"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i thought this brian johnson interview love was just rooney rule requirements but it does seem like he's coveted amongst the league. and if that's the case, why the fukk are we bringing back the person who's offense supposedly handicapped him? either way, he's young and new at this so hopefully he gets a better feel for play calling as his career goes on, because god knows he had zero feel for it this year.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
An improved Jalen Carter, Sydney Brown, Ringo and Blankman improves the def

We need 2022-level LB play m

Call me crazy but I think our young secondary improves next season under the right DC

I don't want to see Morrow, Cunningham, Bradberry, Maddox, Eli Ricks, Darius Leonard or Josh Jobe on the roster next season
Nick fired the person who likely would've had them playing alot better. Word on the street is the dude he hired after he fired Dennard Wilson is his friend :francis:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
i thought this brian johnson interview love was just rooney rule requirements but it does seem like he's coveted amongst the league. and if that's the case, why the fukk are we bringing back the person who's offense supposedly handicapped him? either way, he's young and new at this so hopefully he gets a better feel for play calling as his career goes on, because god knows he had zero feel for it this year.

I think BJ had less of a handle on play calling than we were led to believe. I am starting to think all this BJ love :shaq:
is telling. In the off chance, Johnson is brought back- I think that is a clear indication that (If my guess is right) he will totally run the offense and of course Jalen demanded his guy be brought back. (which can be a real slippery slope with the locker room)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Is Sirianni handicapping him or upper management? I couldve swore I saw itt or somewhere else that Sirianni got orders to shift from the time of position/grind shyt that got them to the superbowl in favor of a "high powered" offense? :jbhmm:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Is Sirianni handicapping him or upper management? I couldve swore I saw itt or somewhere else that Sirianni got orders to shift from the time of position/grind shyt that got them to the superbowl in favor of a "high powered" offense? :jbhmm:
Ownership is 100% involved but Nick is arrogant af. Too many times he's chirping or doing w/e and oftentimes jalen or other players have to tell him to chill. Wouldn't be surprised if he thought HE was the reason behind last year rather than his coords

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

We have the weapons to be a high powered passing offense, we don't have the QB to do it

We literally have two top 10 receivers and a top 10 TE...but we can barely squeak past 250 yds passing each wk despite the imbalance in the pass to run ratio

Devonta Smith is a top 10 WR and he doesn't get enough targets

And the RBs don't get enough carries

And the TE is not involved enough

So many gripes...but the fact is we should've transformed back into a ball control offense as soon as we realized the def was AZZ

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
We have the weapons to be a high powered passing offense, we don't have the QB to do it

We literally have two top 10 receivers and a top 10 TE...but we can barely squeak past 250 yds passing each wk despite the imbalance in the pass to run ratio

Devonta Smith is a top 10 WR and he doesn't get enough targets

And the RBs don't get enough carries

And the TE is not involved enough

So many gripes...but the fact is we should've transformed back into a ball control offense as soon as we realized the def was AZZ
we dont have the scheme High powered offenses dont throw goes and bubbles every play. We were at 10-1 off Jalens will alone...then we got our playskool ass offense figured out and that was a wrap

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
we dont have the scheme High powered offenses dont throw goes and bubbles every play. We were at 10-1 off Jalens will alone...then we got our playskool ass offense figured out and that was a wrap

Nah, Jalen was still uneven during the 10-1 start...his decision-making was off all season...and the 2 games he absolutely willed us were Buff & Wash

We won strictly off talent the first 11 wks...that's where Nick got arrogant bc he thought we could simply line up and out-talent teams

In terms of talent, we should've had a historic offense w/ a pro bowl RB, two top 10 WRs, a top 10 TE, and a generational OL

Kirk Cousins wins 13 games min. with this offense

I'm disgusted at the end result

But that's why last yr was so impt...we had the best roster in the league and our franchise's history only to fall short...a crack at the SB is not a given every season, as this one has proven

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Devonta so clutch :wow:

set record for most yards in an eagles playoff game. he was trying his damnest, but you can't bail out awful scheme. Give him a bag. He deserves it.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
its an interesting thought. the personnel decisions that were made due to being in win now mode and anointing hurts could set the team back a few years
i am honestly wondering if we should even keep AJ brown
that nikka aj gonna be gone
dont know what his deal is tbh lol

why keep sirianni though? oh well

get some cap space and build that defense