Just got the Witcher 3

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Well this will be my battle then :childplease:

How are you going to incarnate a Witcher who hunts monsters if the difficulty setting don't create an incentive for you to act like one? :usure:

And the monsters in the beginning of the game are not representative of what's to come. You fight dogs at the beginning. The difficulty matters against real monsters and creatures.

When you play with the highest difficulty you have to know your enemies and learn about their weaknesses and strenghs so as to survive. If you don't prepare fights to come by healing, sharpening your weapons and armor, crafting adequate bombs and potions, you're running towards your death.

It forces you to stay on your toes the whole game and works as an incentive to develop your character through magic, new attack moves and abilities. It makes you want to explore all the more and find secret gear, new recipes for potions and bombs with crazy effects. You have to plan not only your fights in advance but also how you will develop your character and your style of fight.

The system is deep enough to keep you entertained for several playthroughs. During my first one I heavily focused on the ingenuity of my character and I invested in crafting bombs, potions and oils. I didn't use spells except for Yrden and I spent some points in heavy attack.
On another I was a full blown warrior. Now I can focus on magic or even some other type of combination.

Rushing through fight in easy mode is missing a huge part of the game :ufdup:

I understand that it's not everybody's cup of tea and I'm not saying my way of playing is the only right :hubie:

But when I see people criticize combat and then how they play it I can't help but see a correlation :hubie: ofc the combat's gonna suck if you just have to mash a button to get through the levels :manny:

You've been cordial so no disrespect big dog, but you could have easily posted this

I understand that it's not everybody's cup of tea

and left it at that.

I've beaten Bloodborne twice.

I've beaten Horizon on UH four times.

I only play TLOU on Grounded.

You can not convince me that there is something wrong with me for not enjoying a combat system that has been nigh universally critiqued in an otherwise acclaimed game. It's clunky and tedious, and I had more fun once I stopped trying to play on the higher difficulties and dropped it all the way down. The strength of this game isn't its' combat, and there are entirely too many different complaints for it to be a case of everyone "playing it the wrong way." The oils and "prep time" shyt? Isn't fun to me. The combat system in general? Isn't enjoyable to me. I'm glad you liked it, but I prefer to get through it as quickly as possible so I can focus on the narrative and stories.

Personally.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
You've been cordial so no disrespect big dog, but you could have easily posted this

and left it at that.

I've beaten Bloodborne twice.

I've beaten Horizon on UH four times.

I only play TLOU on Grounded.

You can not convince me that there is something wrong with me for not enjoying a combat system that has been nigh universally critiqued in an otherwise acclaimed game. It's clunky and tedious, and I had more fun once I stopped trying to play on the higher difficulties and dropped it all the way down. The strength of this game isn't its' combat, and there are entirely too many different complaints for it to be a case of everyone "playing it the wrong way." The oils and "prep time" shyt? Isn't fun to me. The combat system in general? Isn't enjoyable to me. I'm glad you liked it, but I prefer to get through it as quickly as possible so I can focus on the narrative and stories.

Personally.
No worries. I'm not even really trying to convince you, I just like rambling and talking about the game :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

As much as I liked that game I couldn't do more than 60 hours. It just got too repetitive for me after that point.

That being said I question this. Seems like an act to gain appeal points with nerds and geeks.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I just beat the game about a week ago after not fukking with the game initially. I think the game is a solid 24 to 25/30. I enjoyed the story, lore, characters, and the world-building. The combat grew on me once I realized how to use the signs and potions together during battles. My biggest gripes come from the glitches, bugs and crashes I've experienced playing the game. Still haven't played the two DLC's yet either

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I loved the witcher 2 but I couldn't get into tw3. The open world just felt empty and redundant to me. A bunch of people in the city that just had one line and at times the dialouge was just too long. Im still going to finish it but it became a chore at times

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I've been sleeping on this game for too long. Granted I wasn't gaming when the game came out. I decide to play it on my Switch and honestly, it does fairly well. The open-world is definitely the biggest downgrade here but if that is important to you would be playing it on any of the other systems. To me, it is one of the most impressive looking games on the system.
The game is a freaking godsend to any RPG fans. The story and the writing are just :wow:
With that being said the game is not perfect. Combat can feel clunky and character upgrades/customization are very meh. But you can overlook those flaws as this is easily a classic.

On my first playthrough I ended up with the bad ending. And it had me like. :mjcry:
But it's crazy that the dialogue options that you don't think matters too much ends up having a drastic impact on Ciri at the end.
With that being said I didn't even visit Emhyr. But if any of you complained about getting the bad ending and sold Ciri out then shame on you :ufdup:
With that being said the other 4 dialogue scenarios were kind of iffy but looking back it makes sense why Ciri would prefer the particular dialog options coming from Geralt.

I definitely will be playing Witcher 2 on the series X when I finish the spring semester.

Last edited:

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Haven’t played in a MINUTE but I was enjoying myself on DLCs still.

Forgot most of controls so cant be bothered to play rn