Just saw 12 Years a Slave

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Y'all some sheep fukk these movies man give black actors opportunities to do other movies other then fukking romance comedies, slave, or criminal roles and then holla at me :smh:

Stereotypes are still a problem, but you're overestimating how boxed in Black actors are. Look at Morgan Freeman, look at Idris Elba, look at Will Smith's domination of the box office for half a decade, look at Marvel's Black Panther in development now, etc. Black folks are doing non-slave drama films, procedurals, fantasy, sci-fi, and many other things.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Y'all some sheep fukk these movies man give black actors opportunities to do other movies other then fukking romance comedies, slave, or criminal roles and then holla at me :smh:
This is stupid as fukk. Don't support a movie with a black director, black screenwriter, and mostly black cast because it's subject is actual black history that no one will make films about...because? Black actors aren't getting many opportunities, so why shyt on the ones they do get, especially when its a great and important film helmed by a black director? A movie like this opens the door for the director, screenwriter, and the actors to get better opportunities and bigger budgets. Did you not see Steve Mcqueen embarrass a bunch of white directors during the Vanity Fair roundtable? It was awesome.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/video-award-season-roundtable-series-directors-part-2

This is a step in the right direction.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Now they want to remake Roots

http://www.vulture.com/2013/11/history-channel-is-remaking-roots.html?mid=imdb

Roots doesn't need a remake. We need to be pretty much DONE with this whole "slavery and Subservient" trend that has taken place within Hollywood the last three years. 12 Years A slave will be the DEFINITIVE slavery film for the next generation, it's time to explore other avenues of the African American experience. Instead of The Butler I want to see The Warrior about Toussaint. I want to see The Philosopher about W.E.B Dubois. I want to see 20 Years A Freedom Fighter about Marcus Garvey. I miss the days when Spike Lee could get a Malcolm X film made with the full support of the African American community and it's celebrities. He's been trying to make a Joe Louis biopic for the last 15 years but nobody will fund it, but they'll fund a goddamn remake of a Korean Manga about a dude fukking his own daughter:snoop:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
brehs I just saw the film. :wow: The cinematography ...dude is a beast with the camera :wow:

Our women breh :to: our women... we gotta protect our women man :sadcam:
I know they can give us a headache but man we can't disrespect them any more. They need us breh.

Solomon's eyes...he bested Captain Philips ..... :manny: he did

I thank God for this film man. To think all those souls lost who finally have a voice in this film. This is the realest movie ever on this subject. There doesn't need to be anymore slave movies. This is the standard. Hope it saves some black folks from destruction and we start leaving demonic filth in the bushes.

Sadly, I don't trust the award folks...this movie proved its worth but the 'cac' in them won't care...I hope I'm wrong because people need to see this movie.

Patsy man... :sadcam: I can't get that imagine out of my mind of her. So delicate. Folks are demonic man :to:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
gotta add this video for anyone who's seen the video

dude is on point

tr2k

All Star
Daps
12 Years a Slave 2013 CAM XviD-2LOW
12-years-a-slave-2013-1024x576.jpg

2mzm91l.png

0jE3u.png

mBFUJ.png

9GOPm.png

08335372377580727477.png

:blessed:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:mindblown: WHAT THE fukk DID I JUST WATCH!!!!!!!!!

WHY THE fukk THEY HAD TO SHOW HER GETTING WHIPPED LIKE THAT?????????? :pacspit:

you watched what you as a black man is truly up against. You watched what America has tried to hide from the world. You watched what present day people tell you 'you should' get over even though these things have cause mad physical and psychological damage in our communities. You watched how these demonic type of folks gave everyone else reparations except the one's who truly deserve it. You watched how even to this day demonic types of folks sit & live in comfort passed down from their forefathers and without a thought let you struggle to live and make it everyday.

That's the reality. Accept it and we as black folks have to deal with reality of what this country is even today. A soulless landscape that we have to MAKE do the right thing.

We have to take care of ourselves better.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
you watched what you as a black man is truly up against. You watched what America has tried to hide from the world. You watched what present day people tell you 'you should' get over even though these things have cause mad physical and psychological damage in our communities. You watched how these demonic type of folks gave everyone else reparations except the one's who truly deserve it. You watched how even to this day demonic types of folks sit & live in comfort passed down from their forefathers and without a thought let you struggle to live and make it everyday.

That's the reality. Accept it and we as black folks have to deal with reality of what this country is even today. A soulless landscape that we have to MAKE do the right thing.

We have to take care of ourselves better.

:clap: