Just for the record, you IT dudes aint sh!t

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
:bryan: pretty soon when this business relationship manager is hired, I won't have to talk to you fake smiling corporate motherfckas at all...soon I'll be telling you a$$holes to just relay your issue to my "BRM" :umad:

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
damn you make that much :leostare:

You really making 300K? Serious question.

Beyond that though, believe me I have the potential to be making that much before I'm 30. No kidding.

:russ: naw.....i'm exaggerating. i make 75k a year (just got a raise :steviej:)

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
A lot of hate here.
But just because you are in IT and married doesn't mean you are flabby and sick.
Not everyone in IT makes six figures. I've yet to get there. I'm a programmer with a degree and no certifications. I'm not banging women left and right and going off to fancy vacations and driving a fancy car. IT is good work and depending on your company, the IT department is a vital part of the company/organization whether it is computer/software development or other industry where the IT department is a supporting department.

I did a career change and was a cop for a couple of years. I liked the job but the pay sucked. Work conditions varied. I also have had other jobs in the past. So the two good things about IT are 1. pay is good and 2. there are a lot of IT jobs out there, and most cities have IT jobs, but sometimes, you have to move to make it happen.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I love taking executive lunches (which mean more than one hour) and watching other people work their asses off.

One thing I love is telling users ummm I am going to research the issue even if u know it because u don't feel like doing shyt.

Walking around the hospital hallways smelling like dolce gabanna and dress fly just talking to nurses.

Leaving work hours early to go home because you are salary fukkin hourly peasants

Making doctors steam full of anger because you tell them oh you are wrong this is what we need to do and they suck it up because they need you.

Meetings all day not doing shyt.

I cant complain I worked hard in school I deserve this shyt.

:ahh: hospital IT.......:obama::salute:

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love taking executive lunches (which mean more than one hour) and watching other people work their asses off.

One thing I love is telling users ummm I am going to research the issue even if u know it because u don't feel like doing shyt.

Walking around the hospital hallways smelling like dolce gabanna and dress fly just talking to nurses.

Leaving work hours early to go home because you are salary fukkin hourly peasants

Making doctors steam full of anger because you tell them oh you are wrong this is what we need to do and they suck it up because they need you.

Bruh, i always wanted to work in a hospital, nurses be like :noah: I think i might have to relocate my network engineering skillset

The crazy best part of IT is that its the same thing no matter where you go. Damn near can work at any company in the world.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Bruh, i always wanted to work in a hospital, nurses be like :noah: I think i might have to relocate my network engineering skillset

The crazy best part of IT is that its the same thing no matter where you go. Damn near can work at any company in the world.

Hell yeah man Healthcare and IT are intergrated heavily which I had no idea. We have vendors such GE etc.... their technicians come to my hospital like yeah man com abrod we make 120 easily a year going to hospitals handling our systems.

You have applications which need programmers interface database support its crazy man.

I went to school for networkinf got a job as a clinical system analyst learning doctor/nurse language and information with my tech skills on the fly. Great career you can have.

I dont even want to talk about the ladies.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Do you have any cisco certs because you can consult at hospitals whenour healthcare network was implementing Cisco Voip etc... at the newly build hospital they hired a guy who consults by himself who had all the major Cisco certs and he was charging 400 an hour. He did like 2 jobs a month.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Hell yeah man Healthcare and IT are intergrated heavily which I had no idea. We have vendors such GE etc.... their technicians come to my hospital like yeah man com abrod we make 120 easily a year going to hospitals handling our systems.

You have applications which need programmers interface database support its crazy man.

I went to school for networkinf got a job as a clinical system analyst learning doctor/nurse language and information with my tech skills on the fly. Great career you can have.

I dont even want to talk about the ladies.
:ohhh:

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you have any cisco certs because you can consult at hospitals whenour healthcare network was implementing Cisco Voip etc... at the newly build hospital they hired a guy who consults by himself who had all the major Cisco certs and he was charging 400 an hour. He did like 2 jobs a month.
Non, company i work at i do pretty much everything but i got the job out of college without needing any certs.

I'm interested tho, whats the certs i should be working with? I pretty much have the knowledge already, learned networking engineering, programming, coding websites and accessing databases. shyt should be a cake walk from here

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I was in the corporate world IT muthaphuckas were the bottom of the barrel. They were respected by no one and treated like shyt and abused by the CACs on the trading floor. IT nikkas were the digital janitors of the company.

Only on the Coli is there a meme of IT nikkas being paid or being respected. Most of these IT nikkas on here prolly only have that bullshyt ass A+ certification and swap out keyboards for a living.

This is pretty much true.

So is this.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I worked in hospital IT in the past. The IT department was located in a separate office building that they rented in the downtown area of the city. The hospital was miles away. No nurses or fly women around.
I kind of wished I stayed longer and built up my experience. I ended up chasing money, and quit the hospital IT job for another company that offered me big a sign-on bonus. That was well before the whole IT bubble bursted.