Just saw 12 Years a Slave

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Just got home from seeing this.
I think my wife is going to be entering depression from this film - she cried for like an hour, and is acting strange.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Just got home from seeing this.
I think my wife is going to be entering depression from this film - she cried for like an hour, and is acting strange.

You should use this moment to discuss your feelings regarding the film. Use the emotions from this film to BUILD. Hopefully it opens people's eyes to the reality of the situation for black people in this country.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Movie was really good. It was just an honest movie. There were certain parts that were hard to watch, but excellent job!!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
just came from the theater, that Patsy scene with her getting the lashes got me fukked up. I ain't cry though cuz I a G.:to:

Epps is one sick motherfukka god damn. But his wife....she takes the cake. I don't know who's a bigger villain. I'll give the edge to her I guess.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Saw this last weekend, beautiful cinematography of the old South, brutal scenes, impressive acting and a great cast...They are completely different types of movies, but this captivated me much more then 'Django Unchained',and kind of gives credence to the critiques of that movie.....It's based on actual memoirs, so I can only assume most of this was true, but at several points I felt the movie had become repetitive, and was running in place for about 15-20 minutes, whether it was true or not....Ebbs acts like a maniac, Norton tries to to intervene, trusts the wrong person, etc, repeat, I felt it was repeating itself and it became gratuitous...The strongest scene to me, my eyes welled up a little, was when he was leaving and hugged Patsy...That was brutal, I thought he'd just grab her up, or refuse to leave without her.... It's a powerful and wrenching movie

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
so you can complain about how they dressed in tribal attire and how they were dancing around fires half naked worshiping a sun god and other pagan gods.

Id love it but since black people like to complain so much they probably dont want to try a touchy subject. Shaka Zulu was one of my favorite series, yet I wonder how many people even know its on netflix...ahem.
I haven't watched the Shaka Zulu series since I was 11. That was 13 years ago. That witch doctor traumatized me. I swear who ever did the makeup for that deserved all the accolades. It's scenes had me scared shytless. :merchant:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I haven't watched the Shaka Zulu series since I was 11. That was 13 years ago. That witch doctor traumatized me. I swear who ever did the makeup for that deserved all the accolades. It's scenes had me scared shytless. :merchant:
Yea that shyt scared the soul outta me too. lol.