Just got the Witcher 3

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"The Witcher 3" DLC is, no joke, better than most full games. Both of the DLCs. Missing out on it because you got the bad ending is a bigger L than getting the bad ending. You cats better fix that.

:ufdup:

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I looked up the worst ending and it seems like the choices made to get it are all late game choices. Probably not necessary to replay the whole game unless you just kept one save. Basically if you make logical supportive decisions to build that persons confidence in themselves you avoid the bad ending.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I looked up the worst ending and it seems like the choices made to get it are all late game choices. Probably not necessary to replay the whole game unless you just kept one save. Basically if you make logical supportive decisions to build that persons confidence in themselves you avoid the bad ending.
Nah, my last save i had was too late in the game :mjcry:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
"The Witcher 3" DLC is, no joke, better than most full games. Both of the DLCs. Missing out on it because you got the bad ending is a bigger L than getting the bad ending. You cats better fix that.

:ufdup:

Fred.
I know , but i already accepted that L. I can't help it. Can't let my boy Geralt go out like that :sadcam:.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Honestly, I dont remember which mission that was. I beat it like 6 months ago. One thing i do want to do is go back and kill a certain King tho, didn't take the boys up on that offer.

Knowing me i probably took the money tho :snoop:

@winb83

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Bruh, I haven't had it in me to move on to a totally new story in the DLC's with the original game ending like that. I literally just started all the way over this past weekend so i can change that shyt :russ:. I thought this feeling would go away but it's been like 6 months since i beat the damn game.

Word. Right after I got the ending I was like I'll just load an old save because I might have JUST done something wrong right? Nah b, once I looked up what I did wrong I was like fukk this. How they gonna punish us for trying to protect our girl :mjcry:

Nah, my last save i had was too late in the game :mjcry:
Just move onto New Game + and do over the entire main storyline plus DLCs, much more fun in NG+

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
It's amazing what time can do. I could never get into this. Got it shortly after it came out in 2015 on an impulse purchase due to word of mouth. Couldn't find any interest to save my life, and this was after putting in over 12 hours. Deleted it a few weeks later and didn't touch it nearly 3 years. Fast forward to a little over two weeks ago. I downloaded it again and gave it a go for the first time in three years. Just give it a final shot before forgetting it completely.

I can't put it down now. :what:

The "Ladies of The Woods" quest hooked me and the game hasn't let go since. It's the primary reason I've yet to begin 'GoW' or 'Become Human' yet despite having both at the ready. I still maintain that it's not the be-all-end-all its heralded as, but these side quests are better than many games' main stories. I enjoyed Assassins Creed Origins, but it looks low rent in comparison now. It's like, the difference between a homemade meal topped off with fresh squeezed lemonade vs a Hungry Man frozen meal from aisle 7 and a pack of kool-aid. Each quest-- not matter how big or small -- has dedicated cutscenes. There's so much detail here. It's undeniably impressive. Even Geralt is growing on me with his dark & dry humor in combination with his quick wit. I've been trying to leave for Skellige for the last three days but I keep finding lengthy quests and things to do. Even better, these quests are fleshed out to the extent that they could pass as campaign missions.

My only gripe is the combat. It's atrocious and I have no desire to bother with oils and potions, either. I put the game on the easiest difficulty and have focused soley on the narrative. Is it the best RPG I've played? No. I've enjoyed others more. Is it enjoyable once -- and if -- you can get into it? Absolutely. And I'll say that objectively, these are the best side quests I've seen in an open world RPG. These companies are going to have to begin coming correct because for me personally, this game has set the bar at a level that I'm not sure a lot of developers & writers can meet.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO

:rudy:

Putting the game on the easiest difficulty doesn't mean it's the difficulty I began with. There are plenty battles to fight. Fighting to claim that combat in this game is anything more than mediocre & tedious isnt one of them.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
:rudy:

Putting the game on the easiest difficulty doesn't mean it's the difficulty I began with. There are plenty battles to fight. Fighting to claim that combat in this game is anything more than mediocre & tedious isnt one of them.
Well this will be my battle then :childplease:

How are you going to incarnate a Witcher who hunts monsters if the difficulty setting don't create an incentive for you to act like one? :usure:

And the monsters in the beginning of the game are not representative of what's to come. You fight dogs at the beginning. The difficulty matters against real monsters and creatures.

When you play with the highest difficulty you have to know your enemies and learn about their weaknesses and strenghs so as to survive. If you don't prepare fights to come by healing, sharpening your weapons and armor, crafting adequate bombs and potions, you're running towards your death.

It forces you to stay on your toes the whole game and works as an incentive to develop your character through magic, new attack moves and abilities. It makes you want to explore all the more and find secret gear, new recipes for potions and bombs with crazy effects. You have to plan not only your fights in advance but also how you will develop your character and your style of fight.

The system is deep enough to keep you entertained for several playthroughs. During my first one I heavily focused on the ingenuity of my character and I invested in crafting bombs, potions and oils. I didn't use spells except for Yrden and I spent some points in heavy attack.
On another I was a full blown warrior. Now I can focus on magic or even some other type of combination.

Rushing through fight in easy mode is missing a huge part of the game :ufdup:

I understand that it's not everybody's cup of tea and I'm not saying my way of playing is the only right :hubie:

But when I see people criticize combat and then how they play it I can't help but see a correlation :hubie: ofc the combat's gonna suck if you just have to mash a button to get through the levels :manny:

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I can understand someone's complaint about combat and feeling like you're wasting time. Not necessarily witcher 3 which I think is pretty good. I hated the combat in the first witcher I stopped after about an hour, read the story online and played part 2 lol.