"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think BJ had less of a handle on play calling than we were led to believe. I am starting to think all this BJ love :shaq:
is telling. In the off chance, Johnson is brought back- I think that is a clear indication that (If my guess is right) he will totally run the offense and of course Jalen demanded his guy be brought back. (which can be a real slippery slope with the locker room)

I think they're bringing him back. If the offense goes flat during the home opener we're right back in this situation :francis:
Viery risky on Jalen's part to make things harder on himself to protect his mentor.

Dont wanna waste prime talent on offense so he can learn how to call NFL plays.

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Saw on twitter or maybe bleeding Green that they're trying to get Steichens OC ?

Lol it would be funny if they did to continue this direct line of guys from that group

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
if nick's plan to fix the team is to hire jim bob cooter and wink martindale as coordinators just go ahead and fire that nikka now.
No lie, I wouldn't even be able to support the Eagles this upcoming season if they hire a dude named Jim Bob Cooter. Where the fukk he come from, Incest, W.V.?

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Jim Bob Cooter would be a typical hire for Siri...we need an OC who can inject innovation into this offense

JBC didn't even call the plays in Indy

Besides Steichen, I want to get far away from the Indy orbit

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Cooter isn't really from the Indy orbit, it's a Sirianni connection. They were together in KC in 2012 and he was on the staff here in 2021.

Now that a week has passed and I've had time to think on it, I understand why Lurie would hesitate to clean house. There's justifiable reasons to make the move, but firing a coach after three straight playoff berths and a SB appearance is jarring and hard to justify to future candidates no matter what. Despite the "only 32 of these in the world" mantra and a roster that's clearly ready to win now, any candidate would have no choice but to be apprehensive vs a rebuild scenario and longer leash elsewhere. So between that and the players having his back like they did it's not a position you want to be in so I get why Lurie is trying to give Nick a chance to right the ship.