Just got back from seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past

RapExpert

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FC will always be the goat for me. This is still a good film, but Low key, i enjoyed the future scenes more than the stuff from the 70's.
Me also, I was thinking the whole time like I can't wait for them to get back into the future but most of the film is in the past, the last film was set in the past so I wanted to see more of the newer Xmen (past the 70's)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it again for the 2nd time today and I can honestly say this was the best X-Men movie out of the whole series. They re-booted the franchise in a very smart way in my opinion.

Them future Sentinels were nothing to fukk with. Seeing them literally ADAPT to every mutant they fight with and kill them at their own game had me like :damn:

There were some corny lines here and there but it didn't really take away from the movie.

When Magneto got them demo Sentinels and brought that whole stadium to white house just to fukk shyt up my only reaction was "Welp Erik gonna Erik :shaq2:"

Young Xavier was acting like a bytch though out a good potion of the movie but when his older self pretty much told him to stop acting like a bytch in a nice way he finally got his swag back like :win:

Jennifer Lawence as Mystique was :noah:...she looked even better in that make up then Rebecca Romijn. When she said, "Whats the matter baby I don't look pretty enough for you?" I would have went :noah:

To be honest, after she is done with the Hunger Games movies I wouldn't be surprised if they do a spin off of just her character. Especially after that ending which could lead into the next Wolverine movie.

Oh yeah were some plotholes in this:

Like how did Logan get his metal craws back?

How did Ellen Page get her Back To The Future powers?

How did Magneto regain his powers after X3?

How did Xavier restore himself at the end of X3?

What happened to that Asian sidekick chick from Wolverine 2?

And that's all i can think of..

The after credits scene though :lupe:

I guess business is about to pick up soon...can somebody explain whats about to go down in the coming movies?..

For the plot holes, I think Singer decided it'll be a waste of exposition that wouldn't push the story along and therefore not worth explaining, but you can DEDUCE logically these as being off-screen events. For instance, it is easy to assume that Magneto gave Wolverine his claws back in order to help fight the Sentinels as hinted at the end of The Wolverine movie. And Kitty Pryde powers have evolved similar to Jean Greys over the the years.

As for Magneto and Xavier, they clued you in to it at the END of X3....Magneto at the end was able to most the chess piece meaning "the cure" was merely temporary. Xavier was able to move his consciousness to another body that was in a coma in the after credits of X3. You can assume with Kitty Pryde's powers to move people back in time with Xavier capability to move his consciousness, like they did with Wolverine, you can assume she tried it on him and move him back in time to the limit extent of her powers. As for the Asian chick, whut's the point of her? In the future, the majority of mutants were dead.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
give the movie an A....the acting was magnificent (that fassbender scene on the plane :banderas:), the story was great (singer did a fantastic job of interweaving the future and past scenes), the fukkin mutants vs sentinels fights were brutal as fuk (they did my dudes dirty multiple times :to:), and i liked that the ending pretty much erased the 3rd and origins movie completely :ahh:.....my only quips were very miniscule (bishops power being minimized to just using a gun and it could've used more quicksilver) but all in all the movie was dope and its right behind X2 for me :obama:
Mags and Charles abandonment conversation was intense.

As I said in the other thread, they did a great job on making the future look leak and hopeless

Every mutant's death scene was brutal (They actually killed them twice :whoo:). Colossus getting torn apart, Iceman's head being ripped off in his 1st death scene and melted in the 2nd.

Link to end credits scene. Get it while it lasts

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Just got back and this was easily the best in the series imo... Great mix of action and dialog. Future sentinals were beasts, and the reason for them being so strong made sense as well. I might actually pay to see it again

Gotta give singer credit for essentially rebooting the entire franchise, and it was done in a dope way. The dynamic between X and Erik was even better than 1st class. Anyone else notice they killed storm and bishop 1st :mjpls: And logan seeing everyone at the end... Scott hit em with the :troll: :laugh:

And i was a lil disappointed Apocalypse is gonna be a white dude :dry: if thats accurate to the comics its then its news to me. But im excited for where they go from here :blessed:

rino

Rookie
Daps
this movie is top 10 superhero material
shat on every mcu movie imo
best x men movie by far and even managed to make up for x3
i know nikkas are tired of hugh jackman but cmon
dude is perfect for wolverine and always kills it
besides i never felt this was a lead wolverine movie honestly
felt much more about charles and erik
james macovy killed this shyt
dude is so slept on
his scene with patrick stewart :wow:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's a B+ movie. A notch below the 1st movie. Bryan Sanger had some hand in the 1 nude scene in that film. Bryan probably told him to do it for the ladies while that niguh had him shoot that scene for 5 hours :gag:Not a comic book fan but I love that they keep that adult comic book feel to it. That won't translate well at the box office though in the long run. But these X-Men movies just feel like regular movies. Whereas Marvel to me, it's more about fun. But with their cheesy dialogue, I just can't take it as serious films for the most part (Cap.2 is an exception for example). But it's nothing wrong with that with the audience they're trying to reach.

Michael Fas/Magneto killed it again. His swag is just crazy. Same thing with Quicksilver. Makes me wanna see a solo movie with him. Best parts to me is still the tension between Charles and Erik.

The Sentinels themselves weren't that impressive. I wanted out of the "future" as much as possible. It was way better in the past. And Jennifer is Jennifer. And the midget is the midget. You already know what to expect from them as actors.