"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Health&Wealth

Rookie
Daps
Goedert is a much better blocker than Ertz ever was...I'll take that trade off all day

At CB, we got Isaiah Rodgers coming in next season, top 10 grade in 2022...Kelee Ringo should get significant playing time as well

Jared Verse from FSU would be ideal at 22...he's like a younger Josh Sweat

For LB, Jeremiah Trotter Jr in R2 or Edgerrin Cooper

I’d prefer them lean towards Cooper dejean , Kool-aid & Nate Wiggins

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If you pay a QB $250M, he should be able to beat mid teams like the Littles, Cards & Bucs

We are paying a QB all this money and he hasn't proven he can read a def
It aint just the QB Goedert is injury prone and cant Catch this season.

Outside Aj and devonta we dont have a receiver that is reliable.

we dont use swift right

oline has all these All pros and probowlers but it lets up too much pressure and at times gets no push

Dline cant get pressure

We keep dropping our D ends in coverage cause our Linebackers cant

we have no linebackers! We have no linebackers! we haaaaaaave no linebackers!!!!

Our CBs are aged vets and practice squad guys.
Bradberry cant defend at all

Chalk Dawk is good but thats it Sidney is high energy but he cant cover Byard...we waisted a pick

Toughest schedule in the league, Lowest recovery time and a coaching staff running a high school playbook in the NFL aint it.

Jalen needs to spend this off season really working on seeing the field cause if not hes not gonna make 2 more years.

an overhaul of the coaching staff is a must as well.

and we need to change the philosophy and reliance on analytics. it starts at that top and I gaurantee only a small amount of these get fixed. Too many egos in the buildings

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I’d prefer them lean towards Cooper dejean , Kool-aid & Nate Wiggins

They'll all be gone by pick 20, esp if they test well at the combine (I expect Sehorn Jr to kill the combine)

We gotta hit on the 2nd round picks

We need 4 starters out this draft

If we drafted to fill our most pressing needs, in some order it would be LB, DE and CB...but as I mentioned earlier, we also need a swing tackle, slot receiver, S, and slot corner

My hope is a great prospect falls to 22 and he's a day 1 starter

Last edited:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Saw something interesting on twitter earlier

Apparently Lurie has never hired a coach who head NFL head coaching experience.

So all the beli, Harbaugh, etc talk is probably pointless

He is very capable of changing philosophy especially after a collapse like this. But I think Sirianni is staying. I ve changed my stance on this

My take is this, Chip Kelly was hardlined. And after Chip got fired, Lurie then wanted a players coach or a coach with "emotional intelligence" as Lurie said, hired Doug Pederson, and he reached the top in Year two. Year three, makes the playoff barely and eliminated on wildcard weekend at home. Doug keeps certain guys on the staff but not his offensive coordinator Mike Groh. Let Doug go in Year four due to a very bad 4-11-1 year and him not willing to let his guys go on the coaching staff.

Then hire Nick, a guy similar, a players coach and in Year two, He was this close in reaching the top. Year three epic epic collapse on offense and defense before getting eliminated wild card weekend. Very similar to Doug. Lurie learned from what happened in Pederson's last year.

He is gonna completely purge the coaching staff on both sides of the ball with the exception of stoutland

Burn Sirianni's stale ass playbook and Hire an experienced offensive coordinator who has near complete autonomy with playcalling and who can game plan with Sirianni.

U need discipline on defense. Hire an experienced defensive coordinator and be done with that Fangio style defense. Again an experienced guy hand picked by Lurie and Howie that operates independently from Sirianni with his own defensive philosophy.

Last edited:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
He is very capable of changing philosophy especially after a collapse like this. But I think Sirianni is staying. I ve changed my stance on this

My take is this, Chip Kelly was hardlined. And after Chip got fired, Lurie then wanted a players coach or a coach with "emotional intelligence" as Lurie said, hired Doug Pederson, and he reached the top in Year two. Year three, makes the playoff barely andeliminated on wildcard weekend at home. Doug keeps certain guys on the staff but not his offensive coordinator Mike Groh. Let Doug go in Year four due to a very bad 4-11-1 year and him not willing to let his guys go on the coaching staff.

Then hire Nick, a guy similar, a players coach and in Year two. He was this close in reaching the top. Year three epic epic collapse on offense and defense before getting eliminated wild card weekend. Very similar to Doug. Lurie learned from what happened in Pederson's last year.

He is gonna completely purge the coaching staff on both sides of the ball with the exception of stoutland

Burn Sirianni's stale ass playbook and Hire an experienced offensive coordinator who has near complete autonomy with playcalling and who can game plan with Sirianni.

U need discipline on defense. Hire an experienced defensive coordinator and be done with that Fangio style defense.
Nick had 18 weeks to correct problems on this team including basic things such as effort. If he couldn’t do it all season why do you think he can convince all the players he lost over an off season.

If they bring Nick back he’s automatically on the hot seat. What competent coach will want to coach under him knowing they might be one and done?

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Nick had 18 weeks to correct problems on this team including basic things such as effort. If he couldn’t do it all season why do you think he can convince all the players he lost over an off season.

If they bring Nick back he’s automatically on the hot seat. What competent coach will want to coach under him knowing they might be one and done?

I'm not completely sure he lost the locker room. Again i think the players still like him and will listen to him. If he humbles himself with losing responsibilities, I don't think he gets fired after his meeting with Lurie today.

Less power for Nick and more power for his offensive and defensive coordinators. A job is a job and near complete control over game planning and playcalling is something enticing for any coach as it demonstrates they are more than just yes men to the head coach and they have tools to be head coaches.

Nick got cocky with his playbook from last year cause Steichen conducted it to near perfection within Nick's scheme. He thought it was fool proof. The league like it always does had a whole off season to catch up and Sirianni never anticipated to make serious adjustments to it.

I think the bad offensive effort and showing came from bad gameplanning and uninspiring playcalling.

I think the bad defensive effort and showing came from a complex scheme that is too passive and switching defensive playcallers in the middle of the year.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I'm not completely sure he lost the locker room. Again i think the players still like him and will listen to him. If he humbles himself with losing responsibilities, I don't think he gets fired after his meeting with Lurie today.

Less power for Nick and more power for his offensive and defensive coordinators. A job is a job and near complete control over game planning and playcalling is something enticing for any coach as it demonstrates they are more than just yes men to the head coach and they have tools to be head coaches.

Nick got cocky with his playbook from last year cause Steichen conducted it to near perfection within Nick's scheme. He thought it was fool proof. The league like it always does had a whole off season to catch up and Sirianni never anticipated to make serious adjustments to it.

I think the bad offensive effort and showing came from bad gameplanning and uninspiring playcalling.

I think the bad defensive effort and showing came from a complex scheme that is too passive and switching defensive playcallers in the middle of the year.
I hear you man but that last part is especially why I don’t know if he can come back. You basically created Desai guys vs Patricia guys and tbh you can point exactly to that move destroying the season. Offense had their woes but they also didn’t blow multiple double digit leads back to back.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I want clarity on who was responsible for not committing to the run

Who was responsible for all the passing plays when we didn't need to pass

Next season - Incorporate some pre-snap motion, some short to intermediate pass concepts, and a commitment to the run...no reason this offense can't avg 28 a game next season

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Saw something interesting on twitter earlier

Apparently Lurie has never hired a coach who head NFL head coaching experience.

So all the beli, Harbaugh, etc talk is probably pointless
Yeah I’m more interested now in how much meddling they been doing. We low key may be in a Jerry jones situation ourselves…

Health&Wealth

Rookie
Daps
I feel like people are attacking BJ for all the wrong reasons , I’m sure he has tried to implement his own scheme to the offense & Nick refused to adjust . Not sure if it’s true but there’s an article floating that Hurts & BJ asked Nick to use the middle of the field more and he said “ NO “

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I feel like people are attacking BJ for all the wrong reasons , I’m sure he has tried to implement his own scheme to the offense & Nick refused to adjust . Not sure if it’s true but there’s an article floating that Hurts & BJ asked Nick to use the middle of the field more and he said “ NO “

Yeah Eagles insider reporter. This explains why Hurts and them boys has that fukk this look.