"Just learn to Code" they said... the TRUTH about Coding / Programming Jobs

Daps
Sorta, kinda...maybe not. People in my small network know i'm looking but haven't been able to plug me with connects. I'm very anti- social media so not gonna jump on linkedin and be on my :feedme: tip

I think part of the issue is im quite private and wont put my business out there to get sympathy interview calls.

This ain't part of the problem, breh, I think it's the whole problem. :lupe:

I spent months searching for something and couldn't find anything but when I started reaching out to people and letting them know my situation, I got a lot of help. One tech career coach chic even redid my resume for me for free and other folks kept their ear to the ground to let me know when something opened up at their companies.

You gotta talk to people breh. And yes you have to use LinkedIn.

I'll even add you and you can start adding people from my network.

You know if you promise not to doxx me cause you see the rapist/pedo/tranny brigade on the coli is trying to take me down right now. :hhh:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
How’s your resume? People always say, if you’re not getting interviews then it’s your resume that’s the problem.
I mean, maybe it is the problem; but i've worked on it a few times since the start of my job search. I have decent experience and lots of experience working on open source software, so its not like employers can't look up things i've done. But then since none of them tell me why they reject my application, its hard to know exactly what are the weak points leading to me being overlooked .

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
my team let go of two developers/contractors already.

1st one because he was slow at his job and was making small mistakes.
2nd one because she was slow to complete her work and never asked for help

Reason why they let both go? they hired a 3rd developer who i aint gonna lie is very very good at his job. He saw how bad the two others were, and started complaining and making them look bad in meetings. So the project leader, let those 2 other developers go from the team. Now we're 2 dev short. Guess who's stuck doing most of the work and putting out fires?? That 3rd dev who's good at his job but inadvertently got the other two fired. This nikka complains alot about having too much work to do :dead:
White guy? They tend to do this a lot.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I mean, maybe it is the problem; but i've worked on it a few times since the start of my job search. I have decent experience and lots of experience working on open source software, so its not like employers can't look up things i've done. But then since none of them tell me why they reject my application, its hard to know exactly what are the weak points leading to me being overlooked .
That's the annoying part. This is a job they can get people from overseas to do for dirt cheap. Throw in AI and it's basically manual white collar labor. Like people with your skills and qualifications shouldn't be feeling imposter syndrome still (not saying you are, but in general).

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh check this. Don’t worry much about editing (reordering) your resume. Focus on adding all the tasks/projects you’ve worked on. When folks start looking to hire help they have certain tasks in mind. Tasks that they mention in the job description. If you’re comfortable with that, mention it in your resume.

Example. We were looking for a python developer years ago. The guy we went with listed all the scripting work he’s done in the past. And based on how he worded things I figured he knew what he was talking about. Plus he was very excited to talk about scripting. When I tested him he was definitely a junior. But a junior who is excited will become a senior in no time.

Find your passion. Then go into details about it on your resume. Trust, you’ll see good results.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
"passionate about scripting"? did someone (@) really write that?

:hhh:

no wonder our industry is f*****.

IT needs another world leader. something like engineering or nursing where saner minds lead the way.