Just saw 12 Years a Slave

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
The way he left patsy hanging though :snoop: she asked him to end it for her and not only didn't he do it she suffered more than anyone else :to:[\spoiler]
Yeah I would have granted her request. More then anyone he should have understood why she wanted it happen.

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
this movie...wow. I saw it last night and I can't stop thinking about it. It's a damn shame this shyt is only in a limited set of theaters.

I literally get angry thinking about how that slaver on that ship came through to scoop up ol'girl for sex and how they did patsy...they did our women dirty b.

Additionally it hurts even more knowing that these stories were basically recurring for over 100's of years with just different characters/faces and then they expect us to just forget about how this happened like there can't be any psychological scars in our community

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/12-years-a-slave.php

:bryan:

When and how did Solomon Northup die?
The last known details about Solomon Northup's life are mostly speculative and no one is certain of his exact fate. It is believed that he might have been involved with the Underground Railroad up until the start of the American Civil War. There are also reports of angry mobs disrupting speeches that he gave at abolitionist rallies. This includes speeches that he was giving in Canada in the summer of 1857. Some believe that this could have led to him being murdered, while others have conjectured that it's possible he was kidnapped again, or that his two former kidnappers who had been on trial went looking for Northup and killed him. Certain members of his family have passed down the story that he had been killed in Mississippi in 1864, but there is no evidence to support that claim. An 1875 New York State Census lists his wife Anne's marital status as "Widowed". No grave of Solomon Northup has ever been found. -Solomon Northup: The Complete Story of the Author of Twelve Years a Slave

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I would have granted her request. More then anyone he should have understood why she wanted it happen.

What's more f*cked up is the same thing happened with him at the near start of the film when dude left him hanging on the ferry!

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Powerful film...

fukked up how he let Patsy suffer like that...fukk all that god shyt, I would have put her out of her misery...

Solomon was also real naive to go down to Washington like that...I don't care how much money they promised, never trust a CAC and never ride with CAC's going south...Those rules still apply to this very day...

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Powerful film...

fukked up how he let Patsy suffer like that...fukk all that god shyt, I would have put her out of her misery...

Solomon was also real naive to go down to Washington like that...I don't care how much money they promised, never trust a CAC and never ride with CAC's going south...Those rules still apply to this very day...

Solomon was the prototypical Uncle Tom. He truly believed he was equal to the white man, even while as a slave for Ford, he thought if he did a good job and kiss this CAC's azz that that racist bigot was going to free him. It was until he was owned by Epps is when he realized shyt is real. Even when he regain his so-called freedom, he trusted the judicial system will correct the injustice towards his life and got screwed over.

If this doesn't relate you to how shyt is today, I dunno what else to say to you.

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
Solomon was the prototypical Uncle Tom. He truly believed he was equal to the white man, even while as a slave for Ford, he thought if he did a good job and kiss this CAC's azz that that racist bigot was going to free him. It was until he was owned by Epps is when he realized shyt is real. Even when he regain his so-called freedom, he trusted the judicial system will correct the injustice towards his life and got screwed over.

If this doesn't relate you to how shyt is today, I dunno what else to say to you.

But what was he supposed to do..in any of those situations where he could have gone against the grain he would have been killed and never would have seen his family. If he revolted on the boat he would have been killed just like Omar, if he ran when he was going to escape from epps he would have got lynched, if he didn't whip patsy then epps would have killed more slaves. He wasn't a Uncle tom at all he was just surviving under circumstance. If anything this showed you to judge people by actions not words...the racist cac who ratted on him because of the letter was trusted by Solomon because he thought he could identify with his plight. Solomon didn't vet that cac well enough..

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But what was he supposed to do..in any of those situations where he could have gone against the grain he would have been killed and never would have seen his family. If he revolted on the boat he would have been killed just like Omar, if he ran when he was going to escape from epps he would have got lynched, if he didn't whip patsy then epps would have killed more slaves. He wasn't a Uncle tom at all he was just surviving under circumstance. If anything this showed you to judge people by actions not words...the racist cac who ratted on him because of the letter was trusted by Solomon because he thought he could identify with his plight. Solomon didn't vet that cac well enough..

Had he been aware, he would of never fell for that scheme in the first place. His blind trust was what he gotten himself in trouble.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Solomon was a naive uncle tom breh, you can't defend his actions or lack there of... he thought he could trust the white devil because he thought he wasn't like them other nikkas...He was an educated black man with white friends, no way they would kidnap him...:comeon:

That's why it was so easy to talk his ass into going south with two CAC's he never fukking met before...For an educated man he fell for one of the dumbest setups of all time and he continued to repeat the same mistake...

As much as I love my wife, I could never do what Solomon did to survive to see her another day...I have way too much pride to suck up to a CAC in hopes he won't treat me as another slave cuz unlike them I'm educated from the north...fukk Solomon for that bullshyt...

I would have rather died like Omar then go on surviving to be some white mans farm animal and forced to watch my people suffer...If I could have taken at least one of those white devils lives before they killed me It would have been well worth it...

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
Solomon was a naive uncle tom breh, you can't defend his actions or lack there of... he thought he could trust the white devil because he thought he wasn't like them other nikkas...He was an educated black man with white friends, no way they would kidnap him...:comeon:

That's why it was so easy to talk his ass into going south with two CAC's he never fukking met before...For an educated man he fell for one of the dumbest setups of all time and he continued to repeat the same mistake...

As much as I love my wife, I could never do what Solomon did to survive to see her another day...I have way too much pride to suck up to a CAC in hopes he won't treat me as another slave cuz unlike them I'm educated from the north...fukk Solomon for that bullshyt...

I would have rather died like Omar then go on surviving to be some white mans farm animal and forced to watch my people suffer...If I could have taken at least one of those white devils lives before they killed me It would have been well worth it...

I feel you breh..but ironically enough assuming your black and your ancestors were slaves the only reason your able to say these things is because someone in your family tree acted like Solomon and kept surviving.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I feel you breh..but ironically enough assuming your black and your ancestors were slaves the only reason your able to say these things is because someone in your family tree acted like Solomon and kept surviving.
That applies to every black poster on here though...We can't speak for our ancestors, we don't know what they did back then to survive...I can only speak for myself and I know I would of went out like Omar...It's one thing to come off a boat from the motherland not knowing what to expect and another to know and think to yourself, nah they won't treat me like that because I'm educated...