Just saw 12 Years a Slave

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
what in the fukk does any of this have to do with the African American experience in America?

Slavery needs to be talked about and we need to make those evil devils apologize and pay for what they did.

This "there are too many slave movies" nonsense will always fall on death ears for me because there have not been many at all and white people been forgetting about it.
I can't watch those movies. It is extremely painful for me. My mother made me watch ROOTS and watch the Medgar Evers story.. I think we all know our history in America.. It's been beaten into my head that we were once slaves ever since I've been born..

I agree we need to make those devils pay but we also need to teach our children about our glorious past! We were not just a bunch of slaves!!!

We are much more then just slavery. Slavery to me is all people know about us

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think we all know our history in America
it aint about 'us,' its about the rest of this country and world. These people dont say or do anything until you put ugly in their face. They need to be reminded of how it was a horror.

WE need more visuals of this and of Jim Crow south and of the underlying racism in the north. These people need to see what is fukked up.

Jews dont complain when someone mentions the Holocaust. They have museums around the world showing it. We need to do the same as well and talk about the impact.

I know it hurts, but the devils need to know it hurts and what all that did to our people.

I do agree we need to have more movies about our glorious past too. WE should see it all, but Im not gonna allow anyone to say "there been too many movies on slavery." There havent been near enough.

And trust me creh, when people think of African Americans, slavery is not on their minds. Its so removed and distant that its forgotten.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
it aint about 'us,' its about the rest of this country and world. These people dont say or do anything until you put ugly in their face. They need to be reminded of how it was a horror.

WE need more visuals of this and of Jim Crow south and of the underlying racism in the north. These people need to see what is fukked up.

Jews dont complain when someone mentions the Holocaust. They have museums around the world showing it. We need to do the same as well and talk about the impact.

I know it hurts, but the devils need to know it hurts and what all that did to our people.

I do agree we need to have more movies about our glorious past too. WE should see it all, but Im not gonna allow anyone to say "there been too many movies on slavery." There havent been near enough.

And trust me creh, when people think of African Americans, slavery is not on their minds. Its so removed and distant that its forgotten.
There needs to be a balance no doubt!

This new Nat Turner flick looks good too. My dude from the Great Debators :ahh: looks like he did a great job but I can't deal with some of those scenes..

I can't sit there and watch a black woman get raped by these devils, B.. I can't.. That shyt infuriates me..

They got scenes in the movie where a slave gets his teeth knocked out by a hammer :damn:

Nah!!! I can't do it

:to: