Just got the Witcher 3

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn brehs i am enjoying the quests and stories in the game but i lowered the difficulty cause the combat is not rewarding nor enjoyable. :francis: Repeating the very start of that fukkin' botchling quest to have a wack ass fight with wraiths was the last straw. Now i can just enjoy the story :ehh:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
:banderas:. How can people hate this game? Maybe cause I'm a fan of the books but this is fun as hell. The story pulled me in instantly.

It's the most awarded game in the history of gaming...the haters are just jumping on some post hipster neo non conformist bullshyt.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It's the most awarded game in the history of gaming...the haters are just jumping on some post hipster neo non conformist bullshyt.
the combat sucks... a lot of people can't get past that.. it's not like some made up "i just don't like it" bullshyt... it's a legit gripe from even those who love it

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
the combat sucks... a lot of people can't get past that.. it's not like some made up "i just don't like it" bullshyt... it's a legit gripe from even those who love it
This ain't the kind of game where making it harder is rewarding. Play it on normal and enjoy the story.

I also gave up on the game first go round.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I agree. Combat is wack as fukk. They really need to work on that for the sequel. Plus the game's framerate seems to be choppy at times. And i have an extremely powerful system (i7, 980, 16 gig ram)

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I agree. Combat is wack as fukk. They really need to work on that for the sequel. Plus the game's framerate seems to be choppy at times. And i have an extremely powerful system (i7, 980, 16 gig ram)
Hah. I don't wanna know what you'd think about TW2's combat. I'm a known hater of that game but TW3 is probably at the least a top 2 favorite game of all time for me. The quests make it all worth it as does the fleshed out characters.

I have a decent system (these days) as I built it damn near 3 years ago on a my-MacBook-just-died-I-need-a-new-computer-but-would-like-to-game-and-also-not-spend-MacBook-money type deal. But I'm upgrading the gpu and adding more ram this year. I7 4770k, 280x, 8 gigs. Can't wait to upgrade it because kinda built it to future proof it for a good 6-7 yrs besides the obvious gpu/ram upgrades. And I'm half way through that and I run everything, including newer games like Rise of the TR still in high/ultra settings at least 40 most of the times. Dark areas is a smooth 69 still. I turn off be physx on the hair obviously with my card. Get rid of SSAO and take down some lighting and distance. And it's fukking gorgeous still.

I'm on my replay. Just bought Hearts of Stone but still only like 10 hours into my NG+.

My suggestion: utilize your signs more. Especially Yrden. Upgrade that as quickly as possible as the slowdowns make attacking that much more fun.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My suggestion: utilize your signs more. Especially Yrden. Upgrade that as quickly as possible as the slowdowns make attacking that much more fun.

Where did he say he didn't use the signs? :dwillhuh:

I used Yrden and the fire shield thing like 99% of the time - they were both a little OP, in hard difficulty at least.

Definitely the best part of the fighting was lighting up a group of humans with the smoke/fire bomb combo. :jawalrus:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I like the game but this argument is ass. Act like Titanic is the greatest movie ever because of the awards it won brehs. :usure:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Where did he say he didn't use the signs? :dwillhuh:

I used Yrden and the fire shield thing like 99% of the time - they were both a little OP, in hard difficulty at least.

Definitely the best part of the fighting was lighting up a group of humans with the smoke/fire bomb combo. :jawalrus:
I'm just assuming if folks hate the combat it's cause they don't utilize Yrden. Its usually true tho