Just saw 12 Years a Slave

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'moral'? are you serious breh?

man you crazy That dude put in work & was responsible for things African Americans enjoy today. That's tangible evidence I posted, documented history & how it changed the lives of current day African Americans & you downplay it because cacs have whitewashed it :what:

Cacs don't want nobody black knowing what this dude did & you helping them cover it up :stopitslime:

:wow:

Enjoyed exactly WHAT things African Americans enjoyed today?? Yes, Florida at the time was an escape haven for runaway slaves. Then The United States acquired that land which forced the conflict in the 1st place which push most of the Black Seminoles out to places like Cuba and Haiti. Yes, many fought back to keep their land, but we aren't talking about there never was a slave revolt, but an actual SUCCESSFUL slave revolt. The closest you can claim on this is they once fought to a standstill which is a moral victory because the United States STILL GOT WHAT THEY WANTED IN THE 1ST PLACE! So, please tell me. What "win" was that? Because dude cut a deal and sold his own people out? Accepting to take the "trail of tears" is NOT a victory. It's a romanticized moral victory at best.

And using the Black Seminoles is stretching it to begin with because, 1.) Florida was barely a U.S. territory. 2.)It wasn't a slave revolt in a technical sense. The Black Seminoles were mostly made up of RUNAWAY SLAVES, so in essence they were free anyway. As I stated before Florida was a safe haven for runaway slaves for like 70 YEARS prior to the United States even attempted to gain acquisition. So to call it a "slave rebellion" is pushing the definition. They were FREE MEN to begin with. The United States played them the same way they played the Natives and got what they wanted regardless.

If it truly WAS successful, then to this DAY Florida that we know it now would be been a black recognized nation.

So tell me, how many of these "successful" Black Seminoles have DIED traveling through those "Trail of Tears" to small portion of Oklahoma? I want to know exactly how this was a VICTORY.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Enjoyed exactly WHAT things African Americans enjoyed today?? I want to know exactly how this was a VICTORY.

so none of this means anything to you? doesn't count as a win to you? if you are black...none of this has helped us in our history in the U.S.?

• Created the largest haven for fugitive slaves in the Southern U.S.
  • Survived two major U.S. wars and slave raids (1816-1821, 1835-1838).
  • Inspired and led the largest slave rebellion in U.S. history (1835-1838).
With Seminole Indians, fought the U.S. Army to a standstill in the largest and most expensive "Indian" war in U.S. history, the army's only non-victory prior to Vietnam.
  • Won the only emancipation of rebellious African Americans prior to the U.S. Civil War (1838).
  • Supplied antislavery congressmen with key arguments for overturning the "gag" rule in Congress (1836-1844).
:what: how do you not understand how important this is in our history. This is what lead to us being freed in the first place
  • Pioneered a role for blacks in the U.S. armed forces (breh this lead to the Buffalo Soldiers, should we not honor them as well :dahell: this is ONE of the main reason's why blacks are in the military TODAY :jawalrus: Are we NOT Americans?)
  • offered a legal precedent for Lincoln's emancipation of the southern slaves in 1863. (how you don't see the relationship of how one thing lead to another is :mindblown:
  • In Texas after 1872, served as U.S. Army scouts (these are the beginnings of Buffalo Soldiers)

Those Black folks didn't fight & die for nothing. Us being free today shows that. Just cause cacs aren't screaming from the roof tops how much of a hero John Horse & the Seminoles are doesn't mean we shouldn't.

that guy is a Hero & he should be held in that regard in Black America :blessed:

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Created the largest haven for fugitive slaves in the Southern U.S.

That was BEFORE the United States acquired the land. It was under Spanish control that already abolished slavery. The moment the United States came through, they push those people out be any means necessary, to include forcing to commit to taking the Trail of Tears.

Survived two major U.S. wars and slave raids (1816-1821, 1835-1838).

They fought indeed "survived" the Seminole Wars, dismissing the fact that wasn't yet U.S. soil and the fact that it was up until a standstill to where they ended up being forced out anyway through a bullsh*t agreement.

Inspired and led the largest slave rebellion in U.S. history (1835-1838).

Again, it was not, I repeat WAS NOT slave rebellion!! Those were FREE men fighting for land they they owned! The only thing "slave" related was that most of them were runaway slaves, and even with that you had generations from those former slaves born free. ONLY the United States saw them as slaves.

Won the only emancipation of rebellious African Americans prior to the U.S. Civil War (1838).

They didn't win sh*t. They caught a dirty deal because John Horse sold them out on some bullshyt compromise that the rest of the Natives were getting. They were forced out their land. That is not a victory. That's not something to be proud of.

Then the later notes you mentioned later (which has nothing to do with the subject of there's never been a SUCCESSFUL slave revolt on U.S. soil) really is moot. You got your "hero" John Horse going from fighting the military to working FOR the military. And not dismissing the Buffalo Soldiers, but lets think about that for a second. That's like fighting police brutality to becoming part of that police force.

Plain and simple, not only the Seminole Wars wasn't really a slave revolt (because they were free men), not only it wasn't a rebellion on U.S. soil because most of it was during the time where Spain still had occupation and they were fighting against slave raiders trying to reacquire their runaway slaves, but it was all for NOTHING. They lost their lands. They like the rest of the natives across this nation were forced to take the TRAIL OF TEARS.

You holding on moral victories and not the actual full picture. Who actually benefitted more? The Black Seminoles or the United States Government?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
breh are you American?

You holding on moral victories and not the actual full picture.

I'm not looking at the full picture :russ: breh do you hear yourself?...you aren't even taking the context of the times in your retort

Oh I get it, you aren't concerned with facts & don't want to admit that you've been given bad information. Instead, you just want to win an internet argument... carry on breh :rudy:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh are you American?

I'm not looking at the full picture :russ: breh do you hear yourself?...you aren't even taking the context of the times in your retort

Oh I get it, you aren't concerned with facts & don't want to admit that you've been given bad information. Instead, you just want to win an internet argument... carry on breh :rudy:

I am speaking actual TRUTH. You going off factiods and sh*t. I bet you're the type that actually believe the narrative of Lincoln the Emancipator.

If John Horse was such a "hero" then why did he sold his own people out? The rebellion was to fight to defend their homestead and he copped an agreement to force them all to relocate. Then not only that, the moment he made it to Oklahoma, joined that same racist ass Army to become an interpetor to persuade others to leave their homes in Florida as well. Not to mention being a spy and a killer of OTHER Natives in Texas and Mexico. Those are FACTS that you aren't willing to accept because it goes against the romanticized picture.
Dude was a sell out and opportunist, and screwed his own people over, especially those who were born as chattel slaves and escaped.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I am speaking actual TRUTH. You going off factiods and sh*t. I bet you're the type that actually believe the narrative of Lincoln the Emancipator.

If John Horse was such a "hero" then why did he sold his own people out? The rebellion was to fight to defend their homestead and he copped an agreement to force them all to relocate. Then not only that, the moment he made it to Oklahoma, joined that same racist ass Army to become an interpetor to persuade others to leave their homes in Florida as well. Not to mention being a spy and a killer of OTHER Natives in Texas and Mexico. Those are FACTS that you aren't willing to accept because it goes against the romanticized picture.
Dude was a sell out and opportunist, and screwed his own people over, especially those who were born as chattel slaves and escaped.

cool breh you win the argument man.

Never mind the fact that, John Horse fought over decades against 10 U.S Generals ... nevermind that, once him and Osceola were captured the Seminoles started getting defeated...then when he escaped he rejuvenated the entire fight & they went on to battle for more years against the U.S. Nevermind the fact that this dude killed 100's of CACS & they NEVER could kill him...even after making the U.S. spend millions in debt to defeat them. Its clear you don't know the entire story and want to stick to what you've been told about him. You win breh. :comeon: Based on your argument we currently have no 'hero's' today that we should be proud of because we all 'sold out' and became American Citizens....pretty asinine. We just should have all died & let them enslave us again then. :snoop:

If anything, John Horse was the precursor to blacks becoming what they are today. He was the blueprint for blacks becoming American Citizens.

you win happy breh :manny:

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cool breh you win the argument man.

Never mind the fact that, John Horse fought over decades against 10 U.S Generals ... nevermind that, once him and Osceola were captured the Seminoles started getting defeated...then when he escaped he rejuvenated the entire fight & they went on to battle for more years against the U.S. Nevermind the fact that this dude killed 100's of CACS & they NEVER could kill him...even after making the U.S. spend millions in debt to defeat them. Its clear you don't know the entire story and want to stick to what you've been told about him. You win breh. :comeon: Based on your argument we currently have no 'hero's' today that we should be proud of because we all 'sold out' and became American Citizens....pretty asinine. We just should have all died & let them enslave us again then. :snoop:

If anything, John Horse was the precursor to blacks becoming what they are today. He was the blueprint for blacks becoming American Citizens.

you win happy breh :manny:

Conspire with the enemy, con people to be forced to leave their own lands and be relocated to some shyt-face wasteland, kill off natives that oppose it and become recognized as a hero, people! :stopitslime:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Conspire with the enemy, con people to be forced to leave their own lands and be relocated to some shyt-face wasteland, kill off natives that oppose it and become recognized as a hero, people! :stopitslime:

don't know the full story on how 'other' natives were hired to kill them in their land & tried to enslave them as well.
act like you know what you talking about by regurgitating cacology brehs. :heh:

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it, it was good but nothing revolutionary like the hype makes you believe.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't get the Django and 12 Years a Slave comparisons. It's discussing fantasy vs. reality. It's like comparing Avengers to a historically accurate war film or some such. 12 Years is brutal but so very well done in that it doesn't shy away from reality... it stays true to history, the acting, the cinematography, the screenplay, the emotion... I'd love to go more in depth on it, maybe I will in the near future but it's a great great film.

Django is a fantasy film. It's a very good one. The cinematography is tremendous as well.. the acting is also very good... Both films should be judged on what they set out to accomplish. I think it goes like this... for me personally, 12 Years is a much more important film but I also, if given a choice, side with a learning experience over popcorn entertainment. However, both have their place in my collection.