"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
I understand the sour taste regarding the Fangio concepts after Gannon in the SB and Desai, but the actual man himself is a legit DC. Miami's defense pulled their weight the last two months until guys off the street had to play while the offense sputtered. Lamar dropped a nuke on them but he did the same thing to the two teams representing the NFC this weekend too.

Fangio forcing his way here is a blessing in disguise and saved them from the possibility of another whiff. Proven oldheads like him, Spags, Schwartz, etc aren't ever gonna field a defense like we had to stomach this year :hhh:
warming up to the idea of fangio. you check with dolphins fans they're very upset about it. you check with niners and cowboys fans, they're worried. :jbhmm:

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I don't hate these ideas as much as most.

I look at them like they're effectively neutering Sirianni. You get two legit vet coordinators on both sides of the ball to run things, and sirianni gets to go back to rock paper scissors and funny quotes

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I don't hate these ideas as much as most.

I look at them like they're effectively neutering Sirianni. You get two legit vet coordinators on both sides of the ball to run things, and sirianni gets to go back to rock paper scissors and funny quotes

So the HC is the real life Ted Lasso

:mjlol:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
So the HC is the real life Ted Lasso

:mjlol:
giphy.gif

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That press conference looked like Howie was a Father who just punished his Son after crashing the fancy expensive car., lol. Look the 1-6 record and a quick playoff bounce obviously was going to cause heads to roll. Lurie runs this team. He's not like Jerry Jones all in the videos and in the press. But he still rules with an iron fist. Brian was a casualty despite being on the team for years and working his way up. We knew they were going to clean house on the Defense because at the end of the day that was the biggest reason for the losses. It obvious they are going get veteran DC. We will see as Ron Rivera and now Fangio himself are on the market.

As for OC I don't know, the names thus far have caught my radar but we shall see. It's not good to keep changing coordinators every year. Again the team was 2 wins away from the #1 Seed after coming off a Super Bowl. Changes need to be made but it doesn't need to be blown up completely. Sirianni wasn't fired because it would have been too reactionary after 3 playoff berths and a Super Bowl. Who would want to coach for a team that keeps firing coaches that take them to the Super Bowl. You would always feel like your on thin ice. But they fired both coordinators to send a message. He has to tread lightly going forward. Make no mistake, Lurie, and Howie are running the show.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

Not that this was a surprise. Personnel NEEDS to change for this to work

We need another Kyzir White type FA signing at LB

We need to invest in the DL again...all the resources into the DL and it felt like that unit didn't have enough depth at the end of last season

Isaiah Rodgers, Ringo and Slay at CB...worried about S bc Sydney Brown has a torn acl and Blankman is oft-injured

I need a DE, LB, OL and S with the first 4 picks in the draft

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

Not that this was a surprise. Personnel NEEDS to change for this to work

Vic is 65 too, he doesn't have time to waste. He wouldn't force his way here unless he has trust and faith in Howie to get him what he needs and knows he'll have a voice in targeting defensive personnel.