Just for the record, you IT dudes aint sh!t

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
what my homeboy (and fellow "IT Guy") told me the other day about his conversation with an end user:

EU: i can't login to my computer. my password isn't working.
homey: ok. what is your password?
EU: :merchant:
homey: can you tell me your password?
EU: :snoop: the password is....................BUKAKKE
homey: :obama::russ::laff: *in his mind, but he kept the poker face*
EU: :sadcam::snoop::dead:

:laff:

Gunshi

Reboot Coming…
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
For any of ya'll who work in the corporate world come in here and share your displeasure with these certified nikkas. For all the acclaim they get they really dont work as well as they ought too.

Why is the printer network always fukking up on Friday during the busy period?

Why does it take 6 of you to finally fix an issue I have with the server/internet?

Why do ya'll helpdesk nikkas put on fuzzy, scratchy ass music when putting me on hold?

Why are you always updating the software? Each time I try to notice what changes have been made and I dont see nann changes. :usure:

Why is my outlook constanly lagging and keeping messages in my outbox :facepalm:?

Yes I'm :mad:. Ya'll need to get it together before them Indians out in New Dehli catch up and body all ya'll asses for half the salary. :childplease:

oh so you mad cuz i have my own office space... make my own appointments, take as many breaks as i want, even leave work to pick bytches up, smoke a blunt then come back to work without being asked where i was?? Oh, i know why you mad, its cuz i work at a university and during the summer we only work 4 days a week and still get paid for 5??
oh you mad cuz during the winter the slightest snow storm we close school and i still get paid?? or is it because im fukking the students and staff???

all this luxury and what do i have to show for it.... an A+ cert which i took back in 2001??? :umad:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
what my homeboy (and fellow "IT Guy") told me the other day about his conversation with an end user:

EU: i can't login to my computer. my password isn't working.
homey: ok. what is your password?
EU: :merchant:
homey: can you tell me your password?
EU: :snoop: the password is....................BUKAKKE
homey: :obama::russ::laff: *in his mind, but he kept the poker face*
EU: :sadcam::snoop::dead:

I JUST RESET PASSWORDS. I DON'T EVEN ASK.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
When I was in the corporate world IT muthaphuckas were the bottom of the barrel. They were respected by no one and treated like shyt and abused by the CACs on the trading floor. IT nikkas were the digital janitors of the company.

Only on the Coli is there a meme of IT nikkas being paid or being respected. Most of these IT nikkas on here prolly only have that bullshyt ass A+ certification and swap out keyboards for a living.

:deadrose:

Gunshi

Reboot Coming…
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
All the IT guys want to stop by and saunter in my doorway with their jibber jabber and small talk that never ends - and they get offended if you cut the conversation short. My office is really fast paced with lots of time sensitive deadlines, nobody wants to hear nerdisms about the 3 possible theories for why our network may be acting up. Just fix it and let me be.

75k in Houston goes a long way :ehh: Especially if your spouse/partner pulls in a decent amount.

and i dont like customers who talk to much...... just tell me enough and ill figure the rest on my own..... i cant stand staff/faculty who just keeps running their mouth while i work on their computers.... next thing you know they talkin me into coming to their homes to fix their shyt....extra money is cool but talkative ppl turn me off... however, if its a mature and she looking ok.... i might make that trip and fix her issues at home

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think theres a bit of misconception as to what jobs people in "IT" do

most people think that IT means you're some fukkboy Nick Burns type who troubleshoots computer problems and fixes printers and other remedial shyt like that.
IT also includes people that work in systems development and shyt. business analysts, QA engineers, testers, developers, project managers, requirements engineers, technical directors, technical leads.. these are the titles of people in the line of work that i'm in, ppl involved in the sdlc.
none of the people i work with including myself have shyt like A+ certifications or MCSE because it would be useless for what we do. a developer or project manager or tester etc would never use shyt like that, it would be like being excellent at photoshop but you work the cash register at footlocker. :manny:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
IT dudes are really awesome people. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
When I was in the corporate world IT muthaphuckas were the bottom of the barrel. They were respected by no one and treated like shyt and abused by the CACs on the trading floor. IT nikkas were the digital janitors of the company.

Only on the Coli is there a meme of IT nikkas being paid or being respected. Most of these IT nikkas on here prolly only have that bullshyt ass A+ certification and swap out keyboards for a living.

I used to work in IT at my old company, and that shyt is true. but not to the extent as u said. and that's only probably cuz I did it in the health care industry.

my boy who is a commodoties broker used to tell me how much they company paid their IT dudes, and it was laughable. and they were treated like dirt.

man, I got tired of helping a bunch of dummies and repeating the same shyt a million times. it was getting old, which is why I transitioned to health informatics instead.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Hell yeah man Healthcare and IT are intergrated heavily which I had no idea. We have vendors such GE etc.... their technicians come to my hospital like yeah man com abrod we make 120 easily a year going to hospitals handling our systems.

You have applications which need programmers interface database support its crazy man.

I went to school for networkinf got a job as a clinical system analyst learning doctor/nurse language and information with my tech skills on the fly. Great career you can have.

I dont even want to talk about the ladies.

this was the one thing i wish i knew back then when i was doing my computer science degree was to focus on healthcare IT...thats where ive been trying to move into for the longest..but its political to get into those hospitals if you don't have the healthcare background even though you have the necessary IT skills..story of my life so far :to:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
A lot of hate here.
But just because you are in IT and married doesn't mean you are flabby and sick.
Not everyone in IT makes six figures. I've yet to get there. I'm a programmer with a degree and no certifications. I'm not banging women left and right and going off to fancy vacations and driving a fancy car. IT is good work and depending on your company, the IT department is a vital part of the company/organization whether it is computer/software development or other industry where the IT department is a supporting department.

I did a career change and was a cop for a couple of years. I liked the job but the pay sucked. Work conditions varied. I also have had other jobs in the past. So the two good things about IT are 1. pay is good and 2. there are a lot of IT jobs out there, and most cities have IT jobs, but sometimes, you have to move to make it happen.

get some cert. then get some hoes.. then get some more hoes. because They need programmers and infrastructure guys everywhere and you can always increase your pay if you stay on top of certs. It's really that simple.