Just saw 12 Years a Slave

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Saw this last weekend, beautiful cinematography of the old South, brutal scenes, impressive acting and a great cast...They are completely different types of movies, but this captivated me much more then 'Django Unchained',and kind of gives credence to the critiques of that movie.....It's based on actual memoirs, so I can only assume most of this was true, but at several points I felt the movie had become repetitive, and was running in place for about 15-20 minutes, whether it was true or not....Ebbs acts like a maniac, Norton tries to to intervene, trusts the wrong person, etc, repeat, I felt it was repeating itself and it became gratuitous...The strongest scene to me, my eyes welled up a little, was when he was leaving and hugged Patsy...That was brutal, I thought he'd just grab her up, or refuse to leave without her.... It's a powerful and wrenching movie

:what:

If thats what happened...thats what happened....dude was a drunk racist cac of his time...and they were hammering the point what it was like on a plantation like that and what the slaves had to endure on a consistent basis.

And Northrup only trusted the wrong person ONE time.....

The second person he trusted was Brad Pitt...and he got the letter to his fam.

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
The movie is a good movie. I didn't cry or anything like that I just took it for what it was. The guy who came with the sheriff to bring Solomon his papers was he the same man that introduced him to the "circus guys"?

The last movie to move me was passion of the Christ.

I did honestly want some better dialogue in this movie but I can say this: if you were to have watch this on mute I believe it would have had a WAY bigger impact

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
yeah go support it so we can have more slave movies where CAC can get paid for calling us ni99ers

fiddy.gif
:ohhh::russ:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
:what:

If thats what happened...thats what happened....dude was a drunk racist cac of his time...and they were hammering the point what it was like on a plantation like that and what the slaves had to endure on a consistent basis.

And Northrup only trusted the wrong person ONE time.....

The second person he trusted was Brad Pitt...and he got the letter to his fam.

I acknowledged it was likely based on actual events, just from a movie perspective, it felt redundant for 15-20 minutes, and while I wasn't losing interest, or compassion, it felt like the movie wasn't moving forward, and the brutalities and humiliations became slightly gratuitous, and one scene would have sufficed, were several were used. Possibly it's just my discomfort, and it was a testament to the movies strength...but around the last few scenes of denigration at the ends of Ebbs, I was ready for the film to move on, it went to that well too many times for me, in a short period, without moving the narrative forward.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I haven't watched the Shaka Zulu series since I was 11. That was 13 years ago. That witch doctor traumatized me. I swear who ever did the makeup for that deserved all the accolades. It's scenes had me scared shytless. :merchant:

Shaka Zulu was excellent. I was the same age when I first watched it on A&E with my father. That Witch Doctor had me fukked up too, and when Shaka killed his baby that shyt fukkED me ALL THE WAY up. My father had to sit me down and explain exactly why that happened because I kept asking why would he kill a baby.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I was hating on this shyt before I saw it but oh my this shyt was dope. It didn't romanticize slavery like most of the other Slavery movies which was great, most Slavery movies do that which really turned me off Slavery movies

Ejiofor :wow:

Fassbender :gladbron:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The guy who came with the sheriff to bring Solomon his papers was he the same man that introduced him to the "circus guys"?
nah, that was the store owner.

the man who introduced Solomon to the circus guys was a judge.