Just saw 12 Years a Slave

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It shouldn't, but I keep forgetting that Mandela is coming out this year too.

No way do the Oscars give most of their nominations to black men. Tom Hanks is the only white man in a lead role who's got an Oscar buzz going for him this year.

If anybody should be knocked out of the running it SHOULD be Forrest Whittaker, but he made the type of film that white folks love and Jordan is so young they'll use the "He's got time to get more nominations" excuse to possibly exclude him.

12 years a slave is sounding like it's a lock for best picture, director, and screenplay though.

fukk FOREST c00nIKER AND fukk THE BUTLER

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are you talking about Narcissism ? Brad Pitt didn't write nor direct the movie.

He's the producer of the film. McQueen has said numerous times the movie wouldn't have gotten made or as much attention without Pitt.....who apparently plays the nicest most liberal white guy in the movie lol.

And a movie of this magnitude and with this subject matter shouldn't be shown in schools . I would say it's up to black parents to show their children and educate them on African American history.

fukk that, like I said in my other post, they made kids watch Schindlers list in schools (with parental consent) they should do the same with this.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He's the producer of the film. McQueen has said numerous times the movie wouldn't have gotten made or as much attention without Pitt.....who apparently plays the nicest most liberal white guy in the movie lol.

fukk that, like I said in my other post, they made kids watch Schindlers list in schools (with parental consent) they should do the same with this.

Oh ok I didn't know Pitt was a producer but I still wouldn't call that narcissism. Star actors produce their own movies all the time, it's actually the norm in Hollywood. Matter of fact I think Brad Pitt produces pretty much every movie he's starred in probably going back the last 10 or so years.

And his character was based upon a real life white guy who did indeed help Northup get his freedom by writing a letter to his wife letting him know where he was. So it's historically accurate

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
i don't understand how nikkas are hyping up another American slave movie as a must see... seeing my ancestors portrayed as weak and docile step-n-fetch it pussies whom are victimized by cacs over and over again with little to no resistance aint how i'm trying to spend my time.."Roots" and the other slave flicks were enough...personally I think the peckerwoods in the movie insutry only create these slave movie to reminisce on the good ole slavery days and promote white superamacy/black inferiority.

black people whom actually enjoy this bullshyt are the equivalent is self depricating cuckold cacs.

Name 5 other slave movies off the top off ur head.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What are you talking about Narcissism ? Brad Pitt didn't write nor direct the movie.

And a movie of this magnitude and with this subject matter shouldn't be shown in schools . I would say it's up to black parents to show their children and educate them on African American history.
Brad produced it

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Oh ok I didn't know Pitt was a producer but I still wouldn't call that narcissism. Star actors produce their own movies all the time, it's actually the norm in Hollywood. Matter of fact I think Brad Pitt produces pretty much every movie he's starred in probably going back the last 10 or so years.

And his character was based upon a real life white guy who did indeed help Northup get his freedom by writing a letter to his wife letting him know where he was. So it's historically accurate
Spoiler alert

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The scene where they left homie in the noose while he was on his tippy toes was so hard to watch ....That scene felt like it was 10 minutes...I felt myself gagging with him and shyt..while everyone in the background just went about their business ....powerful scene..

Last edited: