"Just learn to Code" they said... the TRUTH about Coding / Programming Jobs

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: this "poor me" mentality you be on isnt gonna get you anywhere Breh. This skill doesnt just fall on you. You work on this shyt everyday. You research, read on your own time. Its just how it is even for crackers and Asians.

You want to just sleep and wake up a master programmer? :snoop:

The fukk is your problem pal?

I'm just making brehs informed and aware of all that goes into this shyt. Things I wish I knew in the beginning. Things most articles and ads and videos don't tell people. Where in this post did I say something about poor me?

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Experience still counts for pay. There’s more of a market and will be more roles for sure, everyone is not capable of thinking on the high level required and demands and accountability of scrums and projects. Everyone can eat but it’ll be a differential of pay among skill set that’s going to follow with everyone thinking they can be a high performing coder and get paid accordingly

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Well maybe you should just keep it moving and stop discouraging young brehs (under the guise of "informing" them) who dont mind the grunt work. Obviously you dont, so :camby:

It's a very tedious discouraging road :yeshrug:

More people actually quit in the pursuit then people like you may realize. The average person isn't going to love this job or hang in there. It is what it is. I'm just tired of seeing all these ads and bootcamps encouraging people to do this and showing them how much money they could be making when realistically they leave out that this shyt is a long never ending frustrating grind that in most cases isn't as fruitful as they say.

Last edited:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Not to mention the average programmer isn't even really that good at programming. Google search "most programmers...." And the first suggestion is "can't program" ... There really is only a handful of really talented and skilled programmers/developers in this field in comparison with all the others...

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Not to mention the average programmer isn't even really that good at programming. Google search "most programmers...." And the first suggestion is "can't program" ... There really is only a handful of really talented and skilled programmers/developers in this field in comparison with all the others...
:mjlol: at you thinking you have to be talented to be successful at this field. Some of the senior guys in tech companies are about as average as you can get. You seem to have been defeated and nothing can convince you that you have the chops. Thats your problem though.

Plenty of talented cats get fired and blackballed daily in these companies. Talent aint got shyt to do with it, just like any other job. But you dont buy that, obviously :francis:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: at you thinking you have to be talented to be successful at this field. Some of the senior guys in tech companies are about as average as you can get. You seem to have been defeated and nothing can convince you that you have the chops. Thats your problem though.

Plenty of talented cats get fired and blackballed daily in these companies. Talent aint got shyt to do with it, just like any other job. But you dont buy that, obviously :francis:

Breh... I constantly look at job openings on the regular just to see what these companies talking about. The shyt they require from an applicant is ALWAYS unrealistic AF and super discouraging. Sure you can always freelance, but I'll check those sites too and see a bunch of Indians and others offering their services for dead cheap or even free. So on a grand scale, this coding shyt is a lot harder than people like you and all these articles and youtubers make it out to be. It's right there next to doctor's, lawyers, engineers and scientist.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Breh... I constantly look at job openings on the regular just to see what these companies talking about. The shyt they require from an applicant is ALWAYS unrealistic AF and super discouraging. Sure you can always freelance, but I'll check those sites too and see a bunch of Indians and others offering their services for dead cheap or even free. So on a grand scale, this coding shyt is a lot harder than people like you and all these articles and youtubers make it out to be. It's right there next to doctor's, lawyers, engineers and scientist.
You have no actual work experience in this field. That's why you don't even understand that most job descriptions are wishlists written by HR depts without any tech knowledge.

:russell:We get it. You couldn't cut it in programming.

Let the brehs who want to put in the work and get paid for it, get theirs. Let this woe is me thread fall off

The demand in this field is insane. If you're a breh looking for a rewarding career and willing to put in the work you will get paid very well

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
You have no actual work experience in this field. That's why you don't even understand that most job descriptions are wishlists written by HR depts without any tech knowledge.

Let the brehs who want to put in the work and get paid for it, get theirs. Let this woe is me thread fall off

The demand in this field is insane. If you're a breh looking for a rewarding career and willing to put in the work you will get paid very well

Stop repeating this "the demand is insane" bullshyt... The demand is insane with fast food workers too... What's your point? Demand is insane for most jobs requiring high skilled workers.

2018-03-28_metro_muro-whiton_race-representation_table.png

Black people only make 7% of programmers , 11% of all tech workers in total. Every black person whose experience I've read in tech or from their videos I've watched always say they've always been the only black person or one of two black people in their companies/office, etc. Most black people ain't even checking for programming to begin with so stop acting like I'm discouraging a big portion of black people from this industry. The reality is the shyt is tedious, not guaranteed to get a job, and constant learning process. Most people find their job frustrating and stressful AF and not worth it.

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I give it a few more years and the job market will crater just like I did in 2008. Especially once companies get used to everyone working remotely and hire more foreigners. My company is global and hires Americans as a last resort.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps

Breh realised that his fantasy of learning syntax and earning millions because of it wasnt realistic now he's on a compaign to discourage any black people wanting to get theirs in tech :mjlol:

I am self-taught and never attended a bootcamp, nor payed a single penny to learn how to code. Yet here I am in 2020 making a living off of this shyt solving business problems that generate millions yearly......yet one breh here thinks just cause he couldn't have the grits to keep grinding then it must be impossible as a black male. :snoop:

Hell, I spent half of today just coding and its a weekend. If you cant be happy with continually learning then the problem is YOU, not your competition.