"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Hiring Fangio suggests the draft & FA focus will focus on the trenches once again

I like how Fangio disguises the def...I hate how he doesn't mix up blitzes enough

The interesting thing will be to see if he runs a 5-2 or 3-4 bc his base def is a 3-4

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is crazy they are obsessed with this man and his soft ass 15 yards off ass defense. I’m BLOWN

at least it's the man himself this time and not the other knockoffs, but man was i more than ready to move on from that whole scheme. he did well with the phins before all the injuries (although they were stacked as fukk). the draft & free agency will be extra interesting now

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
at least it's the man himself this time and not the other knockoffs, but man was i more than ready to move on from that whole scheme. he did well with the phins before all the injuries (although they were stacked as fukk). the draft & free agency will be extra interesting now
True. I’m not looking forward to playing corners 10 yards off on 3rd and 4 though. No matter who is on the d line it won’t matter. God help us

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Hiring Fangio suggests the draft & FA focus will focus on the trenches once again

I like how Fangio disguises the def...I hate how he doesn't mix up blitzes enough

The interesting thing will be to see if he runs a 5-2 or 3-4 bc his base def is a 3-4
Fangio has always played a 3-4 "one and half gap" and declined to change when asked. Id be very surprised if he keeps a 5-2/4-3 front. I think he might do with Carter what Rams do with Donald - they run a 3-4 but Donald still mostly plays 3 tech

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Fangio has always played a 3-4 "one and half gap" and declined to change when asked. Id be very surprised if he keeps a 5-2/4-3 front. I think he might do with Carter what Rams do with Donald - they run a 3-4 but Donald still mostly plays 3 tech

He also uses a 6-1 occasionally...we'd def have the personnel for that with Redikk & Nolan Smith

I wouldn't mind seeing more Milton Williams as a 3-4 DE bc breh is versatile and he will net us a comp pick in 2026

I may be old school but that 5-2 in 2022 was highly effective

If we can be stout against the run, rush the passer well, and limit explosive pass plays...I'm ok with not having a top 5 def...a middle of the pack def should net 11 wins with our talent on offense

Last edited:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

I bring the culture and the 5 core values ya know....
juelz-talking.gif