Roots
Amistad
glory
uncle tom cabinet
rosewood
amazing grace
Queen
Beloved

I think my point's been proven when u have to reach this hard to find even a handful of movies about slavery not even getting into historical accuracy :heh:

Now lets name a couple of holocaust movies...actually I'll just post this http://www.imdb.com/list/1P8uIgLZoZ4/ . That's 50 right there and a lot of those are award/oscar winning movies.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The scene where they left homie in the noose while he was on his tippy toes was so hard to watch ....That seen felt like it was 10 minutes...I felt myself gagging with him and shyt..while everyone in the background just went about their business ....powerful scene..
when a bunch CAC kill a whole town of blacks over a white woman its a slave move to me
then Mississippi burning was a slave movie too by this logic.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Roots
Amistad
glory
uncle tom cabinet
rosewood
amazing grace
Queen
Beloved

Roots and Queen weren't movies, they were tv series. Rosewood and Glory aren't slave movies. The only non-Blackface version of Uncle Tom's Cabin was a minor TV movie.

So that leaves you with Amistad, Beloved, and Amazing Grace, which is a movie about British, not American slavery.

In other words, you've got 2 movies about American slavery left, and both of them are relatively weak.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Written and directed by black men :ufdup:
Noted for being historically accurate :ufdup:

Majority black cast (acclaimed black actors at that) and written from black perspective :ufdup:

This is what black cinema NEEDS. A realistic movie about black history written by and for blacks.

That's all cool and the gang but how about a realistic movie about black history PRIOR to slavery. All anyone wants to make are movies about slavery. Muthafukkas got history prior to slavery, why stop there and take the easy way out?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Roots and Queen weren't movies, they were tv series. Rosewood and Glory aren't slave movies. The only non-Blackface version of Uncle Tom's Cabin was a minor TV movie.

So that leaves you with Amistad, Beloved, and Amazing Grace, which is a movie about British, not American slavery.

In other words, you've got 2 movies about American slavery left, and both of them are relatively weak.

Exactly. Though I wouldn't call Beloved "weak" I actually thought it was quite good

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I think my point's been proven when u have to reach this hard to find even a handful of movies about slavery not even getting into historical accuracy :heh:

Now lets name a couple of holocaust movies...actually I'll just post this http://www.imdb.com/list/1P8uIgLZoZ4/ . That's 50 right there and a lot of those are award/oscar winning movies.

I just saw two being previewed last night when I went to see Captain Phillips :pachaha:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I didn't really like it. And it could've been that some of the scenes were just hard to take in but I probably wouldn't watch again

breh I don't think this is a movie you are suppose to watch over and over. Its suppose to be that hard to watch.