Just for the record, you IT dudes aint sh!t

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
THE "IT GUY" COVERS A BROAD SPECTRUM OF PEOPLE. THE GRUNTS LIKE ME GO OUT AND ACTUALLY DO WORK DON'T GET PAID ALL THAT MUCH. THEN THERE ARE THE GUYS WHO YOU DON'T SEE WHO RUN shyt. THOSE GUYS GET WAY MORE THAN US.

I'm part of the guys you don't see.......... BUT DONT say it isn't work. Its work all the time. At home. On weekends.. Dealing with client facing (if that's part of ur role) Dealing with random other sh1t that's out of your control. Dealing with grunts like you who might be network, or might be a developer who's disgruntle.

Plus in IT the stacks are high because people pay sooooooo much for our combined services. And all it takes is one java guy to implant some sh1t that fcks up 6 months worth of work (true story).

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
is that why u put the :whoa: brakes on that divorce :ohhh:??

nope. i'm good financially on my own. i make 75k from my job, plus i have several side hustles that are off the books (legal). so i'm good with money. i just realized that i was making a terrible mistake and I turned the situation around. we were fighting about something that was petty. so i squashed it and we are SUPER good now....:win:

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
oh so you mad cuz i have my own office space... make my own appointments, take as many breaks as i want, even leave work to pick bytches up, smoke a blunt then come back to work without being asked where i was?? Oh, i know why you mad, its cuz i work at a university and during the summer we only work 4 days a week and still get paid for 5??
oh you mad cuz during the winter the slightest snow storm we close school and i still get paid?? or is it because im fukking the students and staff???

all this luxury and what do i have to show for it.... an A+ cert which i took back in 2001??? :umad:

:obama::myman:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
get some cert. then get some hoes.. then get some more hoes. because They need programmers and infrastructure guys everywhere and you can always increase your pay if you stay on top of certs. It's really that simple.
Certs wouldn't give me a pay increase. I'm a java developer. The thing that would get me promoted is to lead projects.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
nope. i'm good financially on my own. i make 75k from my job, plus i have several side hustles that are off the books (legal). so i'm good with money. i just realized that i was making a terrible mistake and I turned the situation around. we were fighting about something that was petty. so i squashed it and we are SUPER good now....:win:

You killed the sister-in-law and buried her?

Just kidding.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
SOMEBODY NEED TO MAKE A "fukk THE END USER" THREAD. I COULD TALK ALL DAY ABOUT THIS.

OLE TALK TO ME 30MINS ABOUT WHY YOUR COMPUTER IS RUNNING SLOWER THAN USUAL WHEN I COULD BE POSTING IN A SIERRA MIST THREAD. fukk THE END USER.

MY PHONE TEXT FROM 2 DAYS AGO

DUMBASS: HEY MY PC WON'T POWER UP.
ME: IS IT PLUGGED IN?
DUMBASS: I'M NOT AN IDIOT.
ME: IS IT PLUGGED IN OR NOT?
DUMBASS: ...
ME: ???????
DUMBASS: I FIXED IT.
ME: 1 STAR NEG REP
DUMBASS: ??????
ME: HAVE A GOOD ONE KIMMY.
DUMBASS: THANKS HON :smile:

:snoop:

:russ: You lowkey one of the funnier nikkas on here. I used to be like :beli: when I saw the ALL CAPS but it compliments your posting :obama:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Certs wouldn't give me a pay increase. I'm a java developer. The thing that would get me promoted is to lead projects.

Depending on where you live I may be able to help you.

anyway, get a webservices background. Work on advance projects, etc.

Two things you could do is go the PMP route after leading a project. Also, maybe you should consider transferring to Android Developer.... more jobs for that are opening up and there's always new companies seeking that.

Daps
You're complaining about help desk. The Coli ballers here are supposedly bringing down 6 figures.

That aint help desk bread breh.

The guys you're complaining about don't make any money, which is why you're frustrated with them.

The same frustration you feel about calling them is the same way they feel about having to pick up the phone.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You're complaining about help desk. The Coli ballers here are supposedly bringing down 6 figures.

That aint help desk bread breh.

The guys you're complaining about don't make any money, which is why you're frustrated with them.

The same frustration you feel about calling them is the same way they feel about having to pick up the phone.

I feel you breh. And I know all them notions...but nonetheless the fact that all the issues occur in the first place...the head honchos should get a hold of that. Then again i dont know what the organization/structure is in IT so :manny:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I'm part of the guys you don't see.......... BUT DONT say it isn't work. Its work all the time. At home. On weekends.. Dealing with client facing (if that's part of ur role) Dealing with random other sh1t that's out of your control. Dealing with grunts like you who might be network, or might be a developer who's disgruntle.

Plus in IT the stacks are high because people pay sooooooo much for our combined services. And all it takes is one java guy to implant some sh1t that fcks up 6 months worth of work (true story).

I WORDED THAT WRONG. I SHOULD HAVE SAID "DOES THE VISIBLE WORK". I KNOW YOU GUYS DO YOUR THING TOO. RESPECT.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Serious note dont want to judge people but the help desk group at my location are horrible. For one they arent IT educated and if they are they will try and get promoted.

With desktop you have your good techs and bad techs but that is everywhere.

yup. When i was at the help desk most of them didnt know shyt. They were more of the customer service types then techs.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
SOMEBODY NEED TO MAKE A "fukk THE END USER" THREAD. I COULD TALK ALL DAY ABOUT THIS.

OLE TALK TO ME 30MINS ABOUT WHY YOUR COMPUTER IS RUNNING SLOWER THAN USUAL WHEN I COULD BE POSTING IN A SIERRA MIST THREAD. fukk THE END USER.

MY PHONE TEXT FROM 2 DAYS AGO

DUMBASS: HEY MY PC WON'T POWER UP.
ME: IS IT PLUGGED IN?
DUMBASS: I'M NOT AN IDIOT.
ME: IS IT PLUGGED IN OR NOT?
DUMBASS: ...
ME: ???????
DUMBASS: I FIXED IT.
ME: 1 STAR NEG REP
DUMBASS: ??????
ME: HAVE A GOOD ONE KIMMY.
DUMBASS: THANKS HON :smile:

:snoop:

:dead:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I GOTTA BUILD A COMPUTER TOMORROW FOR A GUY THAT WANTS A FASTER COMPUTER. HE ALREADY HAS AN I5 PROCESSOR. HIS MONEY SHRUG. I'M GOING TO SEE IF I CAN GET THAT I5 OFF HIM FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

THIS GUY TRIED TO CONVINCE ME THAT HIS COPY MACHINE HAD A VIRUS. I WAS :dead: THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS EXPLAINING IT TO ME.

I WAS ACCUSED OF NOT DOING ANY WORK BECAUSE I NEVER CHECK OUT A LAPTOP WHEN I DO FIELD SERVICE WORK. WHEN I SHOWED THEM HOW I USE MY TABLET TO EMAIL AND USE THE COMPANY WEBSITE TO LOG STUFF THE HATE WAS SCORCHING MY FACE FROM ACROSS THE DESK.