"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I feel like people are attacking BJ for all the wrong reasons , I’m sure he has tried to implement his own scheme to the offense & Nick refused to adjust . Not sure if it’s true but there’s an article floating that Hurts & BJ asked Nick to use the middle of the field more and he said “ NO “

Throwing in the middle of the field is a secondary concern

BJ looks like he was the one calling the plays...why did he abandon the run in practically every game??

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

Sirianni is likely coming back

AJ gave us an insight into how the players feel about Nick as a man, none of them have an issue with him on that level. I would expect them to go to bat for him just like they all did at the end of the 2020 season for Doug.

The issue here (much like with Doug at the end) is on the field, we have a 25 game sample size of Nick's offense without Steichen calling plays and it's basura. Current players literally calling out plays from their couch, former players and coaches all dissecting the tape and saying the same things about how bland, basic and arrogant the approach is.

I have no reason to believe he's gonna change his stripes and adapt, his team was drowning for two months and he kept trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with things getting worse week after week. Running it back with Nick doesn't mean the team can't be good next year, but an offensive HC who doesn't call plays and falls apart like this without a star OC is of no value to me. At least defensive CEOs like McDermott and Vrabel run their side of the ball, vibes and comradery can't be your calling card as an offensive coach in a league where coaches like Shannahan and McVay and Reid run machines as the head of the snake.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
AJ gave us an insight into how the players feel about Nick as a man, none of them have an issue with him on that level. I would expect them to go to bat for him just like they all did at the end of the 2020 season for Doug.

The issue here (much like with Doug at the end) is on the field, we have a 25 game sample size of Nick's offense without Steichen calling plays and it's basura. Current players literally calling out plays from their couch, former players and coaches all dissecting the tape and saying the same things about how bland, basic and arrogant the approach is.

I have no reason to believe he's gonna change his stripes and adapt, his team was drowning for two months and he kept trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with things getting worse week after week. Running it back with Nick doesn't mean the team can't be good next year, but an offensive HC who doesn't call plays and falls apart like this without a star OC is of no value to me. At least defensive CEOs like McDermott and Vrabel run their side of the ball, vibes and comradery can't be your calling card as an offensive coach in a league where coaches like Shannahan and McVay and Reid run machines as the head of the snake.

yup. even if we find 2 new great coordinators on both sides of the ball, are we back to square one if they get poached after a successful season? the damage is already done, we need a HC who at the bare minimum can dominate his side of the football field if all else fails.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
yup. even if we find 2 new great coordinators on both sides of the ball, are we back to square one if they get poached after a successful season? the damage is already done, we need a HC who at the bare minimum can dominate his side of the football field if all else fails.
His one strength is supposed to be game management and he's constantly aggressive when he shouldnt be and constantly passive when he shouldn't be. How many times have we burned time outs for some dumb shyt when we would've needed it?

That 2 min drive to end the first half of the Tampa game is exactly what I mean

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
this shyt is so confusing

WHOSE FAULT(S) IS IT??!?!?! LOL
For sure getting rid of desai as DC was a panic move by Howie/Laurie. Hassan said that decision came from "upstairs"

Offense, it's the spider man pointing meme. Could be all 3(sirianni, OC and hurts)

I said I was 50/50 about firing/retaining sirianni. I just didn't want this to drag out. I just hope Frank Reich or Bryon Leftwich is the OC... Maybe even bieniemy if he ain't retained

And we get away from our obsession with fangio scheme and get someone like Mike Zimmer. Who can handle his side