Just for the record, you IT dudes aint sh!t

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Engineering is harder and more prestigious than IT but it seems like you guys get paid way more to do fukk all. I definitely picked the wrong major but then again I dont plan on having a "job" much longer.
I realize now suffering thru EE all htose years was unnecessary. I remember making fun of my boi who was an IT major about how easy his classes were. now that nikka jus gives me the :russ:

Took me less than 2 years out of school to realize the ceiling for EE was much lower compared to IT :ohhh:

Just wanna be clear tho if you are getting paid in that upper 150k+ range in IT, the type of work you're probably doing is nowhere near "fukk all"

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ERP>>>>IT
Right now Oracle Functional Analyst....much more lucrative career than IT

Programmers are Software Development...not IT

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm bored so I guess I'll answer the OP's question

For any of ya'll who work in the corporate world come in here and share your displeasure with these certified nikkas. For all the acclaim they get they really dont work as well as they ought too.

Why is the printer network always fukking up on Friday during the busy period?

Probably because it's Friday, everyone is using it, so there's network congestion. Is the printer on it's own VLAN? Is print server running low on resources? Is it an old printer that just needs to be replaced?

Why does it take 6 of you to finally fix an issue I have with the server/internet?

Because if there's a problem with the internet, more than likely multiple teams would need to be involved to determine the source. Is it the ISP that's fukking up? Is the web filter causing issues? Is it a firewall problem? Is there a virus or faulty application creating broadcast storms? If it's a server issue is it a database, application, or authorization problem?

Why do ya'll helpdesk nikkas put on fuzzy, scratchy ass music when putting me on hold?

That's not IT's call typically. It usually comes from someone at the director/C-level.

Why are you always updating the software? Each time I try to notice what changes have been made and I dont see nann changes. :usure:

Software needs to be updated because software has bugs. You should be concerned if there aren't updates because that means the company is no longer supporting the software. Applications have tons of vulnerabilities. I can embed a picture in this post that has an exploit in it that soon as your browser loads the image in memory, I now have admin access to your machine, can install a keylogger, and open up a persistent reverse telnet session to your computer.

Why is my outlook constanly lagging and keeping messages in my outbox :facepalm:?

Probably because the Exchange server is either not properly managed or over capacity. Might need a consultant to come in and determine the problem

Yes I'm :mad:. Ya'll need to get it together before them Indians out in New Dehli catch up and body all ya'll asses for half the salary. :childplease:

Funny you say that because IT companies tried that back in the early 2000s. They ended up bringing all that shyt back to the US because of shytty end user support and customer service. Also everything can't be outsourced. You'll need staff on premise for a lot of shyt.

Also having a cert just means you passed an exam, the same way being a lawyer means you passed the bar. Doesn't mean you're good at what you do.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You're complaining about help desk. The Coli ballers here are supposedly bringing down 6 figures.

That aint help desk bread breh.

The guys you're complaining about don't make any money, which is why you're frustrated with them.

The same frustration you feel about calling them is the same way they feel about having to pick up the phone.

99% of the IT cats on this site don't make 6 figures though, and even if you look in the IT career thread, most of em admit that.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I feel you breh. And I know all them notions...but nonetheless the fact that all the issues occur in the first place...the head honchos should get a hold of that. Then again i dont know what the organization/structure is in IT so :manny:

That's what most end users don't realize. There are multiple systems and layers as to why there is a service outage. Just using the example of the internet, it could be a cabling, power, routing, switching, hardware utilization, database, configuration, authentication, authorization, or security problem that is the reason why you can't get to facebook. And then you have to figure out which one of those problems it is, find someone on the team who's responsible for that sub system, figure out what cause the problem in the first place, then fix it. All that shyt takes time.

It's not as simple as "Oh word the internet is down? My bad, I must have accidentally hit the "Break the Internet" button. It should be working now."

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like going around my floor and going into people's office quickly and watching these dudes do "Ctrl + W" or click their mouse quickly to close out their browsers. I don't even need shyt from them I just do it so they gotta close out the article or video they were in the middle of watching. The look on their face:stopitslime: make me :pachaha: