Just got back from seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
For the brehs who have seen it

Did anybody else's movie theatre gasp in a "oh shiiiiiit" way :gladbron: When Cyclops appeared and gave Wolvy the :ufdup:

or was it just my theatre :lupe:
I think the crowd's reaction is a testament to Cyclops' character. Even though he was pretty badly written in the OG trilogy, people are still interested in the character.

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Just got back from seeing it a 2nd time, this time in 3D. Still like it as much as I did the 1st time. I didn't even notice the 1st time around that in the 2nd future battle, Blink was using the sentinels' energy blasts against each other. Blink definitely had the best display of powers next to Quicksilver. I also didn't notice that Bishop pulled a kamikaze when the 3 sentinels were blasting him, and that Sunspot got his arm cut off in the 2nd battle. Sunspot's a G for getting his arm cut off and still blasting sentinels with his one good arm.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Just got back from seeing it a 2nd time, this time in 3D. Still like it as much as I did the 1st time. I didn't even notice the 1st time around that in the 2nd future battle, Blink was using the sentinels' energy blasts against each other. Blink definitely had the best display of powers next to Quicksilver. I also didn't notice that Bishop pulled a kamikaze when the 3 sentinels were blasting him, and that Sunspot got his arm cut off in the 2nd battle. Sunspot's a G for getting his arm cut off and still blasting sentinels with his one good arm.

Is Bobby a G for getting his head pulled off and then stepped on ...

And I agree, Blinks power with those portals was nice..

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
X men comic heads... Can someone suggest a good book with apocalypse? Origins, involvement with X Men, anything really. Let me know.

personally, i really don't like the execution of apocalypse as a villain in the now marvel universe.
i never really liked him as a villain in the original xfactor with ship, either.
as i don't really like impervious supervillains, with written up origins after they exist.
the whole angel is confused as dark angel/death horse men of the apocalypse was great storyline writing.
except i just can't deal with scott summers as the leader, in those issues of xfactor.
as, imo...the original incarnation of the xmen as xfactor was weak as hell.

imo, the best part about the big A guy is around xfactor 61-63, when whilce portacio's run started.

which explains the dayskani/dayspring clan, and what is to become of infant nate.
other than that,..it is a bunch of alternate dimension shyt[which i always hate along with alternate dimension shyt past days of future's past the real storyline, and imo, the only time an alternate time line dimension story made sense outside of terminator] and pisspoor late nineties writers fukk'n up the x-titles to unreadable levels.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Went to see it again and one of the one of the dopest aspects of this movie imo that no one talks about is Xavier being a junkie... When they showed him with that needle is was like :ohhh:... Probably becasue i feel like X was always "perfect" and it was dope to see his fall/rise

that was that bullshyt i did not like about firstclass, the movie everyone likes.
fc, tried to write out important arcs and more relevent villains to what occurs in the movie franchise.
while then, trying to promote others.
like mags is and should not be responsible for xavier being in a wheelchair.
you keep that as the shadow king, and build a movie to show storm's origin.
plus, how it is connected to xavier.
not just toss it all on mag's as a villian.

personally, they just jumped the gun and brought in apocalypse with no fukk'n setup.
to re-fukk up the frachise in one small after credits shot, like usual.

so, now we are back where we were before days of future's past.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He doesnt need to be the voice just the figure...

just imagine how shytty the "luke I am your father" lines sounded before James Earl Jones ... actually its hard to imagine since he didnt say the line anyway... lucas only told Mark to get the proper reactionbut kept that line secret until recording

no matter who does it .... it might need vocal effects anyway

imo, james earl jones is the only guy who could play apocalypse as a voice.

although, leonard nimoy was godly as the voice of sentinel prime in the last transformer.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What do you mean they were still being designed? The designs were finished and the sentinels were ready to show off at that summit where Mystique was supposed to assassinate the midget.. They were already operational and just needed to be sold to a nation..

In the previous movies they didn't need her blood since they already had it when she was captured and experimented on immediately after she killed the midget

You would think the sentinels would have at least been sent out during last stand when Magneto and Phoenix had that army and took over Alcatraz since the sentinel program was initiated back in the 70s, but its almost like the govenrment barely new mutants existed until X3

it is a fox movie,...
they always fukk it up, breh,...
they always fukk it up

art barr

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw this today.

• I enjoyed it. Best XMen movie yet. Better than First Class :salute:
  • I liked that it was a Charles Xavier/Magneto movie. The two actors playing them in the past (Fassbender/McAvoy) definitely justified the amount of screen time they got. They were both great:win:
  • Fassbender's Magneto IMO is the best live action comic book super villain to date. Bad bad dude with sick powers. He doesn't come off as a joke like some of the villains in these comic book movies, you, as the audience empathize with his feelings no matter how fukked up his motives are, and you know he is serious. Fassbender has a presence about him when he is on screen. Dude is magnetic:banderas:
  • Enjoyed Quicksilver's small cameo. One of the highlights of the movie:whoo:
  • Those future Sentinels were gully as fukk. No fukks given:beli:

Good movie. Solid 8/10:myman:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
who was that fake ass human torch in this movie?

some copyrights had to be infringed upon with that guy