"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Cooter isn't really from the Indy orbit, it's a Sirianni connection. They were together in KC in 2012 and he was on the staff here in 2021.

Now that a week has passed and I've had time to think on it, I understand why Lurie would hesitate to clean house. There's justifiable reasons to make the move, but firing a coach after three straight playoff berths and a SB appearance is jarring and hard to justify to future candidates no matter what. Despite the "only 32 of these in the world" mantra and a roster that's clearly ready to win now, any candidate would have no choice but to be apprehensive vs a rebuild scenario and longer leash elsewhere. So between that and the players having his back like they did it's not a position you want to be in so I get why Lurie is trying to give Nick a chance to right the ship.

He's literally Indy's OC right now so how is he not from the Indy orbit??

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
No lie, I wouldn't even be able to support the Eagles this upcoming season if they hire a dude named Jim Bob Cooter. Where the fukk he come from, Incest, W.V.?

aside from the fact his wife is probably his sister, when he was the OC in detroit- the Lions were 32 or 32 teams in running the football-ill pass on moonshine boy

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Cooter isn't really from the Indy orbit, it's a Sirianni connection. They were together in KC in 2012 and he was on the staff here in 2021.

Now that a week has passed and I've had time to think on it, I understand why Lurie would hesitate to clean house. There's justifiable reasons to make the move, but firing a coach after three straight playoff berths and a SB appearance is jarring and hard to justify to future candidates no matter what. Despite the "only 32 of these in the world" mantra and a roster that's clearly ready to win now, any candidate would have no choice but to be apprehensive vs a rebuild scenario and longer leash elsewhere. So between that and the players having his back like they did it's not a position you want to be in so I get why Lurie is trying to give Nick a chance to right the ship.

as much I hate this- I agree. I just dont think Ted Lasso is this new age great HC- there is no way- that type of coach would even come here at this point.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So they gonna pump fake like they getting an outside voice but really it’s just Jim Bob who hasn’t seen sirianni in 2 years :mjlol:

Come on now can we get some got damn motion and middle of the field in the system :damn:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware

It’s yet to be seen if they players actually have his back - they sure played like they wanted him fired.

Either way, if it’s not a dramatic turn around we’re in the same situation again. If the home opener going terribly, the fans are going to demolish this team

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
skysports-jalen-hurts-baker-mayfield_6298212.jpg

Eagles lose to Bucs in Wild Card Round with disappointing end to Super Bowl follow up season.

ZPPT6H54B5GORNUVVNCRXSYOSQ.jpg

Eagles fire DC Sean Desai and fail to renew Matt Patricia’s contract after defensive collapse to end the season.

FjLLtkOXgAUe11E.jpg

AJ Brown misses the playoff game, but Smitty goes off with Eagles record for most yards in a playoff Game

Eagles are one and done while losing Wild Card to the Bucs and fall to 8-15 All Time in the Wild Card Round. The Eagles are now 2-4 Vs Tampa in the Playoffs including 0-3 in Tampa. Tampa also now leads the All Time Series 12-11.

SUPER BOWL HANGOVER: Eagles fail to win a playoff game for the 3rd time after losing the Super Bowl. The 1981 Eagles lost in the Wild Card and the 2005 Eagles missed the Playoffs. The Eagles lost 6 of their last 7 Games including the Playoffs. The 2017 Super Bowl Champion Eagles won the Wild Card Game 2018 but lost in the Division Round. The 1947, 1948 and 1949 Eagles are the last teams to return to back to back Championship games.

SUFFERING FROM SUCCESS: Sadly the team was consumed by their own success. With 6 weeks to go everything was looking in the right direction and like life, it can all change in an instant. Again it’s hard getting back to the Super Bowl. What the Chiefs are doing now is not easy. But the pressure of getting back really got us in the end. The Offense did carry the team this year but it wasn’t enough. Jalen’s overall numbers were good though the turnovers were up. I think Year 3 was more about dealing with the success and the pressure of getting back to the Super Bowl. Sadly Jalen falls to 2-3 in the Playoffs and 0-2 on the Road. Both of his playoff wins were in Philly. I'm still happy to have watched Eagles Playoff Football 6 of the last 7 years. Two NFC Championship Wins and A Super Bowl Win. This has been a really great time of Eagles Football.

DEFENSIVE DEBACLE: The Desai move ended up hurting more than helping. Matt Patricia is exactly who we all knew and thought he was. Though he was put into the fire with 5 games left, his experience sadly didn’t change much. I’m not shocked both will be gone for 2024.

OFFESIVE OPPOURTUNTIES: Two 1,000 Yard WR, 1,000 yards Rusher, Jalen with 4,400 totals yards and 38 TD's. The Production was there, but it still felt like a lot of TD's and Points were left out there. We could use a few more pieces.

NICK AND BRIAN: Look the numbers again will say the Offense produced but there were problems with the game plans. Since It’s trending towards both of them being back if Brian doesn’t get a Head Coach job, they need to really tighten some things up for next year.

HOT START, COLD ENDING: Very tough way to go out this season. To start 10-1 with the best record and just practically give away the #1 Seed, Division and then get bounced was just not the way to go at all. There’s plenty of blame to go around but the Defensive went from shutting people down to just not being able to stop anything. Offense had to constantly dig out of holes and pulls games out.

AS THE NFC BEAST TURNS PLAYOFF EDITION: Packers and Jordan Love pack up the Boys in Dallas. McCarthy falls to 1-3 in the Playoffs for Dallas. Dak is also 2-5 career record. Bucs and Baker baked the Eagles as they lose back to back Wild Card games. Sirianni and Jalen are both 2-3 in the Playoffs. The NFC BEAST will not have an appearance in the Super Bowl. The Eagles are still the last team to appear and win a Super Bowl in the Division. (Washington – 33 Years, 91' Boys – 28 Years, 96', GMen – 12 Years, 2012', Eagles – 6 years, 2017, Last year Appearance 1 year, 2022)

This is the second time this season I went out of the Country and we lost badly. Well no way to spin this. Terrible ending to our NFC Championship Defense season. In the end I’ll admit the Desai move ended up doing way more harm than good. Matt Patricia didn’t really make matters better either. As for the playoff game, AJ Absence was really felt. He had like 140 yards and 9 catches in the first game. Smitty went off but it wasn’t enough. I didn’t like the game plan with Jalen’s finger and no AJ. They didn’t run Swift enough and got away from the Run. We knew Bowls was going to blitz to oblivion. I can’t believe this Defense made Baker look that good. There was barely any pressure on him. When they did apply some pressure, he was looking like the Old Baker, making mistakes. We really don’t match up well with Tampa unless we run the ball. That’s how we beat them the first time. I understand Sirianni getting heat because of how the season ended but I stand by that he shouldn’t be fired.

Also hell no to Belichick. I'm glad Patricia is gone. The entire Defense needs to be revamped. We also need to invest in a “Power” Back. No more finesse running, we got to bring that power running back. I don’t even blame Swift, it was mostly the play calling why his numbers were even better. More hot routes next year too. There are things to work on. It's hard to put it all on Brian since this was his first year because I knew Sirianni was meddling on some of those plays. Also Howie need to take this L because he tried to go a little cheaper on Defense when he needed to invest heavily in it. Jeffry Lurie and Howie I blame for the Desai move. It was a little panic when we had only lost a few games and it caused more problems in the locker-room with the Defense. I know they wanted to spark a change but Leaning a whole new style and Defense that late in the season just didn’t work. Sirianni has won 36 Games (Including Playoffs) in 3 years. That's actually not bad at all with 3 Playoff Berths and a Super Bowl. As bad as the ending was, blowing everything up is unnecessary. They just need to again revamp the Defense.

I think they can win 10 or more games again next year with a better Defense. As for the rest of the playoffs. Lamar and the Ravens are on a tear. KC is KC in the playoffs because of their experience. Lions have been fighting all year for respect and here they are in the NFC Title game for the first time since the early 90’s. San Fran is once again in the NFC Title Game. This is their 7th Appearance since 2010, that’s crazy. I thought Jordan Love has shown he’s arrived could have won in San Fran outside of a few mistakes. He really torched Dallas something serious. Yes losing on the Road to the Bucs wasn't great but we gave The Boys the Division and #2 Seed on a silver platter for them to let Greenbay do that. CJ Stroud also proved a lot too, it was tough for him to try and beat BMore in BMore. Josh Allen got close but shows how important good kicking is once again. Overall crazy playoffs but the Top seeds (1 Vs 3) are in the final. It’s just a much easier road to the Super Bowl with the Bye Week. All 4 of the Eagles Super Bowl Appearances they were the #1 Seed. Our goal is once again get the Best Record and Win the Division next year. Well Off Season is here. Let’s rebuild and come back stronger next year. We will not have to deal with the Super Bowl Hangover Loser and NFC Back To Back Champion Curses.

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Definitely prefer Ron over the cover zero blitz Wink bullshyt :scust:

A Riverboat hire does not give me any enthusiasm...he's a run of the mill DC

Mainly runs a Cover 3 and Cover 4 behind a 4 man rush

We need a DC that is forward thinking, not old guard

Sad part is, I think the def could have as many as 5-6 new starters next season and you should really be hiring a DC who has a vision for your existing personnel...only guys I can say for sure are starting next season are Sweat, Carter, Davis & Redikk...the entire back 7 is unknown