? No trolls please. Looking for serious answers of people who have seen the series..

Out of curiosity did you finish the series? What do you think now if you did? My friend just started the show for the first time yesterday and now I've found myself watching again.

KOD

Respect the rank not the man
Daps
Reppin
east side Long Beach
It's boring me to sleep. I'm through the first 6 episodes and it's not immediately catching my attention like Breaking Bad or Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos did. They show the Police too much and the shyt is super predictable and boring. It's supposed to be one of the best series ever and I really wanna give it a chance. I know everyone has seen it, so tell me. Does it start to pick up, or is it like this the entire series?? No trolls please. Looking for serious answers of people who have seen the series..
:camby:

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
It's called the "Wire" for a reason

P.s. I just started watching The Deuce and it's nice seeing nikkas from the Wire eating
HBO takes care of it's people

:ehh:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Heard the series is good and read and watched how it was high quality

But never watched it myself

Seen a few eps of it

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I love the wire. Easily my fav/best show ever.

I cant expect everyone to like it as much as I did, but damn how could you not like the dialogue, story, and characters is crazy beyond me.

I got pulled in from the 1st scene about snot...

I get it's a very slow burn, especially after hearing the hype about it.

But when Bay pulls D outta the truck and tells him to explain the rules of talking about family shyt, how does that not intrigue you??

Last edited: